Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #113
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
It reminds me of the godfather. do not ask me why, i do not know
Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #114
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
ok so....something to note... these images arent production images. if they are they are using a very bad camera.

i have a strong feeling that these images are not quite what we think they are (retouched). everytime I try to get a copy of the bodyshell to change the color it comes off with a blue hue around it (aura). now usually you only get an aura from a photo that was taken from a different background and applied to another picture...interestingly enough these pics have NO blue in them whatsoever...so where is the blue coming from (the cars are also white - if they were black i would understand as the black paint has a blue base to get the most depth from it). white uses simply white paint - no base to get a rich color.

so where is this blue "aura" coming from...

(well its kinda faint in that pic...but trust me its there)

the "track" that the car is on also has no blue in it. now i do know that in low light, digital cameras suffer from pixelization - however this is usually a gaussian effect with multi-colored pixels, not a simple blue glow. i will attach a screen shot on here so you guys can see what im talking about...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #115
WCFB-Russ

Black Front

I know what you are going to say..."That's not black! It's gray!!!".

The truth is that there are a lot of clouds in the sky - and when you reflect white clouds in a black car it turns it gray. So - this is EXACTLY what the car would look like if it was painted black in the pic...

on to the next one.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #116
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The SOM chop is really nice. Almost hugger orange at the same time. I like the triple black. If only we could tint our front windows in CA, =/.

For the blur, I'd copy the layer before blurring and cut out the camaro shape. Then feather the edges and place it over the blur. That way the front end isn't blurred out and it stands out slightly more. Other than that, great chops.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #117
WCFB-Russ

Front Shot - Bumblebee

(freakin oversaturated shot...they could have taken the pic in better weather...)
Old 02-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #118
WCFB-Russ

alright...so my "l33t skilz" are failing me here. If anyone can do a better pic than this one then they have my respect. This is the best I can do for the black front shot (ugh..noticing all the little defects in this one):

Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #119
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
alright...so my "l33t skilz" are failing me here. If anyone can do a better pic than this one then they have my respect. This is the best I can do for the black front shot (ugh..noticing all the little defects in this one):

This sounds like a challenge to our resident chop master. Oh Dragoneye . . .

You two need to work out an agreement to keep the lines short in the p/s thread
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #120
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I did some chops already!!! Here's a repost of what I did:

The aura around the edges of the car...I saw them, too - when I was chopping. I attributed them to that dull-cloudy-day light deflecting off of the white paint.

If you separate the body onto it's own layer, try using the saturation element to completely grayscale both the new body layer, and the edges of the background layer.(lasso tool)
That seemed to work for me, as most everything PS has to touch is black and white.

And black34v6, Ramero15; Pretty darn Nice chopping!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #121
Ramero15

Drives: 65 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The SOM chop is really nice. Almost hugger orange at the same time. I like the triple black. If only we could tint our front windows in CA, =/.

For the blur, I'd copy the layer before blurring and cut out the camaro shape. Then feather the edges and place it over the blur. That way the front end isn't blurred out and it stands out slightly more. Other than that, great chops.
thanks! yeah i dont have photoshop or any major image editor. I just used paint and picasa, but I still think it turned out nice.

oh and thank you dragoneye! Ive been watching your photoshop thread for the past 2 months, you do excellent work! keep it up!

Last edited by Ramero15; 02-06-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Ramero15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #122
WCFB-Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I did some chops already!!! The aura around the edges of the car...I saw them, too - when I was chopping. I attributed them to that dull-cloudy-day light deflecting off of the white paint.

If you separate the body onto it's own layer, try using the saturation element to completely grayscale both the new body layer, and the edges of the background layer.(lasso tool)
That seemed to work for me, as most everything PS has to touch is black and white.

And black34v6, Ramero15; Pretty darn Nice chopping!!!!

Thanks. been doing web design for a little under 9 years now. the chops i did were kind of quick/dirty - took me under 5 mins for each one...the actual seperation of the body into its own layer is what takes forever lol..anyway.. (magenetic lasso tool is my friend)

thanks for the tip - i was doing that, also trying to use the image->adjustment->variation trick that ive picked up on the web..it worked well for teh back pic (and btw that really is what the color would look like real paint job wise...white is always dull looking as is silver..black is a lot more rich) but when it came to the front, well the pic is oversaturated due to all the clouds and makes it hard to get any kind of reflection out of the car.

I had the same problem when i took shots of my car in the mountains and ti was cloudy (check my sig, you'll notice my hood is practically white)

so i just tossed it up and said meh. i did all that while at work so i couldnt spend any real time on it. i'll try to redo them and get out some good chops with stripes and all the good stuff ppl wanted.

thanks again for the props
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #123
jims69camaro

Drives: 1969 camaro coupe; 1987 IROC z
basically, i am going to withhold judgment until i can sit in one and start negotiations on what it will take to pry one from my dealer's greedy little fingers. until then, i really can't put it into perspective. i can look at pictures all day long, but until i actually see one in person, then it's all been for naught.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #124
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
I think you did awesome, not every chop is perfect, but it gives us an idea to what we are wanting them to be, so thanks they are great