Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #197
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Sure, I'd love to do that too.

But from a realistic standpoint, rehashing the way GM sells cars into a "direct order" sort of thing would mean a couple thousand angry dealers breaking down the doors of the Ren. Center and holding everyone inside hostage.
If you ran a big company and 70% of your workforce was completely screwing up, goofing off, wasting time and money, and making the company look like a horse's rump.... you honesly would not fire them because you're worried about making them angry??!?!?!?!???!?!?!!??!?!??!?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #198
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
If you ran a big company and 70% of your workforce was completely screwing up, goofing off, wasting time and money, and making the company look like a horse's rump.... you honesly would not fire them because you're worried about making them angry??!?!?!?!???!?!?!!??!?!??!?
It really isn't that simple. Remember when GM shut down Oldsmobile a few years back? Last I heard, they're still having problems (lawsuits and such) with disgruntled dealers. You can't just go up to a dealer and say, "You suck at your jobs, we're shutting you down."
Old 01-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #199
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Ah hell....I needed some extra time to get my garage cleaned out for the new car anyhow....

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #200
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
I hate the unknown as well, I can only hope it will not be delayed further...I really really want my 2ss when I get home...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #201
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Pete: I was just wondering about the stripes cause they got brought up in the IDL apparently, and since I don't get to see the video, I was wondering what it meant. I am in no way COPO. I won't be cancelling my order because i can't get long stripes, I'll just go to my local decal shop. But I would definately get factory ones if I had to pay more.
And since for a few seconds, the fbod himself was here to answer questions, I thought I would pose it and eliminate 20 something pages of useless arguements and rumors.
I don't think any of us know for sure, but I'd bet they mean "install more colors at the factory" where the installers should be better trained and more capable of doing it error free. They're not going to be ramped up to produce and learn to install (SS) longer ones in 30 days...IMO. Gotta admit though, I hope I'm wrong!!!

And another good question I saw was: ALL V8s, manual and auto, to get 3:45 rear gears??? Don't know who to ask but Scotty?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #202
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
So all our orders will be filled by September? Can anyone answer this please, the longest ill wait till is the end of August.
Will the orders be filled by end of August or end of September? Or Filled later?
Someone please clear this up for me, this is a make or break deal right now.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #203
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
So all our orders will be filled by September? Can anyone answer this please, the longest ill wait till is the end of August.
Will the orders be filled by end of August or end of September? Or Filled later?
Someone please clear this up for me, this is a make or break deal right now.
They said yesterday (as far as I'm concerned) that ALL current pre-orders would be delivered by the end of October. That doesn't mean someone going in Monday and ordering will get theirs by the end of October. CURRENT. Before I can make an educated guess on when I think yours would be delivered I have to know your dealer's allocation, where you are in line, and what you ordered. JUST MY GUESS.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #204
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
SOME of you guys kill me. GM should go bankrupt so they can go around franchise laws so that YOU can get your car????? How about the guy at that other dealer that has his heart set on the car going to that dealer????? Holy cow!!!!!!

I would ask that you all go look at the history of the new 370Z. When did you know it was coming? Who at Nissan gave you any dates? My recollection was it showed up in the spy photos about 6 months ago WITH camo AND NO COMMENTS from ZBODFATHER. Oh yeah, that's right. There is no insider called ZBODFATHER. And now the most recent issues of the car mags have full reviews, it will be at the NAIAS and oh yes you can go buy one now. No build up, no inclusion of the enthusiasts. I worked at Nissan for a bit. They and the other Japanese OEMs would never do what you guys have been allowed to see and hear about for the past few years of Camaro development.

Your enthusiasm and passion are your own worst enemy here. GM has included you in many key steps of Camaro development, maybe more than any car in history. And when a date is missed by a few weeks SOME of you guys go off on rants against GM, it's dealers and leadership.

Puh leeeeze.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #205
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
SOME of you guys kill me. GM should go bankrupt so they can go around franchise laws so that YOU can get your car????? How about the guy at that other dealer that has his heart set on the car going to that dealer????? Holy cow!!!!!!

I would ask that you all go look at the history of the new 370Z. When did you know it was coming? Who at Nissan gave you any dates? My recollection was it showed up in the spy photos about 6 months ago WOTH camo AND NO COMMENTS from ZBODFATHER. Oh yeah, that's right. There is no insider called ZBODFATHER. And now the most recent issues of the car mags have full reviews, it will be at the NAIAS and oh yes you can go buy one now. No build up, no inclusion of the enthusiasts. I worked at Nissan for a bit. They and the other Japanese OEMs would never do what you guys have been allowed to see and hear about for the past few years of Camaro development.

Your enthusiasm and passion are your own worst enemy here. GM has included you in many key steps of Camaro development, maybe more than any car in history. And when a date is missed by a few weeks SOME of you guys go off on rants against GM, it's dealers and leadership.

Puh leeeeze.
Uh oh, now we'll get into the comments that GM some how owes them something good job number 3, but sometimes stating the right thing and the obvious just gets people riled up even more.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #206
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
They said yesterday (as far as I'm concerned) that ALL current pre-orders would be delivered by the end of October. That doesn't mean someone going in Monday and ordering will get theirs by the end of October. CURRENT. Before I can make an educated guess on when I think yours would be delivered I have to know your dealer's allocation, where you are in line, and what you ordered. JUST MY GUESS.
I ordered a IOM 2LT/RS with IOM trim, by dealer is allocated 6, i was first to order but there were two people in front of me from before with a deposit. So technically im number 3, my dealer iinformed me that v6-v8 and trim levels will all factor in as to who gets their cars first. So he said dont worry about who ordered first because it doesnt matter. Now where im worried is that he hasnt placed the orders in, he stated that once GM starts taking orders, thats when theyll press enter and all their orders will go in to the system (im really worried about that).
Old 01-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #207
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

I would ask that you all go look at the history of the new 370Z. When did you know it was coming? Who at Nissan gave you any dates? My recollection was it showed up in the spy photos about 6 months ago WOTH camo AND NO COMMENTS from ZBODFATHER. Oh yeah, that's right. There is no insider called ZBODFATHER. And now the most recent issues of the car mags have full reviews, it will be at the NAIAS and oh yes you can go buy one now. No build up, no inclusion of the enthusiasts. I worked at Nissan for a bit. They and the other Japanese OEMs would never do what you guys have been allowed to see and hear about for the past few years of Camaro development.

Puh leeeeze.

Seriously guys, we're lucky GM involved the enthusiasts in building this car. That's something I've never seen any other manufacturer do. GM didn't HAVE to release information ahead of time. GM didn't HAVE to tell you how much your Camaros would cost MONTHS ahead of time. Scott doesn't HAVE to come on this site to post the latest Camaro news and clear up any confusion.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the way that some select people on this site have chosen to address Scott and GM. But I'm getting a VERY ungrateful vibe from here ever since this news came out. This is the exact reason why automakers like to keep information under wraps, so that people don't misinterpret information and freak out. Even though Scott's already cleared up a lot of the misinformation, even though the moderators have already tried corrected the thinking of a lot of people, there are still those who stubbornly refuse to believe them and decide to bash Scott and GM.

If anybody here wants to see even a thumbnail of a spy photo of the 6th gen. Camaro, I'd suggest lightening up.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #208
TJ91

Quote:

Puh leeeeze.
Hey Number 3, you have been a great help on this site, but i think what most people are really pissed off about is not the delay, but the time as to when everyone will get their cars. Most people were told that ordering your car bumped yours to the start of production. So everyone was hoping to take delivery in the Summer including myself. Now Recieving a car in November can be very very incovienent. I am happy that they have delayed to get things straight, but i would have loved it for everyone to have their cars by atleast ending August. With that being said, no one has answered my question yet, so if you have the answer please tell. Do Canadian orders get pushed to the back of the line?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:05 PM   #209
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I ordered a IOM 2LT/RS with IOM trim, by dealer is allocated 6, i was first to order but there were two people in front of me from before with a deposit. So technically im number 3, my dealer iinformed me that v6-v8 and trim levels will all factor in as to who gets their cars first. So he said dont worry about who ordered first because it doesnt matter. Now where im worried is that he hasnt placed the orders in, he stated that once GM starts taking orders, thats when theyll press enter and all their orders will go in to the system (im really worried about that).
So you're saying it was never entered into OrderWORKBENCH? You don't have a 6-digit confirmation number? If that's the case I'd be worried (and pissed).
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #210
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Everyone that is upset about the 30 day delay and the fact V-6's are rolling out earlier you all need to chill out and carefully read fbodfathers opening thread again. You sound like a bunch of whining crybabies.

chill out, the car will be well worth the wait !

I would rather wait for Chevrolet to iron out all of the details than put out a car with issues. Again the car will be well worth waiting for. Relax !

Thanks fbodfather for your time and information.
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote