Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Simple test. Test drive them both and see what you think.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Thats hard man, I love the Camaro but I guarantee I could get a used Vette for not much more than I'm going to spend on my Camaro but I like the Camaro better. I guess it all comes down to your preference.

I agree with the above, test drive both and see which appeals to you more.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
CaMeRoN187

Drives: 2011 SW 1LT
im leaning to a camaro because it was my first choice but theres like 3-4 vettes that are still under the 100k mile 5 year warrenty so im still gonna make a pros and cons list
CaMeRoN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
A Camaro is a FUN Muscle car.

A Vette is a street racer. To me not much fun.

Corvettes are EVERYWHERE, YUK.

Vette's have NO ROOM. My car IS NOT a car to go to the lumber yard, BUT I do like to be able to put something in it now and then. Its nice to have a buddy go places with AND have room for his son to come with, AND stop at the store for a few things AND have room for it.

Its YOUR choice, but I personally CAN'T even compare the 2 cars, COMPLETELY different cars IMO. Why not get a Hummer, thats also MUCH diff then a Camaro.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #19
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
vettes are for mid life crises age.. if that's what you're goin for..
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
CaMeRoN187

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
A Camaro is a FUN Muscle car.

A Vette is a street racer. To me not much fun.

Corvettes are EVERYWHERE, YUK.

Vette's have NO ROOM. My car IS NOT a car to go to the lumber yard, BUT I do like to be able to put something in it now and then. Its nice to have a buddy go places with AND have room for his son to come with, AND stop at the store for a few things AND have room for it.

Its YOUR choice, but I personally CAN'T even compare the 2 cars, COMPLETELY different cars IMO. Why not get a Hummer, thats also MUCH diff then a Camaro.
thats true, im 19 theres gonna 1 person in the passanger seat, vettes are everywhere not many mods can be done looks wise. Im prob gonna get a camaro but its a really hard decision. im prob gonna have to goto the local dealership and sit in a vette to see before i make my final decision. any vette and camaro owners mind throwing some advice into this?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #21
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i have owned 4 vettes and i will take this camaro before any of them.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #22
vsound

Drives: 2LT RS Camaro: RY w/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
vettes are for mid life crises age.. if that's what you're goin for..
I don't think that is true, really--most people just prefer to buy sports cars new, as was argued above, and most people CAN'T buy a Vette until they are in their 50s.

Anyway, with cars like these I want them to be exactly what I want.

Color. Stripes. Interior. I'm picky.

I doubt I could ever call a car another guy designed my own.

If you are fortunate enough to be purchasing a second car at your age, get the 2LT. You should be financially able to buy a NEW Vette soon if you save your money, anyway.
vsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
rad

Drives: Ordered 1/22/10: SW 2LT/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
vettes are for mid life crises age...
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #24
CaMeRoN187

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsound View Post
I don't think that is true, really--most people just prefer to buy sports cars new, as was argued above, and most people CAN'T buy a Vette until they are in their 50s.

Anyway, with cars like these I want them to be exactly what I want.

Color. Stripes. Interior. I'm picky.

I doubt I could ever call a car another guy designed my own.

If you are fortunate enough to be purchasing a second car at your age, get the 2LT. You should be financially able to buy a NEW Vette soon if you save your money, anyway.
I own my own online business and goto college full time, i plan on paying for about half of it my father has agreed to pay for half of it so im very greatfull for that. At the moment im driving a car shared with 1 other person in my family but our schdules wont fit anymore so its time to get my own and im faced with this situation.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #25
vsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMeRoN187 View Post
I own my own online business and goto college full time, i plan on paying for about half of it my father has agreed to pay for half of it so im very greatfull for that. At the moment im driving a car shared with 1 other person in my family but our schdules wont fit anymore so its time to get my own and im faced with this situation.
Best of luck with your career, man. Sounds like you're working hard.

If this is going to be your daily driver, you should get the 2LT. It's what I drive every day, and it's excellent for that purpose.

I wouldn't get the V6 if it was my weekend car, though. Then I'd want the SS or Vette.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #26
CaMeRoN187

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsound View Post
Best of luck with your career, man. Sounds like you're working hard.

If this is going to be your daily driver, you should get the 2LT. It's what I drive every day, and it's excellent for that purpose.

I wouldn't get the V6 if it was my weekend car, though. Then I'd want the SS or Vette.
I'm most likely going to get a 2LT its just seeing the cars i loved as a child (corvettes) being in my reech at this age i would of never expected it so i thought i would take the leep but it doesnt seem logical to get it now i bet winters would be a killer. i have to give a big thanks to everyone who took the time to read and post it really helped me
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
vsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMeRoN187 View Post
I'm most likely going to get a 2LT its just seeing the cars i loved as a child (corvettes) being in my reech at this age i would of never expected it so i thought i would take the leep but it doesnt seem logical to get it now i bet winters would be a killer. i have to give a big thanks to everyone who took the time to read and post it really helped me
I understand. I'm only 22 and I drive the 2LT, so I feel ya.

Just leave the Vette on the list of cars for when you're in your late 20s or early 30s, maybe. It's good to have something to aim for!
Old 04-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #28
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
I absolutly LOVE my corvette. But its looks are nothing next to the 2010 camaro. But honestly IT takes a super expensive exotic to compete with the raw power that beast makes.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote