Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
UD2012

Drives: 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Why Waste Your Time

Iv been reading threads on this site for almost a year now and i just think its ridiculous when i see arguments and bashing on the Camaro coming from people who are in favor of competitor cars (ford and dodge), why do they even bother joining a site that is supposed to celebrate the 5th gen. why are you wasting your time here this is a site made for people who love Camaro, if you dont im sure there's forums in favor of your ride, just my 2 cents
UD2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I can't wait to see them at the track in my rearview mirror.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
Vizon
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Because I like the Camaro and Cadillacs as well.
Vizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UD2012 View Post
Iv been reading threads on this site for almost a year now and i just think its ridiculous when i see arguments and bashing on the Camaro coming from people who are in favor of competitor cars (ford and dodge), why do they even bother joining a site that is supposed to celebrate the 5th gen. why are you wasting your time here this is a site made for people who love Camaro, if you dont im sure there's forums in favor of your ride, just my 2 cents
Just so you know, us Ford and Dodge guys (Ford guy here in case you couldn't notice) aren't bashing the Camaro. On the contrary, my dad and I ordered a 2SS/RS and can't wait for it to get here. Basically, we're just here to provide a balanced view of all muscle cars. Honestly, who wants to be on a forum that just blindly spews hatred of a competitor's car? That's why I'm not on a lot of Mustang forums; all you see is, "THE NEW CAMARO SUCKS, MY STOCK GT WILL RUN OVER THAT TURD BLA BLA BLA!" It's counter-productive. I'm just here to make sure the Mustang isn't getting an unfair rep. Hell, I'll even be the first to talk about its flaws and faults and what can be improved. So before you make another generalization, do some more research.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Vizon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I can't wait to see them at the track in my rearview mirror.
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1161
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
Vizon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Just so you know, us Ford and Dodge guys (Ford guy here in case you couldn't notice) aren't bashing the Camaro. On the contrary, my dad and I ordered a 2SS/RS and can't wait for it to get here. Basically, we're just here to provide a balanced view of all muscle cars. Honestly, who wants to be on a forum that just blindly spews hatred of a competitor's car? That's why I'm not on a lot of Mustang forums; all you see is, "THE NEW CAMARO SUCKS, MY STOCK GT WILL RUN OVER THAT TURD BLA BLA BLA!" It's counter-productive. I'm just here to make sure the Mustang isn't getting an unfair rep. Hell, I'll even be the first to talk about its flaws and faults and what can be improved. So before you make another generalization, do some more research.
Exactly. It's turning radius sucks.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
Exactly. It's turning radius sucks.
Yep, and the 2010's styling is atrocious...my 8 year old brother could have done better with a box of crayons. The handling is better than I expected, however.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
UD2012

I was in no way making a generalization and like i said iv been watching this site for a little over a year know so i have been around enough to know what im talking about, im not a member of a mustang site or challenger site, even though i think both cars in their own way are badass, talking about how i dont like their interior or how unoriginal the new model is or how the interior is no different from a 300, iv seen many posts on this site coming from competition car owners about how the interior is "hideous" or the outside "boxy" i just think that its a waste of time to join a camaro website if your gonna say negative things about it to anger the people that truly love it, everyone deserves their opinion but it should be more respectful and not in an attempt to bash another car especially when its a fellow american, im not trying to start any arguments cuz lets be honest they go nowhere on the internet, and to be honest i am a little perturbed it got moved to the off topic discussion section with topics like "what are you doing for mothers day"
Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
livestrong11

Drives: Black 2009 Z06
man speaking of mustangs some dude in a GT got his ass handed to him today by me. I cant even imagine he was serious when he pulled up to me but he gave me the lets go point straight ahead so i smoked him......
Attached Images

livestrong11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
UD2012

hell yea that ZO6 is SICK!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
livestrong11

Drives: Black 2009 Z06
i have had some nice rides but this Z06 is a BEAST!!!
livestrong11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by livestrong11 View Post
i have had some nice rides but this Z06 is a BEAST!!!
yea the z06 is amazing
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #13
PewterPhil

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post

I know there is a giant divide between GM and Ford but I choose to ignore it.

If I had enough money to own three or four newer muscle cars, I know for sure one of them would be a Mustang. I have no problem with Mustangs and I'm even a little envious of some of them that I see driving down the street. Some of them are looking strong these days.

Chevy will always be my fav but I'll drive anything that's fast.

Anyone see the West Coast Customs/Shelby Mustang on Street Customs. Who wouldn't want that car. Please.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 3/28/2009
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 5/9/2009
3400 = Broadcast:5/13/2009
3800 = Produced: 5/22/2009
4150 = Invoiced: 5/25/2009
4200 = Shipped: 5/25/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 6/9/2009

Ordered: Victory red, black stripes, RS/SS auto, sunroof, painted engine cover.
PewterPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #14
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterPhil View Post
I know there is a giant divide between GM and Ford but I choose to ignore it.

If I had enough money to own three or four newer muscle cars, I know for sure one of them would be a Mustang. I have no problem with Mustangs and I'm even a little envious of some of them that I see driving down the street. Some of them are looking strong these days.

Chevy will always be my fav but I'll drive anything that's fast.

Anyone see the West Coast Customs/Shelby Mustang on Street Customs. Who wouldn't want that car. Please.
Agreed, and had the Camaro not come out I too would probably own a Mustang, but it is a little hard to get through some of the post where the host car gets bashed. All 3 Muscle cars are cool, but outside of factual comparisons, personal opinions of the other 2 cars should be kept less in your face and to a minimum. Just my 2 cents.