Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #155
chellelea
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailclerk View Post
RedCamaroZL1,

Don't drive miles and think the issue will go away. Take it in to the dealership right away and get it repaired!

When I had issues with my Camaro the GPS radio portion didn't operate. Can't say much about dealer prep that I paid for. Anyway my car was in the shop for about two weeks when GM authorized the dealer to replace the entire radio panel.

Nothings perfect in this world including our Camaros. Get it in and fixed so the hurt/frustration will be less for you.

Mail Clerk

Have to agree. I don't think it's a fluke...if it happened once it will happen again. Just no telling when.
My two incidents were months apart so I thought the same thing...until it happened again and then I found this thread.
Mine will be going to the dealer for this...just waiting for my next oil change to do it all at once.

Sent from my Black DropTop 2SS using Tapatalk
chellelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #156
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Had the HUD fade out this weekend on me and could not believe it.

Did a left turn and came back, then faded away not to return until later that day on another run to the store .........My wife told me it happened to her last week and I told her no way you just dont know how to drive the car properly, she was like .

Well we got 500 miles on it as of today and looks like we will be making an appointment to take it in.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #157
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Have not taken it in to the shop yet, but the HUD fading out has yet to happen again, weird!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #158
GrayFox13

Drives: AGM Vert - 2LT - RS
Mine (a 2013) did this today. I noticed it was off and I tried to adjust the display on it, and nothing. I was pushing the button on it and it finally showed up then faded out after a few seconds. Then I turned the display dial to the off position and waited about 10 mins and turned it back on and it came back on for about 15 seconds then faded out. I parked the car and had to run an errand and when I got back in the car the HUD has stayed on. I went ahead and called my dealership because we've got such a good relationship with them and I'm taking the car in tomorrow for them to look at it.

I'll keep ya posted on what they say.
GrayFox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #159
gbrooks110

Drives: 1997 Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary
I too have had the issue. I have a 2013 Camaro SS HWE. It has happened several times. 1st time it occurred was 2 months after I got the car (July 2013) and it was fading in and out. I happened a couple times in 2 days then stopped. It then happened again several months later, but just shut off completely for over 20 mins. Then it happened again a week ago while taking a turn, it shut off completely for about a minute then came back on. My car is parked in the garage all the time, and the temperature out side when these events occurred was between 60-80 degrees F. I was listening to XM radio, not shuffling between anything. Last instance I did have navigation running. Any thoughts?
gbrooks110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #160
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox13 View Post
Mine (a 2013) did this today. I noticed it was off and I tried to adjust the display on it, and nothing. I was pushing the button on it and it finally showed up then faded out after a few seconds. Then I turned the display dial to the off position and waited about 10 mins and turned it back on and it came back on for about 15 seconds then faded out. I parked the car and had to run an errand and when I got back in the car the HUD has stayed on. I went ahead and called my dealership because we've got such a good relationship with them and I'm taking the car in tomorrow for them to look at it.

I'll keep ya posted on what they say.
Apologies to read that you're experiencing this as well. It's great that you have a great relationship with your dealer and plan to get this diagnosed right away. Feel free to keep us posted, or reach out to us if additional assistance is needed.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #161
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

Drives: 2013 1LE
...my HUD faded out yesterday and was gone. I turned it off. The next time I started the car, I turned it back on and all was well(?) Had a 2010 four years and never cussed it once.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #162
GrayFox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Apologies to read that you're experiencing this as well. It's great that you have a great relationship with your dealer and plan to get this diagnosed right away. Feel free to keep us posted, or reach out to us if additional assistance is needed.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Funny .... well not funny. Dealership calls me yesterday to tell me that GM has NEVER heard of this problem. I said really???? That's funny because it's all over the forum and several have had their HUD replaced. Now my guy is GREAT and said he's even replaced one.

Tell me HOW GM does not know about this when (1) it's all over the forum, (2) there is a Chevrolet Customer Care person on here, and (3) I'm pretty darn sure everyone on here is not silent about their problems. I'm sure they've reported this to their Service Mgr. How can GM say they've never heard of this issue?

I told him what's been reported on the forum seems to be on the 2013's. They still have my car and I'm hoping to hear something more this morning.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #163
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Funny .... well not funny. Dealership calls me yesterday to tell me that GM has NEVER heard of this problem. I said really???? That's funny because it's all over the forum and several have had their HUD replaced. Now my guy is GREAT and said he's even replaced one.

Tell me HOW GM does not know about this when (1) it's all over the forum, (2) there is a Chevrolet Customer Care person on here, and (3) I'm pretty darn sure everyone on here is not silent about their problems. I'm sure they've reported this to their Service Mgr. How can GM say they've never heard of this issue?

I told him what's been reported on the forum seems to be on the 2013's. They still have my car and I'm hoping to hear something more this morning.
I haven't told mine yet, because the only fix that they would do is tear half my car apart and replace the HUD. Not sure I'm willing to let them do that quite yet.

Update on my car, it went about 2000 miles before it happened again. Parked my car for the workday, came back to it 8 hrs later and it worked fine. I'm at 3600 miles now. Worked this morning.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #164
GrayFox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I haven't told mine yet, because the only fix that they would do is tear half my car apart and replace the HUD. Not sure I'm willing to let them do that quite yet.

Update on my car, it went about 2000 miles before it happened again. Parked my car for the workday, came back to it 8 hrs later and it worked fine. I'm at 3600 miles now. Worked this morning.
I've got almost 20K on mine.

Dealership just called, they are going to replace my HUD. They are ordering the part, will be in next week. I'll be picking my baby up today and taking it back next week.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #165
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
I've got almost 20K on mine.

Dealership just called, they are going to replace my HUD. They are ordering the part, will be in next week. I'll be picking my baby up today and taking it back next week.
Were they able to duplicate the problem or did they take your word for it?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #166
GrayFox13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Were they able to duplicate the problem or did they take your word for it?
I'm going to ask when I pick it up. I'll let ya know.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #167
GrayFox13

Picked the car up!!!! They told me they are going to replace on my word but GM is saying its the "Sun" causing a "ghost image". I don't have that, I have NO image. ha ha
There is a "Bulletin" for this problem. But it's not limited to the Camaro, its for 11 different Veh Types. But the '13 Camaro is the ONLY Camaro on the list.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #168
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Picked the car up!!!! They told me they are going to replace on my word but GM is saying its the "Sun" causing a "ghost image". I don't have that, I have NO image. ha ha
There is a "Bulletin" for this problem. But it's not limited to the Camaro, its for 11 different Veh Types. But the '13 Camaro is the ONLY Camaro on the list.
Good info, thanks