Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #57
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by karr1008 View Post
Because very few would be able to afford them. Not to mention the crisis that it is still going on and with unemployment rates increasing every day...
Small budget, very well done quality cars is what GM needs to be doing.
Ford has their new Focus for example... let's be honest people, take a look, sit in them and then compare. They are very nice compared to GM counterparts.

GM, Sounds to me that the bleeding must stop before it gets gangrene... anyways, an indebted company should payoff their bills first before they go out and spend again. JMHO.
you can't compete in a very competative business by doing that!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #58
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
wow you got power. but you would still not have a Z28. sheesh. the Z28 isn't all about power. but you probably think it is because everyone and their brother wants the LSA 550+hp car. on top of the fact there's something wrong with your plan. No factory warranty. a Z28 would offer that. oh well. I'm tired of trying to educate the masses on why the Z28 isn't just power.
Yeah, it's kind of like trying to get the masses to understand that a GT500 is not just a Mustang GT with some badges and a blower on it. I feel your pain.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #59
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
I agree that GM needs to focus on core vehicles, but the Malibu already is a very good car. The HHR will be replaced with the Chevy Orlando, which looks to be a very good vehicle. The Aveo is getting completely redesigned as will be the Impala. GM needs to develop a new small truck to replace the current Canyon/Colorado truck...hopefully it will look something like the truck recently featured on thelab.gmblogs.com.
Yes, but to be blunt on average Ford's sedans and SUVs are more up to date & better looking (just went to the Intl. Auto Show). Chevy needs to redo their corporate front end styling (can you say dated & conservative). But, Chevy wins in average MPG.
And, a BIG NO contest the Camaro wins over the Mustang in all catagories!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #60
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes, but to be blunt on average Ford's sedans and SUVs are more up to date & better looking (just went to the Intl. Auto Show). Chevy needs to redo their corporate front end styling (can you say dated & conservative). But, Chevy wins in average MPG.
And, a BIG NO contest the Camaro wins over the Mustang in all catagories!
I disagree about Ford's SUV's. My wife and I recently drove a bunch of small SUV's and the Chevy Equinox absolutely crushed the Ford Escape in all ways...styling, interior, features, price, and fuel economy. IMO, to get a design job at Ford...they give you an ink-blot test during the interview and if you answer "Bread Box" to three or more questions, you get the job. Across their products, Ford has the worst sense of styling.

Last edited by MikesZ; 12-04-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #61
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesZ View Post
I disagree about Ford's SUV's. My wife and I recently drove a bunch of small SUV's and the Chevy Equinox absolutely crushed the Ford Escape in all ways...styling, interior, features, price, and fuel economy. IMO, to get a design job at Ford...they give you an ink-blot test during the interview and if you answer "Bread Box" to three or more questions, you get the job. Across their products, Ford has the worst sense of styling.
I wont agree or disagree about any of this other than the mileage. The Equinox only get's 1 mpg better on the highway, but what does it get in the city? The Escape get's 34 in the city and I could'nt find what the Equinox get's but I'm almost positive it's not nearly as good.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #62
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I wont agree or disagree about any of this other than the mileage. The Equinox only get's 1 mpg better on the highway, but what does it get in the city? The Escape get's 34 in the city and I could'nt find what the Equinox get's but I'm almost positive it's not nearly as good.
since when does the escape get 34 city? I mean the hybrid is getting that but a regular escape? pulled straight off www.fordvehicles.com *EPA-estimated 22 city/28 hwy mpg with I-4 manual, FWD. EPA-estimated 28 hwy with I-4 automatic, FWD. wonder why the auto doesn't have a city number next to it. . .hmmm. lets see the equinox gets 22c /32 hwy for FWD. AWD 20/29.

I'm not saying which is better, but if you're going to spout off numbers make sure you're comparing apples to apples. the 34 city is hybrids and that starts out at 31k. the equinox starts out at 22. which if I remember correctly the normal escape starts out around that to.

Last edited by boxmonkeyracing; 12-04-2009 at 04:47 PM.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #63
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
since when does the escape get 34 city? I mean the hybrid is getting that but a regular escape? pulled straight off www.fordvehicles.com *EPA-estimated 22 city/28 hwy mpg with I-4 manual, FWD. EPA-estimated 28 hwy with I-4 automatic, FWD. wonder why the auto doesn't have a city number next to it. . .hmmm.

if you're going to spout off numbers make sure you're comparing apples to apples. the 34 city is hybrids and that starts out at 31k. the equinox starts out at 22. which if I remember correctly the normal escape starts out around that to.
I guess if that's the way you want to look at it that's your choice but there was no mention of price the only thing mentioned was mpg. However I choose to look at wich one offer's the best mpg. There's no doubt the Equinox is the better value, if it was'nt then I would'nt own one myself.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #64
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
Do we really need both a CTS-V coupe and a Z28?

Caddy is a go, so just step a few bucks and get a better built car that will be just as sexy as the Z28.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #65
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
They will bring the z out for the 45th anni.

For sure.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #66
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Do we really need both a CTS-V coupe and a Z28?

Caddy is a go, so just step a few bucks and get a better built car that will be just as sexy as the Z28.
a few bucks? the cts-v right now sits around 60k starting out. the Z28 will be aimed a lot lower then that. 50k max starting out. do we really need the cts coupe?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #67
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
I guess if that's the way you want to look at it that's your choice but there was no mention of price the only thing mentioned was mpg. However I choose to look at wich one offer's the best mpg. There's no doubt the Equinox is the better value, if it was'nt then I would'nt own one myself.
when I compare cars I look at price range and value. for me an escape hybrid starting out at 31 is too much. for what it offers. but personally I wouldn't buy either one. I'd either buy a truck (hate borrowing others trucks to get yard work done) or a car. SUV's kinda seem pointless for my life style. I know for most they don't.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #68
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Somebody forgot to explain to Ford about sound-dampening material. The Escape has none...all my wife and I could hear was road noise when we drove it...loud road noise. And the Escape does not get 34mpg.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #69
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
6.2L DI V8 (Gen V motor) would have been a great debut for this car. high out put and they could keep costs down so they could do suspension and maybe weight loss.
Now that would be impressive. Although knowing GM I could see them saving the Gen V for the Corvette first. Rumors also say the Gen V DI would be lower displacement in the 5.5L range.

Really the Z/28 wouldn't even need the Gen V. A 3650lb, 475-500hp LSx, with upgraded suspension and brakes would satisfy all the purists and power hungry fans because it would flat out run. Vendor/suppliers like SLP and Pedders can get the propper hardware in place to really get a limited edition Z/28 lighter and quicker. GM has turned to them in the past, 1996 Z28SS...
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #70
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
Now that would be impressive. Although knowing GM I could see them saving the Gen V for the Corvette first. Rumors also say the Gen V DI would be lower displacement in the 5.5L range.

Really the Z/28 wouldn't even need the Gen V. A 3650lb, 475-500hp LSx, with upgraded suspension and brakes would satisfy all the purists and power hungry fans because it would flat out run. Vendor/suppliers like SLP and Pedders can get the propper hardware in place to really get a limited edition Z/28 lighter and quicker. GM has turned to them in the past, 1996 Z28SS...
the 5.5 rumor mill is due to the GT2 class the corvette is going into. but that doesn't limit it's displacement for production vehicles. the 5.5 race motor is going to push around 475 hp. so production 5.5 would probably push about 50 hp less. maybe who knows. depends on reliability testing.

SLP came to GM with we want to do an SS. they built SS's for 2 years then supplied the parts to GM from 98 to 02.