Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Black-Out

Drives: himself insane
Shift light position

I REALLY need to get a shift light! But I don't want to stick in the a pillar, or the vent, let alone in/on the dash.

So I was thinking stuffing it in beside the HUD (pointing up), or in the bulge in the hood.
Anyone else try either of those?
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Black-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
regardless of the type you get, or its actual mounting.....what you want to do is to mount it so that the light is in your peripheral vision, so as you are racing and looking straight ahead, your view is not blocked, but you can still see when the light comes on.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Black-Out

Right... Thats why I was thinking HUD. You've already got the tach etc In your view. Just add a bright light saying "shift stupid!!!".
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
HaubSS

Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Never really thought about it, but it's a great idea. And I think it would be fairly simple to install.
BMR Stage 3 suspension
MRR 288 - 20x10(+35), 20x11(+43)
HaubSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Black-Out

Should be. I've only had the car about 7 weeks now, so I haven't really torn into it that much. Anyone else pulled apart the HUD? Got pics?

What really got me going was on Sunday I ran some dude in a Mustang GT (ummmm, at a sanctioned event at a closed course! Yeah... that's it....) and hit the limiter at the top of 1st gear. Rather embarrassing normally to have your engine shut down between gears.... but luckily for me I was so far ahead of him he probably couldn't hear it.