Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
516mike

Drives: White 2012 2lt/rs convertible
Help-Air Intake Kit Suggestions?

I purchased my 1st Camaro back in the Spring, it's a 2LT/RS convertible. Found this site a few months back, and after exploring the site for a little while I figured it a good move to register (lot of great info especially for a newb). Anyway, I have been looking to swap out the air intake but I don't want to void any coverage offered through either the factory or the MPP extended warranty. I have been working with the dealership I bought the car from even though there are 2 other dealers closer due to customer service so far. When I asked about the cai options the parts department is pushing the Volant intake kit w/ the filter bag, he says it must be ordered and installed through them/his guy (cost after install $502 which is $100 cheaper than at closer dealers). I've noticed most of you suggest the CAI n K&B brand intakes. Also, if they do the add-on will I only be able to go through tis dealership if any problems occur in the future? Thoughts, opinions,etc....

Last edited by 516mike; 02-25-2013 at 07:55 AM.
516mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
tj@LSRPerformance

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Just to make it clear. Just because you put a part on your vehicle it DOES NOT void your warranty. For a product to affect the warranty, there must be an investigation done by the party refuting the warranty to prove that the aftermarket product indeed caused the OEM component part to fail. Just because you put a CAI on your car it does not does not automatically void the warranty. The CAI would have the be the direct cause that caused the part to fail. Also, you have to remember when installing aftermarket parts you are responsible to care and drive the car in a non malicious way - because no warranty covers "abuse".

PM if i I can help provide you with any support with your CAI purchase.

Best Regards,

TJ
tj@LSRPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
why dont you take them astro glide so it will be easier too? seriously buy your own and install it yourself way easier, and i suggest cai brand. dealerships will rip you a new one! tell them thanks but you can do your own installs. but hey its up to you its your money.
gafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
516mike

That was the original plan, but I have heard of people runnin into problems after they changed the filter on their own n the dealer blaming it on the install or the part be faulty voiding their warranty-that's my fear (I don't need to bring astroglide, the dealer carries it on hand). When I looked into the pricing for the Volant system, I'm being charged $100 extra for the kit n $68 for the install. Honestly I don't know sh*t about the differences between the diff brands, but I have heard they r not hard to install; is CAI that much better than any of the other brands? Again I was gonna have the dealer take care of this so I don't deal w/ any bs over voiding the warranty, which they guarantee if they take care of it.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by 516mike View Post
That was the original plan, but I have heard of people runnin into problems after they changed the filter on their own n the dealer blaming it on the install or the part be faulty voiding their warranty-that's my fear (I don't need to bring astroglide, the dealer carries it on hand). When I looked into the pricing for the Volant system, I'm being charged $100 extra for the kit n $68 for the install. Honestly I don't know sh*t about the differences between the diff brands, but I have heard they r not hard to install; is CAI that much better than any of the other brands? Again I was gonna have the dealer take care of this so I don't deal w/ any bs over voiding the warranty, which they guarantee if they take care of it.
Our CAI will not and can not effect your vehicles factory warranty, in fact we have a lot of Chevy dealers who sell and install our CAI.

You can install the system yourself in roughly 20-30 minutes, even if you have never installed one before.

As for our system, it is made 100% in the USA and is an extremely high quality CAI that performs as good as the fit and finish looks! We have a ceramic coated intake tube, insulated and enclosed airbox, and we engineer our own filters. You can buy one direct from us or through many of our great dealers who are active on this site.

If you have any questions let me know, I would be happy to help.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Putting on a CAI won't void your warranty lol. If you dealer gives you problems, take it to another dealer. I recommend the C.A.I Inc.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
516mike

When adding a CAI does it need a tune?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Certain ones like the tuned version of VRam do, but most don't.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:

No tune required for a CAI and most systems on the market.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Our CAI will not and can not effect your vehicles factory warranty, in fact we have a lot of Chevy dealers who sell and install our CAI.

You can install the system yourself in roughly 20-30 minutes, even if you have never installed one before.

As for our system, it is made 100% in the USA and is an extremely high quality CAI that performs as good as the fit and finish looks! We have a ceramic coated intake tube, insulated and enclosed airbox, and we engineer our own filters. You can buy one direct from us or through many of our great dealers who are active on this site.

If you have any questions let me know, I would be happy to help.
Go this route... got mine a couple years ago and absolutely LOVE it. Highest quality best looking intake on the market IMO. The install is super easy too.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Our CAI does not require a tune, nor will it cause you to get any CEL's (check engine lights). There are some less expensive systems out there that say they do not require a tune, but then they throw CEL's which most people do not like. If you want no issues, no tuning, no CEL, and an easy install with a great system made 100% here in the USA, we are here for you!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
My motor let go at 15k, and they were going to void my warrenty due to the Vararam. I towed the car home, swapped back to stock, and went to a differant dealer. The replacement motor was covered 100%.

Long story short, if you have to bring the car in, throw the stock box back on first.

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
Go this route... got mine a couple years ago and absolutely LOVE it. Highest quality best looking intake on the market IMO. The install is super easy too.
Thanks!!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #14
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Arrow Ok...

...if you are worried about hassles with the dealer go with a drop-in filter.

They're hard-pressed to fault a drop-in unless your MAF fails due to oiling issues attributed to oiled filter media.

I chose the Blackwing "CAI" because it comes with a tube which eliminates the noise cancelling device on the OE tube as well as (supposedly) giving better flow. It comes with two couplers, a breather connection hose, and a slick drop-in filter that flows better than stock. I like this setup and I am currently using an AFE ProDry-S drop in filter instead of the provided oiled media filter. Have had no CELs thus far & my butt dyno says the car has more pronounced response through the mid-range.
rsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote