Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Well if someone on the highway driving at 4am has same frequency as me what are the odds? My light was fine for long time now all of a sudden it goes on. As far as a kill switch I'm electronically illiterate
Lol
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Well if someone on the highway driving at 4am has same frequency as me what are the odds? My light was fine for long time now all of a sudden it goes on. As far as a kill switch I'm electronically illiterate
Lol
Ah well driving yes...lol That would take a skilled person to be able to change your lights. I thought we meant while parked and whatnot.

You might have a bad ground brotha. If that's the base, absolutely it will bounce on and off.

Double check that black wire and it's connection. All it takes is just a disruption in grounding and that'll be it. It'll surge power to the device and on/off/on/off all day or as long as that condition exists.

Lemme know if we need to help ya warranty it out if that doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
Haole
2017 SS

Much Mahalo Ivan, I'm going to re connect evrrything and check it again. One other thing I noticed on my scanner. The drivers side part of it has turned I light yellowish color. The outside plastic part not the individual lights. happen to anyone else ?

Last edited by Haole; 12-11-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
68dreams

Drives: 2016 2SS Black M6
I had issues with 3 aac scanners "not bashing" ended up buying a cheaper scanner of ebay for lie 39 bucks multi color. It went in way better and I haven't had any issues. One thing I was wondering where did you ground your wire? it might be tight but grounded to a bad source?
68dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #20
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Mine does the same. I need to wire it to a switch.

Blake

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
Gator6977

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
The loose connection is probably a soldered wire on the actual scanner. Mine did the exact same thing. I walked out to mine at the court house when getting my tags and saw mine on the red/blue setting. Loose ground, but I then ran a switch on the 12v wire to better control it.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
Haole
2017 SS

I have the power going to the screw and bolt inside the fuse box, the ground is on under a screw on the side. I had the UK scanner wired the same way with no problems. Other then where i spliced thr side back together (where I cut them to pass through the slot) I have no ides as to why it turns on by itself. Also like I stated in my above post ybe drivers side part of the outside plastic had turned a slight yellowish color. I'm going to check everything again, if it continues turn turn on on its own I guess I will chalk it up as a loss and remove it.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I have the power going to the screw and bolt inside the fuse box, the ground is on under a screw on the side. I had the UK scanner wired the same way with no problems. Other then where i spliced thr side back together (where I cut them to pass through the slot) I have no ides as to why it turns on by itself. Also like I stated in my above post ybe drivers side part of the outside plastic had turned a slight yellowish color. I'm going to check everything again, if it continues turn turn on on its own I guess I will chalk it up as a loss and remove it.
It's under warranty so you can get a free replacement....keep that in mind!

We need ya happy and will take care of ya sir.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #24
Haole
2017 SS

Just dent you a pm Ivan
Old 12-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
Haole
2017 SS

Okay so I have a silly question. My battery in my remote for my color shift halo's died, so I took out the one in my scanner control (same type cr2025). I noticed it was working like my scanner light when it wants. So if the battery in my scanner was low could that have been the issue with my ligbt turning on when it wants? Maybe somehow when it turned off my light the remote was screwing up due to tbe low battery?
I know this is a stretch but just asking.