Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #71
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Thought I would add the time slip, kind of shows I got a way to go for sure. My car is on meth not on nitrous.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #72
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
Thought I would add the time slip, kind of shows I got a way to go for sure. My car is on meth not on nitrous.

Thats an easy 10.20 with a 1.5x sixty...Hopefully you can get more agresive on the next trip
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #73
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
With that trap speed I would say this car has < 10.00 possibilities. Best of luck!
Unavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #74
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
With that trap speed I would say this car has < 10.00 possibilities. Best of luck!

Not with 1.6 60's. Jim, figure out how to get a 1.4 60' and you'll me money and I think the first M6 (true) car in the 9's. 138mph is doable for a 9 second pass but with the much power I would think there is more in it. There is a reason every fast M6 car has been transplanted with an auto.....Its a mother f'er to get them down the drive.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #75
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Not with 1.6 60's. Jim, figure out how to get a 1.4 60' and you'll me money and I think the first M6 (true) car in the 9's. 138mph is doable for a 9 second pass but with the much power I would think there is more in it. There is a reason every fast M6 car has been transplanted with an auto.....Its a mother f'er to get them down the drive.
Agreed. The mph is there, but the 60' needs work. Nice problem to have though. I'm sure it's a blast on the street.
Unavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #76
maxdmax

Quote:
I am with you it is not an easy task, the guys at Gforce are planning on coming down if they can and help me on my 60 foot this weekend. They are pulling 1.3s at least with their car ( yes an auto I think ) but they know their stuff. I know you are well into the 9s but did you ever do 9s on just the maggie only before adding the small shot of nitrous? If not we are shooting for the first gen5 Maggie with a meth only car in the 9s as well. On the auto I am an old guy and never raced anything without a stick, I now they can go faster, but I was hooked on the stick way back in 1976 on my first pass in my old vette LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #77
maxdmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
Agreed. The mph is there, but the 60' needs work. Nice problem to have though. I'm sure it's a blast on the street.
I agree the car is doing its job it the old guy is struggling to keep up with this beast! I drive my car to work about every day and lately I keep forgetting to take my slicks and skinnies off. It is a handful on radials but sneaking around on the slicks is a blast for sure LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #78
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
haha, old man's ass . u just need seat time. Jim hell this is what ur 2nd or 3rd outting , with the new setup , and the setup before that u just had what 1 day at the track. u made a ton of changes. U will get it if u can get everything to go right so u can get it done. u just need some track time. U have only made what 10 passes on it ? ive seen u drive that beast , just got to figure out what the car wants in that first 60' . then u will be knockin on the 9's door. i got faith in u.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #79
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I am with you it is not an easy task, the guys at Gforce are planning on coming down if they can and help me on my 60 foot this weekend. They are pulling 1.3s at least with their car ( yes an auto I think ) but they know their stuff. I know you are well into the 9s but did you ever do 9s on just the maggie only before adding the small shot of nitrous? If not we are shooting for the first gen5 Maggie with a meth only car in the 9s as well. On the auto I am an old guy and never raced anything without a stick, I now they can go faster, but I was hooked on the stick way back in 1976 on my first pass in my old vette LOL

April 27, 2012. 9.98 at 138 with just the maggie. No meth, no juice, just 680 rwhp on a 3.4.

The good old days.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #80
maxdmax

Quote:
April 27, 2012. 9.98 at 138 with just the maggie. No meth, no juice, just 680 rwhp on a 3.4.

The good old days.
That is one nice pass, as smooth and straight as it gets. That is very impressive for 680 RWHP. What was you 60' and 1/8 numbers on that pass? I love watching you all making those passes like that ,it gives me a lot of incentive to make my stick car go as smooth as I can. I need to do a lot more on the suspension side, if I can get my first 120 foot down only half as smooth I hope I can pull off 9 second or darn close to it.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #81
maxdmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
haha, old man's ass . u just need seat time. Jim hell this is what ur 2nd or 3rd outting , with the new setup , and the setup before that u just had what 1 day at the track. u made a ton of changes. U will get it if u can get everything to go right so u can get it done. u just need some track time. U have only made what 10 passes on it ? ive seen u drive that beast , just got to figure out what the car wants in that first 60' . then u will be knockin on the 9's door. i got faith in u.
I wish maybe 5 or 6 real passes the other couple were just skate down passes with Paul in the car and the my first pass at London to get a feeling for stopping there. BTW, is not an issue in our cars even at 140 mph.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #82
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Yep, we will roll in Friday evening. I'm looking forward to giving you a hand Jim.
I really need to get some shake down passes on our GTO before the NMCA races start up again so this will give me a good opportunity to lend you a hand and get our car dialed in at the same time.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #83
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Quote:

Living it .... working it into the build equation ... Love the M6 everywhere but the track.... Just me.
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #84
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
That is one nice pass, as smooth and straight as it gets. That is very impressive for 680 RWHP. What was you 60' and 1/8 numbers on that pass? I love watching you all making those passes like that ,it gives me a lot of incentive to make my stick car go as smooth as I can. I need to do a lot more on the suspension side, if I can get my first 120 foot down only half as smooth I hope I can pull off 9 second or darn close to it.
I'll try and find the slip. Since then I've gotten a new phone so I don't have the pictures readily available.