Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
Show-Me-SS

Drives: Saturn Sky,Camaro1SS
Hello New Member In St. Louis

Hello everyone this is Show-Me-SS. I just ordered a 1SS today from Elco Chevy in St. Louis. I got the 6th allocation of the 9 the dealer has available. I was going to wait until next year but went to the car show on Friday and then to the dealer on Sat. My salesman called me tonight to say the order was placed and was at the code 1100 with the code R6P. He is going to mail me my workbench sheet with the order number tomorrow. I am paying MSRP with any incentives that are available at delivery. I qualify for the supplier discount so I should get that but he said until its official from GM he can't promise anything. I put down a $500 refundable deposit. The car will be a 1SS color is IBM with black cloth, RS package, and Boston Acoustic stereo. I have been lurking here for a few months to educate myself before buying and I'm glad I did. I ordered a new Saturn Sky in 2006 so I have had the pleasure of getting all pumped up and WAITING for a new car. It was alot of fun, so let the waiting begin.
Show-Me-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Congrats & welcome! I grew up in the Fenton, Arnold area. Miss it every once in awhile, but not in the winter lol. You made a great choice!

Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
cerberus

Drives: 2010 CGM
Congrats and welcome from St. Peters, there are a lot of people from St. Louis on this board and btw I have a 2SS CGM coming soon. Can't wait... This board is addicting and the members are great.

Enjoy
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Congrats on your order. Hopefully the wait won't be too long for you.
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
r0cketdr

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
From Alabama... congratulations. Sounds like a great car and a good deal. Welcome
r0cketdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show-Me-SS View Post
Hello everyone this is Show-Me-SS. I just ordered a 1SS today from Elco Chevy in St. Louis. I got the 6th allocation of the 9 the dealer has available. I was going to wait until next year but went to the car show on Friday and then to the dealer on Sat. My salesman called me tonight to say the order was placed and was at the code 1100 with the code R6P. He is going to mail me my workbench sheet with the order number tomorrow. I am paying MSRP with any incentives that are available at delivery. I qualify for the supplier discount so I should get that but he said until its official from GM he can't promise anything. I put down a $500 refundable deposit. The car will be a 1SS color is IBM with black cloth, RS package, and Boston Acoustic stereo. I have been lurking here for a few months to educate myself before buying and I'm glad I did. I ordered a new Saturn Sky in 2006 so I have had the pleasure of getting all pumped up and WAITING for a new car. It was alot of fun, so let the waiting begin.
Ok, now I'm really confused. I have my order with Elco too. On Manchester right? I've been told since the beginning that they have an allocation of 19 (which I am #3). And as of a couple weeks ago, they only had about 3-4 left. Did you place your order with Pat Stroker? If not, you may want to call up there and confirm your place in line. Pat has all the details on this car.

BTW - As far as elco is concerned, don't count on the discount. Trust me, I've tried. Don't veiw this as a bad thing thing. Some dealers are taking it, some arn't. We're just lucky enough to get it at retail. Of cource, you can still try for it when you go in to buy it.

Sean
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Cool

Quote:

Welcome to our Camaro forums.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Welcome from a fellow St. Louisan. Dude, don't worry about discounts. There will be plenty. GM is almost in bankruptcy, sales are down 49% from last year, and things are only getting worse. Another 8,000 people got laid off today. There is no way in hell there wont be discounts on a Camaro.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroinmo View Post
Welcome from a fellow St. Louisan. Dude, don't worry about discounts. There will be plenty. GM is almost in bankruptcy, sales are down 49% from last year, and things are only getting worse. Another 8,000 people got laid off today. There is no way in hell there wont be discounts on a Camaro.
You are right, But Elcho is a dealership that actually does quite well. Heck, they just opened their new showroom (very nice by the way). From there perspective, they are doing quite well. Putting it simply, they (elco) don't need the discounts to help them make the sale. They know that they can sell these cars in a blink of an eye. It does no good to tell them you will walk unless you honor the discount. They can sell it five minutes after I walk out.

The problem with using the whole "they need the money, no matter what" argument just doesn't work with this car. Actually, I was told that even the dealer that works there that ordered a Camaro won't get a discount on it. If he can't get, what chance do we have?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
You are right, But Elcho is a dealership that actually does quite well. Heck, they just opened their new showroom (very nice by the way). From there perspective, they are doing quite well. Putting it simply, they (elco) don't need the discounts to help them make the sale. They know that they can sell these cars in a blink of an eye. It does no good to tell them you will walk unless you honor the discount. They can sell it five minutes after I walk out.

The problem with using the whole "they need the money, no matter what" argument just doesn't work with this car. Actually, I was told that even the dealer that works there that ordered a Camaro won't get a discount on it. If he can't get, what chance do we have?
I'm not talking about Elco exclusively. I'm referring to GM as a whole. But, Elco does have Silverados on there lot offering rebates/discounts up to $8k off of msrp, so they discount. Also, I work with someone who ordered a SS from Elco, and he did get a discount below msrp simply because he is friends with someone who works there, so I'm sure the Elco employees will get discounts if they buy. I will buy from the closest dealer to me that will offer GMS pricing. No sweat if that is not Elco.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Welcome, Show-Me. I've lived in Florissant, St. Charles and St. Peters over the years. Never heard of Elco, of course I have been away for the last thirteen years. Enjoy the forum!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Show-Me-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Ok, now I'm really confused. I have my order with Elco too. On Manchester right? I've been told since the beginning that they have an allocation of 19 (which I am #3). And as of a couple weeks ago, they only had about 3-4 left. Did you place your order with Pat Stroker? If not, you may want to call up there and confirm your place in line. Pat has all the details on this car.

BTW - As far as elco is concerned, don't count on the discount. Trust me, I've tried. Don't veiw this as a bad thing thing. Some dealers are taking it, some arn't. We're just lucky enough to get it at retail. Of cource, you can still try for it when you go in to buy it.

Sean
I'm pretty sure he said 9 allocations, maybe you confused 19 with 9 are my salesman Mark told me wrong. I called on Jan 30th and he said they had 9 which I thought was low because they are a high volume dealer. He said they had 4 or 5 left which also surprised me. But either way were both in good shape. I'm not real concerned with my place in line he said I was priorty number 5 so I guess that means 5th in line. I am fortunate that I already have a Saturn Sky in the garage so the longer the wait the more I can save for a down payment. As far as discount's are concerned I'm not counting on any I figured MSRP was fine but I do qualify for the supplier discount and will ask for it if they won't give it to me I will probably still buy the car. I checked a few other dealerships in St. Louis and they wanted over sticker for a SS. I will NOT pay over sticker for any car. Thats just me I know some people will but I will wait until the hype dies down. The main reason I pulled the trigger now is because I think the price will increase in the near future. With my sky I bought right away and got the cheapest price. I order the sky in April and when it came in July the price already went up $1000 but I got the price when I ordered I assume the same holds true for the Camaro. After reading the post on this site I have come to believe that if you have a pre-order you will pay the MSRP at launch even if the car doesn't arrive at the dealership until Aug or Sept.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Show-Me-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Welcome, Show-Me. I've lived in Florissant, St. Charles and St. Peters over the years. Never heard of Elco, of course I have been away for the last thirteen years. Enjoy the forum!
Elco is on manchester rd in Ballwin, I would guess they have been around for about 20 years or so. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I have made some friends over on the Saturn Sky forum and we get together at times for local runs through the metro area. I hope to do the same with the Camaro.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
Sean_W

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he said 9 allocations, maybe you confused 19 with 9 are my salesman Mark told me wrong. I called on Jan 30th and he said they had 9 which I thought was low because they are a high volume dealer. He said they had 4 or 5 left which also surprised me. But either way were both in good shape. I'm not real concerned with my place in line he said I was priorty number 5 so I guess that means 5th in line. I am fortunate that I already have a Saturn Sky in the garage so the longer the wait the more I can save for a down payment. As far as discount's are concerned I'm not counting on any I figured MSRP was fine but I do qualify for the supplier discount and will ask for it if they won't give it to me I will probably still buy the car. I checked a few other dealerships in St. Louis and they wanted over sticker for a SS. I will NOT pay over sticker for any car. Thats just me I know some people will but I will wait until the hype dies down. The main reason I pulled the trigger now is because I think the price will increase in the near future. With my sky I bought right away and got the cheapest price. I order the sky in April and when it came in July the price already went up $1000 but I got the price when I ordered I assume the same holds true for the Camaro. After reading the post on this site I have come to believe that if you have a pre-order you will pay the MSRP at launch even if the car doesn't arrive at the dealership until Aug or Sept.
I'll contact my dealer to clarify the allocation. I just want to make sure we both get the right information. I ordered mine way back in October, and 19 has always been the number he's given me.