Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #141
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Ever heard of the GT500 SuperSnake? You can get GT500's for around MSRP now, so tack on the $30,000 for the 725hp SuperSnake package and it's cheaper than the Hennessey. Nice try though. And, as much as I hate myself for saying this, even though the Mustang will have less power it'll probably still sell more as always.

On a different note, have you passed the 2nd grade? You don't have one real sentence in your entire post. If you want to make a legitimate argument try not looking like an idiot. Also about not liking the US, last time I checked Ford is American. You might have gotten Ford confused with Budweiser, which has indeed sold out. It's understandable that you might get them confused with your low level of intelligence. Just remember it this way, Budweiser starts with a B and so does beer.

By the way I'm not trying to put down the Hennessey or the Camaro. They look sick, have a lot of power, and I'll be getting a Camaro. I'm just pointing out the Shelby is still has more power.
that was a little harsh, there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroTransAmFAM View Post
for the beginning of time mustangs always had issues with camaros and trans ams aint no way in hell is a slow ugly ass mustang will be in the rear veiw mirror of that ford mustake never ever,ever,ever,ever i hate fords the mustang is in hotter water now that the new camaro is on its way and the hennesey camaro????????????????????????????? ford dont have a car to compete with that camaro its to powerful and fast the ford gt was a joke and still is a joke GM 4 Life stop hating on the camaro i hate when people who dont like chevy,GM etc come on this site and display they're jealousy if u dont like US dont sign up on camaro5.com
after reading this, i do see where Bails is coming from. your post barely makes any sense. you should probably start with using a little more punctuation than 29 question marks in a row & a few commas, but that's just my opinion.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #142
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i could do it cheaper then that, (and i will)
Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 AM   #143
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Ever heard of the GT500 SuperSnake? You can get GT500's for around MSRP now, so tack on the $30,000 for the 725hp SuperSnake package and it's cheaper than the Hennessey. Nice try though. And, as much as I hate myself for saying this, even though the Mustang will have less power it'll probably still sell more as always.

On a different note, have you passed the 2nd grade? You don't have one real sentence in your entire post. If you want to make a legitimate argument try not looking like an idiot. Also about not liking the US, last time I checked Ford is American. You might have gotten Ford confused with Budweiser, which has indeed sold out. It's understandable that you might get them confused with your low level of intelligence. Just remember it this way, Budweiser starts with a B and so does beer.

By the way I'm not trying to put down the Hennessey or the Camaro. They look sick, have a lot of power, and I'll be getting a Camaro. I'm just pointing out the Shelby is still has more power.
If the shelby super snake still uses ford's weak 8.8" rear end, it won't be faster than the hennesy Camaro. What is the point of HP if you can't put it down to the ground?? Also the LS9 in the camaro is bullet proof, the 725hp version super snake explicity does not come with a warrenty at all who knows how long it will last.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #144
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
WOW! Now that i put my jaw back in place, I CAN'T BELIVE THIS! 717ft-lbs!! thats amazing!

I also didn't see this coming, it slapped me in the face like a slippery fish.

+10 agreed big time

slippery fish
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #145
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
If the shelby super snake still uses ford's weak 8.8" rear end, it won't be faster than the hennesy Camaro. What is the point of HP if you can't put it down to the ground?? Also the LS9 in the camaro is bullet proof, the 725hp version super snake explicity does not come with a warrenty at all who knows how long it will last.
Myth. The 8.8 rear under the GT500 is more than capable of handling the hp/tq put out by the SuperSnake. I've made quite a few 1/4 mile passes in the past year making more hp/tq than the SuperSnake, and also driving it every day. So far, 20K miles later, I've had zero issues with the 8.8 in the car.

Now, maybe if I were to switch to a full slick and launch the car at 4K+ at the strip, then I might need to step up, but I don't have plans to do that. Just to reiterate, the 8.8 rear in the GT500 is NOT the same 8.8 rear used in the Mustang GT.

As for a warranty, your speaking of a factory warranty. I doubt the Hennessey Camaro will carry a GM warranty any more than the SuperSnake carries a Ford warranty. The fact of the matter is, if you can afford the car, chances are you could give a rats ass about a warranty anyway. I voided the powertrain warranty on my car within a few days of owning it.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #146
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Myth. The 8.8 rear under the GT500 is more than capable of handling the hp/tq put out by the SuperSnake. I've made quite a few 1/4 mile passes in the past year making more hp/tq than the SuperSnake, and also driving it every day. So far, 20K miles later, I've had zero issues with the 8.8 in the car.

Now, maybe if I were to switch to a full slick and launch the car at 4K+ at the strip, then I might need to step up, but I don't have plans to do that. Just to reiterate, the 8.8 rear in the GT500 is NOT the same 8.8 rear used in the Mustang GT.

As for a warranty, your speaking of a factory warranty. I doubt the Hennessey Camaro will carry a GM warranty any more than the SuperSnake carries a Ford warranty. The fact of the matter is, if you can afford the car, chances are you could give a rats ass about a warranty anyway. I voided the powertrain warranty on my car within a few days of owning it.

Well said .. unfortunately you are on a Camaro site and there are those that will bash a Ford when they have the chance ... I myself like both and to date the best car I have owned was my 2004 Mustang Cobra ....

Crowley
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #147
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Seriously at 109,000 he was drinking too much hennesey lol
Old 01-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #148
Bails

Drives: 07 Mustang
I realize I was a little harsh and I do realize this is a Camaro forum where people will bash Ford and have every right to. I've bashed Ford on this site for the new Mustang, I just find it very hard to try and bash the SuperSnake. Like I said I didn't mean to take anything away from the Camaro or Hennessey, people like that just piss me off.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #149
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGazinya View Post
+ Infinity, can't wait to see it in person. ")
Old 01-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #150
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
They rather pay that guy with a bigger name, than from the actually community. Im not hard to find. Im on and mentioned in all three major 5th gen forums.

As for the design:

-Stock bumper but with my ZR1 styled front splitter idea
-Stock side skirts, but with ZR1 styled carbon fiber piece attached
-Hood with LS9 window idea that I used
-Uses the paint scheme from the GT500KR production concept
-Used the brake idea and ZR1 wheels like I did
-Looks like a cheap black powercoated billet grille design that every Tom, Dick, and Harry that prolly will have on ebay in eight months

Sometimes I wonder if the people that make that money that I wish I chance to earn, actually think up there own stuff.

With as much as someone was to pay for this car, Henny could at least bother to change the urethane parts out for custom piece like I thought up.
I made a one-off design and THEN used ZR1 bits to finish it off. They just used ZR1 bits to make it. This actually pisses me off in my book.

Not to sound arrogant, but I really think Hennessey stole my designs from my Z28 concept that spread across the internet a few month ago. I wish I could do something about it.

My design wouldnt be hard to find even if Hennessey didnt look on the forums. The blogs and its pops up on the first page of a Google search.

Then they prolly got a photoshop artist on staff to rendering the one they have.

to Compare:

warbird81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #151
TheStig
Tame Racing Driver

Drives: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
That thing might actually run right with the ZR1. If I had the money for either, it would come down to a personal track test for both
Yea because weight doesn't matter at all right?

This thing is stupid, for $110k you might as well get a ZR1, it's better in every way.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #152
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Yea because weight doesn't matter at all right?

This thing is stupid, for $110k you might as well get a ZR1, it's better in every way.
What's weight?!?! I've never heard of such a thing...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #153
camaroART

Drives: 84 CAMARO BERLINETTA+
this to the dude with the gt500 during preproduction road testing the guys from gm said they no longer brought any mustangs along. because it just does'nt compare.the mustang while it's cute in a girlsh kind of way just does'nt equal the camaro.it's just the way it is. i've nothing against mustang as i owned a 87 LX that was custom painted with after market wheels and tires. i liked it but while the mustang lived on the driveway,my camaro wastucked away in my garage nice and clean and dry
camaroART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #154
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
Base price for the 2010 HPE700 Camaro is $109,500.
Woohoo!!!!!!! I'm buying that as... soon as.... it--, oh right, can't afford it...

Love the car tho...