Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
For all y'all NEW owners

Y'all better get used to the "NICE RIDE!" and other comments, I mean DAILY..Blue and me have been together over 2 years now, and still, nearly EVERY SINGLE DAY, somebody makes a nice comment.

I used to just talk and talk about her, brag on her, tell 'em ALL about her, now I'm just down to 'thanks'..It's not that I don't WANT to brag and talk about her, it's just that it's so OFTEN and I get sorta 'burned out'...how about the rest of y'all?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
I've noticed the amount of attention these cars draw in short time I have owned mine. Twice I have exited businesses only to find people standing around the car looking at it.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Try owning a Transformer edition. Not only does it get the attention from being a Camaro, everyone wants to check out and take pictures with "Bumblebee". But I must admit, It is kinda fun being the center of attention.
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
tinnint1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Things could be worse I guess. I have the same problem with my tattoos, I cant go anywhere w/o someone stopping me wanting all my artists info. It does get annoying!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Coop 2010
Delivered 05/20/2009

Drives: Black 2010 2SS RS
I tinted mine the day after I got it. I used to come out of a store and you could see a nose print with two ( o ) around it from some one looking in the window with their hands cupped around their eyes so they could see in better. Made me laugh every time..
Coop 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYBMBLEBEE View Post
Try owning a Transformer edition. Not only does it get the attention from being a Camaro, everyone wants to check out and take pictures with "Bumblebee". But I must admit, It is kinda fun being the center of attention.
I second this statement. Some young dudes were rolling next to me in a decked out 300M. The dark tinted window on the passenger door rolled down and the kid started taking phone-video of the car as we're rolling. I giggled a little.

The best was a father and his little girl. They were standing in front of my car and she was asking her dad why he (the car) wouldn't wake up. Priceless.

All this within three weeks of ownership. Me 'n' Ms. Camaro are gonna get along just fine. Mustang who?
strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
A smoking hot girl was walking by my house with her boyfriend yesterday and said "that's a really nice car" to me with a sexy smile. You could tell her boyfriend was one too pleased
DesertCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
JustDipped

Drives: 2012 IBM 1LTeezy
Ahh yeah... I was at a stoplight one day and a woman crossing the street stopped in front of me to literally pet her as she said "Nice car!" Thanks but watch those fingerprints, please!
JustDipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Should we tell the Mustang guys about this or should we just let them keep complimenting each other on their cars?
Old 04-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
A smoking hot girl was walking by my house with her boyfriend yesterday and said "that's a really nice car" to me with a sexy smile. You could tell her boyfriend was one too pleased
a couple weeks ago I was parked in a lot and a young girl and her BF were coming out of the building together before I got out of my car. they were parked in the space 2 down from me in an old Honda or Toyota (they were young, so I'm not criticizing) and as they were getting in I heard her softly tell him he needed a new car.

made me laugh a little.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
lanzajr26

Drives: 2012 SS Inferno Orange
This is very true, I either get a nice compliment or a couple of turned heads every time I take my Camaro out. The thing I love the most is when I see kids rubbernecking in their cars on our way to school in the mornings.
lanzajr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
nhbouncer

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White IOM rally
I'm the manager of a retail tire store and every single day several times a day I get asked "who's camaro?" of course I tell them it's mine and then get the questions and compliments I do love the attention!
nhbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
Moonchopper

Drives: 2010 RJT Camaro SS/RS LS3
The first time I went through a Bojangles that I frequent (frequent as in go there every day before work), and they were used to seeing me in my Hyundai Elantra. They liked the new car, so they ended up giving me a free coffee

Seems like most times that I stop somewhere where the employees can see it, they usually comment on it. After a while, you kind of just say 'Thanks... yea... she's my baby...' and just leave it at that.
Moonchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Just bumped into a guy from a few apt buildings down while I was installed (jk, popped into place) my front bow tie delete ... chatted for a few mins. Nice car etc. I know the feeling!
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote