Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
If history is any indication (look at the name or more simply badge changes of the 3rd Gens), the "SS" will simply become a "Z/28".

Having said that, as they currently appear to be keeping with tradition, if it returns, expect it to be a package option and faithful to it's origins (ie: 60's models). And most people won't be happy...as they want the "badge" and not the original intention of the package.
there were no SS's in the second and third gens. . .SS returned in the 4th gens. and they were called Z28/SS for the first few years.

and I want to disagree about just wanting the badge. most people in the Z28 section here want the car to perform as it should. They want a car that harkens back to the original.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
because I for one. . don't care for the second gens. lol. I don't even like the 3rd gens. and I also believe that's where they started losing people. There was a 1st gen Z28 and has always been a Z28. this is the only generation with out a Z28. That's why there needs to be a 5th gen Z28.

I know you didn't, but you did put the supercharger on there. lol. it's just my opinion. like it or leave it. All Z28's should be Naturally Aspirated... just my opinion. would love a 5th gen with a gen V v-8 pushing 500 horses and FE6 suspension, and option to add a roll cage and remove the back seat.
Well at least it looks like I got the Z28 thread moving along again...LOL

To each his own....I will leave the rest up to the Pro's at GM. Just thought I would through some new thoughts into the mix. Never said everyone would agree.

As always i respect everyones opinion and not here to debate...The floor is yours ....

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Well at least it looks like I got the Z28 thread moving along again...LOL

To each his own....I will leave the rest up to the Pro's at GM. Just thought I would through some new thoughts into the mix. Never said everyone would agree.

As always i respect everyones opinion and not here to debate...The floor is yours ....
oh at least you've got an opinion. if everyone agreed then the forum would be a boring place. and lets say the 6 th gen is based off the second. I hope not, but it's possible. Then you get your idea out there and maybe some other people agree. the car is going to be made to sale. and whomever has a greater backing will probably get a car more like they want. so keep talking.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
First Gen wasn't Either...Just said it was my version of a pro to type. Why not Move it along and make the next Z28 a second Gen Version. JMHO

I would have changed it up some to update some body lines but my tooling capacities are limited. Only can do so much....

Just a thought. Like it or leave it.

Gotta start somewhere. Already have to many versions of the 5 gen's what more can you do ?
Awesome Z28. I for one like the 2nd Gens. That looks like a fun car. But you really have the prototype of the current ZL1.

But wait the new ZL1 is not like the original it has FI. And it is a small block. So the ZL1-ness of the current car is a bit thin. So how do we reconcile?

Like all corporations GM worries about the current quarter and maybe the next but gives little thought to the long term future. So any label on a car is theirs to tarnish.

What really makes me excited is that Hot Rod video about the Chevy Skunkworks. Real motor heads are working hard at GM to give us cars that we not only can drool over, but actually buy.

The Z28 will re-appear at some point. And it will be good. It is a great time to be a muscle car nut. Even better than the good old days.

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-22-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Awesome Z28. I for one like the 2nd Gens. That looks like a fun car. But you really have the prototype of the current ZL1.

But wait the new ZL1 is not like the original it has FI. And it is a small block. So the ZL1-ness of the current car is a bit thin. So how dow we reconcile?

Like all corporations GM worries about the current quarter and maybe the next but gives little thought to the long term future. So any label on a car is theirs to tarnish.

What really makes me excited is that Hot Rod video about the Chevy Skunkworks. Real motor heads are working hard at GM to give us cars that we not only can drool over, but actually buy.

The Z28 will re-appear at some point. And it will be good. It is a great time to be a muscle car nut. Even better than the good old days.
+1 other then liking the second gen. lol.

order of my fav generations

1st
4th (mainly 98-02 and due to performance over all).
3rd
2nd

But my dad is right there with you all on the 2nd gen. he owned one and that's what I came home in from the hospital. so you could say I have camaro in my blood.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

But wait the new ZL1 is not like the original it has FI. And it is a small block. So the ZL1-ness of the current car is a bit thin. So how dow we reconcile?

The ZL1 holds true to the original in that it is the top o the line and most powerful Camaro.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
As sad as it is...I think you are right. Just day Dreaming.

Ater all, even the second gens version of a Z28 were just adding Z28 Decals and that was just about it. Maybe some extra gauges instead of dummy lights. maybe a lower rear gear ratio option to make the numbers look better but mainly just PR stuff.

The heritage of the first 608 might be lost forever....lets hope not.
I would assume you are talking about the heritage of the '67 model year production which was actually 602. IMO the heritage continued throught the 7,199 built in '68 and the 20,302 built in '69, there were continual minor modifications/upgrades made through those three years and the '69 version had the best version of the engine, the DZ302. Who knows where the GM designers will go with the next generation, I have heard absolutely nothing that even comes close to a hint.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #22
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I don't think GM really knows.

Bottom line; you don't mess with success. If GM wants continued success they had better evolve the current 5Gen into the 6Gen.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #23
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The ZL1 holds true to the original in that it is the top o the line and most powerful Camaro.
True that.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
True that.
I like your stripes, any more pics?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #25
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I like your stripes, any more pics?
Sure. I left them for you over in the big house on the coffee table.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=9096

Things can get lost over there.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I missed them.
They look great, Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Sure. I left them for you over in the big house on the coffee table.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=9096

Things can get lost over there.

Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #28
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I wasn't saying there were SS's in other Gens. My point was that Chevy has had a history of just slapping the badge on an upgraded model. Through the 3rd gen run, the Z/28, IROC, and RS were basically the same car (depending on the year).
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
where's our z/28??