Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Which orange color would you rather be able to order on the Camaro.
Hugger Orange 98 61.25%
Inferno Orange Mettalic 44 27.50%
I like them both exactly the same 18 11.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #57
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
I sent him a PM, and here is his reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
Hello fbodfather,

Thanks for all of the info you provide. I am dying to know what the color on the cutaway Camaro is called. Do you happen to know? That is the orange that we were all envisioning on our Camaro's and I will do anything to get that color. If there is no possibility of Chevy adding that bright orange color to their lineup I will have mine painted that color, but it has already been stated by a few that we will gladly pay extra for that color if we need to. Thanks in advance.

Inferno Orange Metallic - -the color we're offering!
Thank you god, thank you Scott and thank you GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #58
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I hope this shows that there is an interest in Hugger Orange or anything that looks like hugger orange. Hugger orange is not bland, flat or boring and is preferred by enthusiasts on this forum almost 2:1 over Inferno Orange Metallic. I hope GM is listening and I thank you all for voting. I do hope that IOM is being re-done and will be the orange we see in the cut-aways and not what we see in the current solstice.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #59
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I hope this shows that there is an interest in Hugger Orange or anything that looks like hugger orange. Hugger orange is not bland, flat or boring and is preferred by enthusiasts on this forum almost 2:1 over Inferno Orange Metallic. I hope GM is listening and I thank you all for voting. I do hope that IOM is being re-done and will be the orange we see in the cut-aways and not what we see in the current solstice.
If that is what makes it to production, I change my vote to IOM
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #60
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well.............ok................

There are a total of 4 -- (soon to be 5) Show cars --

Silver SS (at Indy)

Black SS (now silver -- at NBC Studios)

Yellow RS (at Indy)

Red RS (at Indy)

.........and we brought an IVER so that people could sit in it -- and also look at what may be an iconic vehicle from the past year.

Believe me -- we wish we could have had a Camaro in every color -- but to do that would have meant moving the event to November -- do you think people would have wanted to bring their Camaros and Firebirds and Corvettes out in November (meaning those who live north of the mason/dixon?????)

What we DID do was to ensure that we had a new GM car on display to represent each of the 10 colors --

White G8
Orange Solstice
Cyber Gray ZR1
Red Z06
Imperial Blue Cobalt SS
Red Jewel Malibu LTZ
Aqua Blue HHR
Black Equinox Sport
Silver Traverse
Yellow RS -- and they were all in the courtyard in a row............

Moreover, we had 14 cars for everyone to drive - from Cobalt Turbo SS and Corvette to G8 V8 and CTS -- not to mention Tahoe Hybrid and Silverado
Duramax and Solstice.................

I do believe most people were glad they'd made the trip.........

............and then there was the opportunity to talk to engineers and designers........
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...72&postcount=9
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote