Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #113
edco
Account Suspended

Drives: 07gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post
I know who wants the 75,000$ track ready z/28 with a 7.0 ls7 it is impractical for daily commuting. The insurance is outrageous, it will suck down gas. What a worthless impractical machine. Gross. I'll have a 07 gt in yellow now that's a car!!
Grabber Orange. Yellow eats it.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #114
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostcj View Post
edco, why do you bother to post on the camaro forum? You have an 07 gt and you're talking about cars not holding their resale value?
because I can
Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #115
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
LOL

I have been on the forum since 2007, I finally found someone worthy to be be put on my ignore list..... I suggest everyone else do the same...
Old 06-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #116
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Edco, you are clearly a Ford fanboy who isn't here to have an honest debate. I have no problem with Ford owners posting here if they want to be part of an honest and open discussion.

The 1LE is not a stand alone car. It is an option on the SS Camaro. It is a $3,500 option package. A base SS with the 1LE package will be less than $39,000.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:18 AM   #117
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
... Limiting comments to only the favorable is a form of censorship. Here we go!

... Perhaps Camaro drivers cannot change a flat. ...

... these models are delusional purchases.

... This ZL1 owner took a $20K hit to unload this. Who wants to drive a 12 mpg army tank (fast army tank). This particular dealership had experience with another high dollar Camaro5 and took over 100 days to move the car. We don't know if it was wholesaled out or found a buyer.

... Ah, but you testoctanerone Camaro drivers must get your kills. Do they appreciate and pay interest or dividends? Would somebody define what a "kill" is.

... The GM VA race track video, while impressive, is suspect. Well I guess the 1LE was such a roaring success GM decided to kill it.

... I would really have to be backed into a corner to settle for paying $75K for a Z/28. If it is your bag go for it. What hit will you take to plant it on a dealer lot with 1741 odo miles? better you than me. What does that work out to in $/kill (dollars per 'kill')?

So what does this have to do with Top Gear?

Do you understand why you got your wrist slapped yet?

But let's discuss your topic instead the thread topic.

Evaluate Ford's 2000 Cobra R program.
And their Laguna Seca program.

These are the case studies to compare the Z/28 program to, even though the Fords are 2 seaters, and both Fords were fixed production programs (300 and 1500 respectively).
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #118
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
McRat: My P275-40R18 HTRZ III are in the class of tire you refer to and I carry a full spare. ...
Why would you lug 60lb of dead weight around?

That puzzles me. Other than my trucks, nothing I have came with spare tires.

As far as changing tires, if you race, you change a lot of tires. Constantly.
You just don't do it next to a highway with drunks and texters driving by.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #119
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:

About the 1LE. The model does not appear to be for sale. It is not referenced at Chevy.com or our STL, MO Weber Chevrolet web site. Weber is the midwest largest Chevy dealer and oldest 100+ years. Cannot verify that they cost $6K less than a Boss 302. The Car&Driver and Motorweek comparos of the Boss and 1LE are third party unbiased. The GM VA race track video, while impressive, is suspect. Well I guess the 1LE was such a roaring success GM decided to kill it.

Great to be back! Drive safe.
It's not called the 1LE on any Chevrolet website order sheet. It's called the SS Performance package. It's a $3500 option on top of a regular SS.

I just built one, MSRP is $37850. How much was a base BOSS again?
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #120
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
The editor has invited me to continue. It is noted I posted no vulgarity or profanity nor disparaged any individual. My original comment was specifically about the Z/28 and all comments are related in some degree. It is fair to compare and contrast other vehicles to the Z/28. Limiting comments to only the favorable is a form of censorship. Here we go!

McRat: My P275-40R18 HTRZ III are in the class of tire you refer to and I carry a full spare. It helps if you get a flat. I have TPMS, it can save your neck, but will not stop a tire hazard. Perhaps Camaro drivers cannot change a flat. I have changed springs, shocks, struts, control arms, differential, drive shaft, brake rotors-shoes-and lines laying on the ground. Trust me, I can change a tire.

To my original point, see the attached pics. Stopped by a local dealer to check the Audi R8 and Porsche Turbo on the curb. 2nd row back is a 2014 ZL1, 1741 miles, black on black in black. Will the poster who called the Boss 302 ugly please study this car. Mustang GT500, Challenger Hellcat Hemi, Camaro Z/28, and Camaro ZL1, in most cases these models are delusional purchases. This ZL1 owner took a $20K hit to unload this. Who wants to drive a 12 mpg army tank (fast army tank). This particular dealership had experience with another high dollar Camaro5 and took over 100 days to move the car. We don't know if it was wholesaled out or found a buyer.

I wrote above most of these "hammers" are for sale with about 3500 odo miles. Ah, but you testoctanerone Camaro drivers must get your kills. Do they appreciate and pay interest or dividends? Would somebody define what a "kill" is.

About the 1LE. The model does not appear to be for sale. It is not referenced at Chevy.com or our STL, MO Weber Chevrolet web site. Weber is the midwest largest Chevy dealer and oldest 100+ years. Cannot verify that they cost $6K less than a Boss 302. The Car&Driver and Motorweek comparos of the Boss and 1LE are third party unbiased. The GM VA race track video, while impressive, is suspect. Well I guess the 1LE was such a roaring success GM decided to kill it.

Back to the Z/28. I like cars, performance, speed, and driving. I would really have to be backed into a corner to settle for paying $75K for a Z/28. If it is your bag go for it. What hit will you take to plant it on a dealer lot with 1741 odo miles? better you than me. What does that work out to in $/kill (dollars per 'kill')?

Great to be back! Drive safe.
Quote:
This black on black in black ZL1 photographs better than it looks. In person, the word hideous comes to mind.

As far as this thread (whatever a thread is) being about the Z/28, all you thread purist can keep whinning. I don't really care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostcj View Post
edco, why do you bother to post on the camaro forum? You have an 07 gt and you're talking about cars not holding their resale value?
Quote:
because I can

The fail is strong with this one.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #121
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
To my original point, see the attached pics. Stopped by a local dealer to check the Audi R8 and Porsche Turbo on the curb. 2nd row back is a 2014 ZL1, 1741 miles, black on black in black. Will the poster who called the Boss 302 ugly please study this car. Mustang GT500, Challenger Hellcat Hemi, Camaro Z/28, and Camaro ZL1, in most cases these models are delusional purchases. This ZL1 owner took a $20K hit to unload this. Who wants to drive a 12 mpg army tank (fast army tank). This particular dealership had experience with another high dollar Camaro5 and took over 100 days to move the car. We don't know if it was wholesaled out or found a buyer.

I wrote above most of these "hammers" are for sale with about 3500 odo miles.
I'm more than a little confused. What are you trying to say there? That all appearance arguments/adverse comments are pointless (probably)? That quite a few of the people who can afford the pricier automotive toys might not know themselves well enough to make good choices, or have short attention spans (could be)?

I'm sure that the definition of a "kill" here is no different than it is in the appropriate(?) sections on any of several Mustang forums. No different in my experience, anyway. Somehow I doubt that this matters to any of the Z/28 buyers, whether they track the car like some here already do, trailer it to shows, or park it in their climate-controlled garage for investment performance.

FWIW, the last time I had a tire go down on the highway, the only ways to proceed involved putting on the full size spare or "just limped on down the shoulder on the rim". Apologies to Charlie Daniels.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #122
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Why would you lug 60lb of dead weight around?

That puzzles me. Other than my trucks, nothing I have came with spare tires.

As far as changing tires, if you race, you change a lot of tires. Constantly.
You just don't do it next to a highway with drunks and texters driving by.
Answer: in case you get a flat. The TPMS is an early warning. Slow down and get off the highway ASAP. Nobody with a will to live changes a tire on the shoulder of a highway. Except the AAA truck with emergency lights and flares.
If you don't have a spare he can't get you rolling from the stop point. So you get towed off the road-then what? It is night and you are crossing Kansas.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #123
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Something's in life don't need explaining.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402928854.328597.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  107.7 KB
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #124
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
It's not called the 1LE on any Chevrolet website order sheet. It's called the SS Performance package. It's a $3500 option on top of a regular SS.

I just built one, MSRP is $37850. How much was a base BOSS again?
Thank you for the data, and the differential is $6K or greater. Is the 1LE the equivalent of the Boss 302? That is an argument. The Boss 302 is a radical change from a GT. Recaro seats, rear seat delete, rear seat brace, HP/torque increase, custom tune, special intake plenum, side pipes, tires/wheels, brembo brakes and etc. You get what you pay for. What is GM doing to an SS for $3500 to produce a 1LE. It falls short of what Ford did to a GT to produce the Boss 302 in hardware changes. The 1LE package is more an equivalent to the GT performance pack. A GT with performance pack is not a Boss 302. The 1LE is heavier and has less power and will run circles around the Boss right? That is an argument. Everyone who has driven and reviewed the Boss 302 has raved about it. It might be the best solid axle pony car ever. It is a balanced responsive performance car. It is worth its price. I have yet to see one for sale on used car lot. There will always be faster cars, that does not take anything away from the excellent sports car a Boss 302 is.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #125
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
What ever happened to "informed" opinions?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #126
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
So what does this have to do with Top Gear?

Do you understand why you got your wrist slapped yet?

But let's discuss your topic instead the thread topic.

Evaluate Ford's 2000 Cobra R program.
And their Laguna Seca program.

These are the case studies to compare the Z/28 program to, even though the Fords are 2 seaters, and both Fords were fixed production programs (300 and 1500 respectively).
My comments relate to street machines only. The trailer transported track driven cars are another world. I may be wrong about the Z/28, I am picking up comments from posters saying they cannot wait to buy one. I assume the Z/28 is built with a VIN#. The Cobra R and Boss 302 limited production Mustangs have VIN# and sold to general public. The FRC500 and successors, the Boss 302Rs do not have VIN#. They cannot be licensed and driven on the street. If the Z/28 is a track only machine without a VIN# I will have to eat my posts about it. Straighten me out on this, I don't know. Maybe this is why there is confusion.