Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
2013 Ridler Award Winner

Not sure how many C5 members are into the "big" show-car scene, but I wanted to post this for anyone's appreciation of detail. My friend, Andy Leach, owns a new company called, "CAL Automotive Creations" here in Omaha, NE. His first project won the coveted "Ridler" award in Detroit yesterday, it's 50th anniversary, to be exact.

This is huge. Check out this '40 Ford Coupe called, "Checkered Past". It has a cool history. Unbelievable.

http://vimeo.com/m/60758559

http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/2...-ridler-award/

http://calautocreations.com

Last edited by strych9; 03-11-2013 at 03:25 PM.
strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
"....a passion driven art...."

It shows, the craftsmanship, the artistry....very impressive!

Congratulations on the award, well earned!

Thanks for sharing!

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I would love to have 1/4 the talent these guys have...of course those cars cost north of a million EACH and took a minimum of 3 years to build (In most cases). I met Chip Foose and toured his shop. Impression was there (I touched it...ok, the tire!). It was told to me that Chip starts at a quarter million for one of his one offs on your car and it goes up from there. He had a Riddler car on his weld bench at the time...just the frame and birdcage of the body. It was there that I learned how much goes into these cars and how much they cost. I don't know how I would chose between the 8 finalists...wow.