Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
CAI and Vmax Installed!

Installed my CAI, scoop and Vmax TB today. Must say I LOVE them!! As an added bonus, the factory exhaust is much louder now when you get on it.

Here's a shout out to Apex and SC2150 for both being great vendors.

And here's some pics. I didn't take a pic of the Apex washer relocation kit because I installed the filler neck on the CAI box close to the front of the car and in this location you can't even see the filler neck with the lid on.

Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Installed my CAI, scoop and Vmax TB today. Must say I LOVE them!! As an added bonus, the factory exhaust is much louder now when you get on it.

And here's some pics. I didn't take a pic of the Apex washer relocation kit because I installed the filler neck on the CAI box close to the front of the car and in this location you can't even see the filler neck with the lid on.

Looks great man!! Thank you for choosing CAI Inc.!! Have you noticed an improvement in throttle response with the CAI and TB?!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Looks great man!! Thank you for choosing CAI Inc.!! Have you noticed an improvement in throttle response with the CAI and TB?!
Thanks.

Yes I have. There use to be a second pause but not any more. The car performs much better now.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Thanks.

Yes I have. There use to be a second pause but not any more. The car performs much better now.
Glad to hear it!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Looks awesome with the hood up!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:

Thank you for your order and the mention. It looks great but I am sure the sound and extra power are even better.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
looks great
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Looks good and I know your feeling a difference!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
Have had the CAI on for awhile now and am patiently waiting for my VMAX.

Rick

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:

Thats sweet man!!! I also have the CAI INC CAI, maybe I should get the TB as well!! Sounds like you are happy with it. Where did you get yours from??
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #11
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
Thats sweet man!!! I also have the CAI INC CAI, maybe I should get the TB as well!! Sounds like you are happy with it. Where did you get yours from??
I got the TB from SC2150. Send him a pm if your interested. He's really quick on the shipping too if he has any in stock.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
westsacss

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
I got the TB from SC2150. Send him a pm if your interested. He's really quick on the shipping too if he has any in stock.
Wow looks great! im thinking about getting that same set up. Do you feel a noticable power diff? I've scene pretty big numbers on the dyno with the CAI + scoop. Also was wondering if the oil catch can came with the package at all? if not how much? Thank you in advance!
westsacss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsacss View Post
Wow looks great! im thinking about getting that same set up. Do you feel a noticable power diff? I've scene pretty big numbers on the dyno with the CAI + scoop. Also was wondering if the oil catch can came with the package at all? if not how much? Thank you in advance!
I would have to say the power increase from adding the TB, CAI, and scoop is noticeable from the very first day, not a whole lot but it's there. The very next day after installing all three I went for a ride and managed to chirp the tires all through 1st gear and again after changing into 2nd without even trying or meaning to. Stock, I had to actually put effort into chirping the tires but not anymore. And let's not forget I'm already seeing a 1 mpg increase AND that's with me having more fun and getting on it more often. If I took it easier I bet I would get more.

No, the catch can I purchased from SC2150 almost a year ago, long before the Vmax TB was ever offered. How much I paid for it, i don't remember. He has a catch can thread down in the vendor section. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109416 I love the catch can, it was easy to install and it's super easy to empty. My only beef with it is I wish the drain tube connection was free spinning but I don't think that's possible. When you try to open or close the drain, the tube also wants to spin so depending on what you are draining into, the tube may turn away from your container and create a mess. You don't have to use it and can take it off which I think next time I empty it is what I'm going to do. But all in all I like it and prefer it over some of the competitors.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
westsacss

Drives: 2ss
Sweet man. Sounds like after the computer adjusts to the new mods it's of the hook!? I'm looking forward to this a whole lot
westsacss is offline   Reply With Quote