Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-05-2016, 01:33 AM   #1
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Does the vitesse throttle controller work on the SS?

I know it works on the LFX as I see a lot of v6 owners using them. But how many SS's are using them?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:12 AM   #2
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
It works especially well on the SS.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:35 AM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Works on anything its made for.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:31 AM   #4
Stecky

Drives: 0000
I have one on my SS. It is a different car set at about 7.
I turn it back with my wife in the car, because she complains about her head getting banged around.
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Okay sweet. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Pro's - everything
con's - fuel economy

That's it.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
Jaybird4u

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
I have it installed on my 2014 SS and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Jaybird4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #8
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I had it for a month, then returned it. All it does is reduces the amount of pedal input you need to achieve the same acceleration. As a result, the car feels faster at partial throttle in city traffic, but you loose throttle responses as you get closer to a wide open throttle. The more aggressive the setting on the controller, the less responsive the car is between 80% - 100% of the pedal travel. At setting 9, you reach wide open throttle at like 80% of pedal travel. If you do not have a ported throttle body, getting Vitesse throttle controller and keeping it at like 3 or 4 might improve drivability and driving enjoyment. At a more aggressive setting (or at any setting, if you already have a ported throttle body) it just makes the throttle feel unbalanced.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #9
Jaybird4u

Wasn't the case for me. I have a vmax throttle body and love it but I then added the Vitesse and it made the car that much more fun to drive.

Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #10
Azrael

Drives: 1LE
Installed mine, then set it back to stock as it was fun like an AR bump fire stock... amusing for a minute but rather pointless once the novelty wears off.

15' 1LE: CAI / Scoop / LT's / Retro Stainless / Ported TB / Catch Can / SCT X4 / Catch Can / AntiLaser Priority
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #11
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
I had it for a month, then returned it. All it does is reduces the amount of pedal input you need to achieve the same acceleration. As a result, the car feels faster at partial throttle in city traffic, but you loose throttle responses as you get closer to a wide open throttle. The more aggressive the setting on the controller, the less responsive the car is between 80% - 100% of the pedal travel. At setting 9, you reach wide open throttle at like 80% of pedal travel. If you do not have a ported throttle body, getting Vitesse throttle controller and keeping it at like 3 or 4 might improve drivability and driving enjoyment. At a more aggressive setting (or at any setting, if you already have a ported throttle body) it just makes the throttle feel unbalanced.
This is what I noticed as well. It is not as responsive the more open the throttle blade is. It does feel amazing at partial throttle. But after that, it gets almost sluggish.

Incidentally, I want to add that it threw my engine into reduced power mode. It worked well for the first few weeks. But then one day it happened. So I took it off that weekend and everything was fine afterwards.But then it started happening like every other week. Soon it was more frequently, like once a week. So I figured that whenever it happened I'd just turn the engine off and re-calibrate the dang thing. But it kept happening and happening to the point that at any time it would just go limp on me. It happened 2 times while I was merging onto a major highway. Cut out on me while cars are flying up on me at like 80 mph...had to pull over on the side of the road to wait 5-10 minutes to re-set it. It happened again while out with friends. Ended up sitting in a gas station parking lot waiting to re-set it. And finally one day I had enough. It happened 3 times that one day. So I took it off. Each time it happened the DTC was directly related to throttle position and throttle input. SO just a warning. Others have had this issue as well. And no, it isn't a matter of installing it correctly. It works with some cars and doesn't work well with others. I was just unlucky.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #12
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
But I will add that it will not improve your 1/4 mile times at all. I took it to the track and tried it on settings 3, 5, 7 and 9. It didn't change anything. Probably because the majority of time is spent at WOT. And plus, you can replicate what the VTC does anyway by just pressing down on the pedal faster and harder.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird4u View Post
Wasn't the case for me. I have a vmax throttle body and love it but I then added the Vitesse and it made the car that much more fun to drive.

Find a road where you can go wide open throttle in a second gear safely. Set Vitessee to setting 0. Start accelerating at wide open throttle (100% pedal position). At about 4.5k rpms gently let of the throttle down to about 90% pedal position, then press it back down 100%. You will feel a significant yet controllable reduction in acceleration as you are reducing throttle input, and the increase in acceleration as you go back to full throttle. Now, repeat the same test, but with Vitessee set to 9. You will notice that you will be able to move the pedal between 80% (give or take) and 100% with NO change in acceleration. That is exactly the lack of throttle balance that I’m talking about. With Vitesse, with the pedal at 0% to 20% the engine is very responsive, but then as you get closer to wide open throttle you loose that responsiveness. Granted setting 9 is an extreme example, but the same principal applies to all Vitesse settings, the effects are just not as pronounced.
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
Jaybird4u

I realize it has it's downfalls at WOT but a large part of my weekend driving is in town. From stop light to stop light it is more responsive with no lag whatsoever. So for me it ups the fun factor. Maybe not for everyone though.