Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
SCT Tuner issues

Has anyone had any issues with the tuner not "staying connected"? when i plug it in to the computer with the A/B cable it beeps and installs it and then beeps again and its gone. almost as if someone is messing with cable and puliing it in and out. if I have livelink on and its connected to the car also it stays connected but the updater software wont recognize and connect it if its on its own. any suggestions?

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
I have Windows 7...plug the SCT in first (wait for the auto connect)...then open the software. For some reason if the software is open it will connect and then disconnect.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
dukefanok

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
SCT software is terrible. I followed the instructions to the T and couldn't connect to the device. After 45 minutes on the phone, and an hour with them remoted in to my computer I could connect to the device. I still can't see all the buttons on the screen of my PC though. If you are having issues email them and have them remote in to your computer to fix it, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME BY CALLING. Really expected a more useable interface then they have. Hopefully they develop somthing new and better.

Last edited by dukefanok; 03-16-2011 at 01:42 PM.
dukefanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
so I went to best buy and I bought a Dynex A/B cable from the computer area and it works fine now. I think my A/B cable may have not been 2.0 or maybe not for computers. Of course now trying to load the new tunes it's telling me that its not the device and to use a UK device...WTF

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote