Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 07-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Subscription to a section no longer working

I am no longer receiving update emails for subscribed sections, both here and at Camaro6. This has been going on for a while, I've just been waiting to see if it was something that would correct on its own.

However, all subscribed thread notices are coming through without any trouble at all.

What's it going to take to get this forum feature working again? It's of particular interest to me for sections like 'Road Racing' (that my profile claims that I am subscribed to) and 'Suspension' (that I might add if the subscription starts working again).

Thanks.

Norm
Old 07-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
We have a known issue where site e-mails are only sent from about 1:30 am (eastern) until mid to late afternoon. This includes both private messages and subscription notices. Daily notices (for threads or subforums) are supposed to be sent at 1:00 or so, and therefore don't get through. Instant (for threads or PMs) can happen at any time, so if its in the morning you'll probably get it. In the evening, probably not.

Other members have made threads about it, but I'm not surprised you didn't find them. There are a bunch of issues that have the same root cause, and different threads have come up with very different titles.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409324
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435798

I hate to say it, but currently there is no fix. The best I can offer is what I've ended up doing. I have set all my subscriptions to 'weekly', for both individual threads and for subforums. The notices come in at about 1:30 am Sunday night (Monday morning). I also use the UserCP to check on my subscribed threads on a more frequent basis. I don't like it as much as how I used to be able to do things, but its the best I can think of for now.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Thanks for whatever was done, as I just started receiving notices from subscribed sections.

One odd thing, however - my subscriptions to Camaro5's and Camaro6's "Road Course" sections both come through from Camaro6, and at the same time (1:02AM). They aren't duplicate emails as I first thought when they showed up together in my inbox.

A similar but separate oddity is that the Camaro6 wiki button brings you to the Camaro5 wiki, with no 6th gen Camaro information to be found.

Norm