Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Wollmank

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE AGM
White rub marks all around top?

Just became a proud owner of my 2012 2SS/RS convertible. Just passed my break in of 1500! Woohoo! Ay ways had the car for a little over a month. Been raining every day here in florida so I only had the top down once. After putting the top up I noticed thee are all these white marks all across the top, like the top has been rubbed and the fabric is looks to be melting away. Of course it's Friday and dealerships are closed until Monday so I can't bring it in until Monday.
Please look at pictures and tell me if my top needs to be replaced already? Can't I just go back and say I don't want this car if the top has to be replaced?
Also I put a sticker on my rear window and now it's all rubbed off? Does anybody else has a sticker on their rear window? Sorry the pictures are crappy, ill try to post more when it's outside and hopefully sunny. Thanks
Attached Images

Wollmank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
Did you have the tonneau cover on?
babaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Wollmank

Yes I did, but I notice its in more places than just where it might be hitting the cover. But yes mostly on that front part.
I never seen another convert top down I don't know how low it goes. But when I look in the rear view I see the top above the part where the tonneau cover sits. So I dunno, my salesperson didn't even know how to put the top down, he didn't know e bar in the truck had to be secure, he was out there for 30 minutes before he figured it out, so really didn't have anyone to ask.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Wollmank

Can you drive with the top down on the highway without the tonneau cover on?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
I get white marks on mine too, especially in the front area where the tonneau touches it. The marks are pretty minor though and they go away when it rains or I wash it. It is a little annoying, but I don't worry about it. If you think the fabric is actually damaged then you may have a more severe issue. Some people put a towel between the top and the tonneau cover to prevent this, but I still got the marks when I tried this.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Wollmank

Well I didn't goto the dealer yet cause it is Saturday and not opened. But I did bring it to a reputable upholster shop and they said these rubs marks will never go away, they will just worse over time and if i dont tell my dealer now, i will have issues down the road..I washed it, dried, washed again and looks to be permanent. Rained twice, dried. Looks like I have a horrible experience getting my brand new top replaced very soon. (This better be under warrenty.. Really upset now. Crap! Thanks
Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Sorry to hear about this and best of luck to you. Did the upholstery shop say what caused it?
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
Wollmank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Sorry to hear about this and best of luck to you. Did the upholstery shop say what caused it?
Unfortunately I live in palm beach. Even talking to someone they want money. He said it should be a warranty issue, he has seen many many Camaro converts have this problem, the tonneau cover, along with, needs to be precisely adjusted from the factory, extremely hard to do.and bad design is the cause.
I'll know more on Monday I guess when I get it to the dealer.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wollmank View Post
Unfortunately I live in palm beach. Even talking to someone they want money. He said it should be a warranty issue, he has seen many many Camaro converts have this problem, the tonneau cover, along with, needs to be precisely adjusted from the factory, extremely hard to do.and bad design is the cause.
I'll know more on Monday I guess when I get it to the dealer.
Wollman,

I understand how frustrating this can be for you and we're here to help. Let me know if additional assistance is needed regarding this issue during your service visit. Feel free to contact us privately if you'd like me to look into this for you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Wollmank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Wollman,

I understand how frustrating this can be for you and we're here to help. Let me know if additional assistance is needed regarding this issue during your service visit. Feel free to contact us privately if you'd like me to look into this for you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Well I brought my car in for them to look at the top today. After telling me it's normal !?!?!??!? One of there techs crashed my car pretty bad, they are going to fix their damage but not the top..shoot me.....its at Schumacher auto now on north lake in palm beach.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Twilborne

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Blue 2LT
Looks like new bumper, rim and tire.
Twilborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Wow! I am so sorry to see this. I have received your private messages and will be in contact with you shortly after speaking with your dealership.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wollmank View Post
Well I brought my car in for them to look at the top today. After telling me it's normal !?!?!??!? One of there techs crashed my car pretty bad, they are going to fix their damage but not the top..shoot me.....its at Schumacher auto now on north lake in palm beach.
Holy Crap! I feel for you. Just hang in there, sometimes it's one step forward two steps back.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Man, when it rains...hang in there, it'll get better. Maybe the dealership will throw in a set of black ZL1 wheels for the trouble?
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote