Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
LessSinister

Drives: 2011 - 2LT/RS Convertible
Sorry to see this happen to any C5.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD_SS View Post
I swear these cars have "hit me" on them. My car was 1st 5th gen Camaro was in hit n run. Either they hit me parking or when they reversed.
So true. My car has been hit in this two year period more that any car i've ever owned ALL PUT TOGETHER. It's like they are magnets to accidents.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #17
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Yeah...definately good for him that he came to you with the bad news. But you MUST get his insurance info ASAP.

That looks pratcially identical to a scratch I got, but mine didn't get into the sheet metal of the fender. Took $1700.00 to fix. (Yes that's one thousand, seven hundred bucks)

You really can't get mad at the guy - he did do the right thing and accidents happen. But like you, it was depressing to see my baby with a scraped up nose. Even worse yet was having to drive a crappy monte carlo beater/rental for a week.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
God...You should be so thankful he fessed up. Most adults don't have that kind of integrity.

I have to chase most people down that hit me because they just want to act as though it never happened.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #19
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
I am not mad at all. Like I said it is sad and makes me bummed but he's cool and we are tight. My dad works at a dealership so I have the resources to easily get it fixed. I have scraped it once before but not as bad as this. I am sure they won't be expecting the price to be so high. It will get fixed and everything will be back to normal, hopefully, soon. I like to think if no one is hurt and it can be fixed it is just an inconvenience. Stuff happens and he manned up and was responsible. I know mostly any other kid would have never told me, some of these kids just have no common sense or feel they are responsible for any of their actions.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
typhoidfvr

Drives: 2010 2SS RS package Black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Better get the insurance info just in case. You aren't fixing that for a couple hundred bucks like he thinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1903 View Post
yea...you will want to get his insurance info and everything just incase. Could be front facia/bumper and front side fender...Not sure what kind of money the kid is rolling with but I would guess it could easily cost $500 to replace/repair. I could be wrong though
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Make sure your resource officer or front office does a report, and get all the kids information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Yeah...definately good for him that he came to you with the bad news. But you MUST get his insurance info ASAP.

That looks pratcially identical to a scratch I got, but mine didn't get into the sheet metal of the fender. Took $1700.00 to fix. (Yes that's one thousand, seven hundred bucks)

You really can't get mad at the guy - he did do the right thing and accidents happen. But like you, it was depressing to see my baby with a scraped up nose. Even worse yet was having to drive a crappy monte carlo beater/rental for a week.
typhoidfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #21
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Like others said least he confessed to you about it so not like my generation, thankfully never had to deal with it at school
Old 11-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Like everyone said you gotta give the guy credit for fessin up. Good to hear you guys are still tight as well. Good to know not every kid out there is a sneeky little snot, and credit to you too for not going off the deep end.
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #23
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Hope he has deep pockets for a high schooler.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
It was a cheap way to find out a friend has true character, I'm sure it will work out for everyone, that kid is a stand out in a crowd, good for you for recognizing that fact.