Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 05-16-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
suhailrehman

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 1LT Imperial Blue
Car Detail and Maintainance in the Middle East!

Hey guys,

The Middle East may not be the best place in the world when it comes to car maintainance. Harsh climate, sandstorms, constant dust means that we loose our paint finish very easily on these beautiful Camaros - This is even more the case with people who went for dark colors like black and imperial blue metallic.

I personally wash my car at least once a week and do it myself. I use a pressure washer (but not too powerful like the ones used in car cleaning shops) like the Karcher 2.19 : http://www.karcherresidential.com/en...aram2=&param3=

I would like to get the car waxed at least once before summer starts full swing. I might do it myself, but if you guys have any good suggestions on places in Qatar that do a professional job of waxing, swirl removal and detailing let me know.

Also I want to know what's your car maintenance routines here in the Middle East? How do you guys keep your cars clean and maintain the showroom finish here?
suhailrehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhailrehman View Post
Hey guys,

The Middle East may not be the best place in the world when it comes to car maintainance. Harsh climate, sandstorms, constant dust means that we loose our paint finish very easily on these beautiful Camaros - This is even more the case with people who went for dark colors like black and imperial blue metallic.

I personally wash my car at least once a week and do it myself. I use a pressure washer (but not too powerful like the ones used in car cleaning shops) like the Karcher 2.19 : http://www.karcherresidential.com/en...aram2=&param3=

I would like to get the car waxed at least once before summer starts full swing. I might do it myself, but if you guys have any good suggestions on places in Qatar that do a professional job of waxing, swirl removal and detailing let me know.

Also I want to know what's your car maintenance routines here in the Middle East? How do you guys keep your cars clean and maintain the showroom finish here?
Well I dust my car everyday as my car's color is Cyber Gray. I wash it and wax it once a week.

I take my car once a year to Zibart for paint protection and inner guard protection too.

I'm not sure whether you have Zibart in Doha or not?
Old 05-16-2010, 02:39 AM   #3
suhailrehman

@cybergray

I think I've seen Zibart somewhere in Doha, I'll check to find out where it is. What duster do you use for your car?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
@cybergray

I think I've seen Zibart somewhere in Doha, I'll check to find out where it is. What duster do you use for your car?
I use a micro fiber arm and cloth with a water spray. Then wash it manually on weekend with a sponge + turtle car soap, then polish it with turtle polish.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
suhailrehman

Good call on Ziebart. We have one here in Doha. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they quote for your paint protection?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Good call on Ziebart. We have one here in Doha. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they quote for your paint protection?
The Dimond protection package is around OMR 95 with one year warranty and you get 50% discount for the next year application.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
Stoutgutt

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro 1SS
Coat the Camaro in spray-on bed liner like they do the fronts of trucks before hitting the sand dune and call it a day.