Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
toast
Toast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stock Dyno Numbers

I got my Camaro October 12th ... it is a 2SS/RS M6 ... She had 24 miles on her and I broke her in right. Some good aggressive acceleration runs at temperature ... let her cool down, rinse and repeat. Once or twice, here and there, light up the rear tires ... have fun. I avoided steady drives on the highway ... never used the cruise control, and never down shifted or let the engine slow the car. Then 782 miles later I changed the oil and drove it normal, prowl, never bog and pounce once in a while. (I freakin' love this car ... coolest thing since my beat-to-hell 1969 Road Runner 383.) Well, once I did finally start to use the cruise control I discovered how much I love the Camaro "dial-a-speed" ... it is very cool, right up there with the back up sentry alarm.

Well all the creature comforts with this car ... the MP3 player/XM Boston Acoustic Sound ... blue tooth connectivity ... back-up sensors ... fancy glowing door lights ... On-Star Navigation ... wheel appointed controls ... etc ... this car is loaded, all very cool stuff, however, for me ... it is about owning a well thought out American Muscle Car ... THIS, my comrades, is a Classic Factory Hot Rod. In every sense of the word. They did (almost) everything right (a short throw shifter would have been great).
This LS3 powerplant is special. Of course, I want to make it MORE special. My goal is a sensible and streetable 600 ponies to the ground. I don’t plan to get very intrusive. I think I can get 600 with;
-A slight bit more cam
-CAI
-Highly aggressive headers and pipes
- Low torquing twin screw or roots supercharger ...Probably Maggie or Whipple (if they can get it together before I am ready to do this)

I believe this can be accomplished with stock heads and stock fuel system. (what a great car)
First thing was to get a baseline … A couple pulls on the dyno … totally stock … 93 Octane Texas Tea from Valero …
The whole point of this posting to begin with was to share with you some numbers from a completely stock broken in 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with 1850 miles on it and, as I said, 93 Octane pump gas …
The numbers are;
- 392.3 rwhp/402.6 ft/lbs – Actual
- 380.4 rwhp/390.4 ft/lbs – SAE
- 391.2 rwhp/401.4 ft/lbs. - STD
Another interesting thing I observed was … the dyno was done in 4th gear and at RED LINE the rollers were being spun at 160 MPH … I thought the car was chipped at 155 …(I wonder if I will ever drive it 160?)

Here are the graphs;

I hope these numbers are of interest to someone ... I am excited by these numbers ... couldn't wait to share them with you.

This car is ready and waiting for mods ... What a great specimen ...
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Nice numbers. I've seen 560rwhp with Maggie, full exhaust, CAI, and tune. So only 40 to go A nice cam will get you there.
TVS2300 Supercharger w/Maggie Max Stage 2, 3.6 Pulley, Innovators West 8 rib conversion, OD rear Cog belt drive.
Jannetty Racing Rough Idle Cam, LS3 Conversion.
Jannetty Racing built 6l80e Trans, Jannetty Racing Custom Converter, Built rear diff w/ 3.45 gears, DSS driveshaft and 1400 hp axles.
ADM Twin Pump Fuel System, ADM CAI, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Borla "S" Catback.
Custom 18" Forgestar F14's, Nitto 305/45-18 DR's
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #3
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Awesome info, thank you for posting!