Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71456 View Post
Thanks guys!

I spoke with the shop this morning and we're getting another pulley and retuning in a few weeks. Probably 3.4 to bring me to about 8psi, which is what it was at before the headers. I already ordered a dual-pump through Stillen and am having them install it. It should arrive in a few weeks and once it is I'm going back to the other shop to have the pulley installed and the car re-tuned.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input and sharing with me your setups and experiences. I really appreciate it.
That should be a nice safe setup.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
J Webb

Drives: 2010 2ss iom
Quote:
Thanks guys!

I spoke with the shop this morning and we're getting another pulley and retuning in a few weeks. Probably 3.4 to bring me to about 8psi, which is what it was at before the headers. I already ordered a dual-pump through Stillen and am having them install it. It should arrive in a few weeks and once it is I'm going back to the other shop to have the pulley installed and the car re-tuned.

Thank you everyone for your valuable input and sharing with me your setups and experiences. I really appreciate it.
Let us know what boost your gauge reads with the 3.4.
J Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Webb View Post
Let us know what boost your gauge reads with the 3.4.
With a 3.4, lt's and the stock valvetrain, my car made just over 10 psi. We had to add meth to be safe bc the stock fuel system wasnt keeping up on the top.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
B-rad
Yellow Stealth

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro, 1999 WS6 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
With a 3.4, lt's and the stock valvetrain, my car made just over 10 psi. We had to add meth to be safe bc the stock fuel system wasnt keeping up on the top.
I agree. My car made 7.5-8 PSI with a 3.6 and LT's with 3" exhaust
B-rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
3.4 pulley with LT's and 2.5" exhaust making 8.5-9.0
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
A, 11 psi boost is too much for pump gas, 8-9 PSI on 93 octane is all we feel comfortable with.
B, 3.2 pulley will eat your belt too much slippage.
C, Too Little timing will destroy exhaust valves due to High EGT.
D, Your Fuel system is only good to about 8-9 PSI boost.
E, Your Dancing on a Landmine.

Put a 3.6 pulley on until you address some of the above.

Ted.

Quote:
I just recently bought some ARH long tube headers and had them installed by the shop that did my Maggie install and tuning. They tuned it and it runs great, but I'm just wondering if the pulley is too small resulting in too much boost? The pulley is a 3.2 and so far I've seen 11psi on my gauge. From everything that I know and have read, this seems pretty high. They told me after they tuned it that they weren't able to get much timing out. I think 6 degrees and that's it.

The car runs and sounds great, but I am just curious if I'm asking for trouble here? I recently installed an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge and one of the parameters I have set is "Knock Retard". I noticed today when I put my foot in it, not even all the way, that it starts showing that it's retarding the timing. Is that normal? I know nothing about actual tuning and how the computer works that way so pardon my ignorance if this is something normal. I'm just wondering if I would get more reliability and possibly better performance by going to a 3.4 pulley and getting more timing out of it during tuning?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. The shop I used is incredibly reputable and I feel confident he wouldn't do something that would be detrimental to my engine, but I'd just like to get some feedback from those that have similar set ups and experience.

Thanks!
-Chris
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote