Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Arrogant Dealers

Let me start by saying I consider myself arrogant.

But never have I met anyone so arrogant as these Chevrolet dealerships. Do they honestly expect me to pay 8000 down, plus trade, and then 650$ per month for 60 months? (47k) For a Camaro with an MSRP of 35k?

Honestly, after going to the BMW and Mercedes dealerships and working with over 30 Chevy dealerships trying to find a 2LT I have never been so bothered in my life.

In any event, after pretty much every dealership wouldn't drop below MSRP +1k for the camaro or refused to get the car with the options I want I finally sucked it up and said I wasnt beating USAA Pricing. Turns out, USAA got even better.

And since penfed is offering decent auto loan rates (2.99%), it works out. So I can now just go get the 2LT I want for about 2500 below MSRP or 1500 below invoice. Making the deal tomorrow, tired of playing the Chevy game.

Honestly though, the BMW and Mercedes dealers were so nice. They both instantly dropped the price 30% at 1.5% financing if I wanted to drive out that night. They show they want the sales.

Seeing as chevy just had their worst month in history, IIRC, you would think they would be slightly more accomodating.

Hopefully soon I will have my camaro5 membership card (a camaro title!)

Thanks for listening to me whine!
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #2
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Just shop around until you find a willing dealer. They are out there somewhere!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Are you saying that you are buying a 2LT from a Mercedes dealership?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincoin View Post
Just shop around until you find a willing dealer. They are out there somewhere!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Too bad you didn't join Camaro5 BEFORE shopping.

There are a few good dealers on here that could have made your purchase hassle-free.

Enjoy your new Camaro!! Welcome to Camaro5.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Too bad you didn't join Camaro5 BEFORE shopping.

There are a few good dealers on here that could have made your purchase hassle-free.

Enjoy your new Camaro!! Welcome to Camaro5.
NJ is one of my highest volume states! Give one of us a shout when you want the Z28
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
NJ is one of my highest volume states! Give one of us a shout when you want the Z28
I thought it was Hawaii.....
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I thought it was Hawaii.....
Wisconsin has no boundaries.... except for Canada
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I did some math. Based on $200 for license and title, $150 for dealership fees, 8% taxes (not sure what yours are), and $35,000 for the price of the car (obviously, an estimate), there are two legitimate ways to pay that much for a vehicle, even with $8,000 down.

One of those ways is that you are trading a car with negative equity. Do you owe anything on your previous car?

The other way is a matter of interest rate. Did the dealership tell you what rate they used to run your numbers? In order for you to reach this high payment, you would have to have a double-digit interest rate, which makes sense if your credit is less than perfect.

You have to remember that the dealer is not making much off of your interest. The bank is getting the money. Your dealer is not arrogant to offer you a car at sticker. That's just your salesperson doing his or her job. To offer a vehicle above sticker is arrogant. Also, keep in mind that GM has lowered the markup in cars since restructuring. There is less room to move in price than BMW, a luxury brand with lots of markup.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
7% taxes here, relatively perfect credit (high 700s) and trade is not a factor. Well just assume the dealer is giving me 1000 for it, nothing owed. And no, they were just trying to cut me a deal real quick assuming im dumb enough to pay 50k for a 35k car.

Most people here are smart enough to do math. I work in a hospital (will not be named) and there are many people I work with who will just pay WHATEVER the dealer tells them. Mind you, these people are directly responsible for the lives of their patients but they cant figure out that if they sign the paper for 300$ a month for 72 months with a balloon payment and a down payment of their lease they return under mileage + 5000$ that they are getting screwed so bad and prolly paying that 10k over MSRP before interest. Those people are the MAJORITY, not the minority. The people who can do the mental math and figure out (payments * months + DP= X which is far greater then MSRP) before the saleman finishes that sentence and now they are getting screwed are the few. If everyone shopped like those of us more frugal people dealerships would not be in business. Those people shop based on emotion, not logic and will buy to make themselves happy.

I shop to make myself happy by making my wallet happy. And getting thrown out of a dealership or two or getting hung up on a dozen times in a day doesnt even phase me.

The point I was really trying to make though was these dealers are SO arrogant. The mercedes and BMW dealerships i dealt with while looking for a C-class or a 1 series were so much more humble and would have done anything to put me in a car that night.

At the Merc dealership he said what can I do to sell you that car right now (like 42k) and I said take 15gs off it and Id consider it. He, without a second though said, Ill make the price 25k and give you .9% before I even do your credit check. I stepped back I'm like wow, I actually didn't even expect you to respond to that peacefully. The level of dedication and humility there is far superior to any customer service I have ever received.

And to close I am still getting the 2011 maro. Just sealed a deal with the USAA price. I would have went with you drop shippers but I am looking to drive the car sooner then later, build and wait wasn't really an option. And the USAA price was actually pretty amazing, so I am more then content.

2011 2LT, Black/Black RS package, polished wheels, sunroof, floor mats and a cargo net for 28,6XX + tax, title, DMV, and 250 worth of other fees. No hassles, no BS. Very happy to go pick it up 50 miles away at that. Financing at 2.99% via penfed.

I dont know if anyone here would have done better, if you could have, sorry I missed out for both of us, if not, I'll make sure the seller joins the forums to share the deals with all.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote