Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #673
cbass

Drives: .
I'm curious about the electric power steering. Is this the same steering that was recalled in cobalts?
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #674
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Maybe they will offer a hood blackout delete option similar to the stripe delete on the anniversary edition.
Great idea!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #675
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Hmmm. To me that looks steep, but let me try to see what you get for your money.

I can't find anything about the M10, but it looks like the MM6 comes directly from the vette and is used on the 7L 505hp Z06. Does that mean it is beefed up compared to the M10? Sounds hopeful. From what I can find the ZL1 uses the MG9 of the TR6060. The extra cooling is nice. I wonder if the clutch is the same?

Some of this might be good. Here is some info from Hot Rod on what breaks in high performance usage when it comes to suspension.

The Transmission cooling seems like a good idea as well:

The brembo brake package on the mustang is just $1700 more. If this source is correct you also get suspension improvements with it:

The track pack is $2500 which includes the brembo brake package and adds engine cooler, upgraded radiator, better brake pads, and the torsen differential from the Boss 302. It comes with a 3.73 final drive ratio over the stock 3.31 for gearing changes.

That's all for $2500 more. I would think the track pack brings the GT pretty damn close to a Boss 302 in the handling department. The boss still had extra horsepower.

So ya.....$6-8K as I see it is pretty steep unless I am missing something. No matter. I still have high hopes for the 1LE. I am glad to see GM working on improving the handling.

I'm guessing the 1LE package will add an extra $3,500. - 4,500. As was stated the major cost appears to be in the Tire/Wheel upgrade.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #676
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I'm curious about the electric power steering. Is this the same steering that was recalled in cobalts?
It's the electric power steering out of the ZL1.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #677
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Just noticed something cool. If you take the 1LE and SS and combine them, you have 1LESS. Which means 1 Less as in 1 lb less than 3850. 3849 lbs.
I'm impressed at the weight compared to the SS for how it appears to handle, great job GM!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #678
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
1LE package looks fantastic... but... I can't help but think that the chances are of actually getting a deal on one are micro-slim.

I mean $39k is already a good bump in MSRP for the 1LE content, but throw on the inevitable $5k dealer markup, and at that price, the 1LE is about *$12,000+* more than what you can get a 1SS out the door for... I don't know -- pretty sure I could NOT justify the price premium at that point.

I hope I'm wrong, but history is clearly on the side of dealers going for the gouging markups on cars like this. I would hate to think the 'new' 1LE is just another high-priced special for those with deep pockets.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #679
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
1LE package looks fantastic... but... I can't help but think that the chances are of actually getting a deal on one are micro-slim.

I mean $39k is already a good bump in MSRP for the 1LE content, but throw on the inevitable $5k dealer markup, and at that price, the 1LE is about *$12,000+* more than what you can get a 1SS out the door for... I don't know -- pretty sure I could NOT justify the price premium at that point.

I hope I'm wrong, but history is clearly on the side of dealers going for the gouging markups on cars like this. I would hate to think the 'new' 1LE is just another high-priced special for those with deep pockets.
Anyone that pays dealer markup does so because they don't like money. There are always options even when new models are released. There is no reason to overpay. Many ZL1s were ordered at msrp or below.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #680
gcope63

Drives: 2007 Corvette, 2004 Grand Prix GTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1028 View Post
Very pleased about the MyLink screen. This is something I thought should have at least been an option at roll-out, but I guess you have to save some tricks for the mid-cycle refresh.

I'm curious, though: For the vehicles not equipped with nav, will the rear backup cam still be integrated into the screen, or will it be integrated into the mirror as the 2012's?

I'm also curious whether some "fun" diagnostics will be incorporated into the screen, or can be incorporated (i.e., useless gauges like torque, HP, etc. )

I still think the HVAC controls could have received an "auto" mode update, especially now that there's a screen that probably can integrate a lot of vehicle functions.
I think it stated in the earlier posting that the backup camera would be on the 7" screen instead of the rear view mirror..

Gary
gcope63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #681
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

Probably less of a chance of this due to the fact its an option not a model.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #682
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:

I'm sure that there will a few dealers that will try to charge a "premium" for this car. That would be foolish because there will be many dealers selling these cars at, or below MSRP. I could be wrong, but I don't think you will see too many 1LE Camaros on dealer lots. The larger dealers might get 1 car for their showroom, but most dealers won't risk stocking a car like this. Most of these cars will be "made to order". If I end up ordering one of these cars, I will be paying less than MSRP.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #683
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
How can a dealer charge a premium for an option which is all the 1LE really is, it's an incredibly good track pack...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #684
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
How can a dealer charge a premium for an option which is all the 1LE really is, it's an incredibly good track pack...
That was going to be my question.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #685
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
That was going to be my question.
I'm going to bet that there will be a few knuckleheads who try. I walked into a Ford dealer last fall to see they up-charged a Boss LS. When I asked why (playing dumb) - sales manager told me it was because it had the LS package...

I think the 1LE option might have enough of a "wow factor" for a dealer or two to convince themselves they could earn an extra buck....sad as it is to say...
Old 04-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #686
Kent2010

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Easy. Dealers do it all the time -- just add their own little window sticker on any 1LE-equipped Camaro stating "Market Adjustment" or some other such nonsense. There is no law stating that they cannot add a premium to whichever car they want, based on whatever criteria they decide, no matter if that criteria is model, equipment or even color. "Whatever the market will bear"

Unfortunately, when there is high demand (as there certainly will be for the 1LE), *someone* will pay the extra. It doesn't matter if that "high demand" is real or simply perceived.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?