Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
KIDS AND KOPS TOGETHER EVERY DAY

HEY CAMARO5..... Pls give me your comments and feedback to my project of having kids and kops together every day in every Canadian school

PROJECT : La Fondation Kid Kop Foundation......

WHO?
Police officers and students

What?

Have a small office at the main entrance of every Canadian school with the sign

.............."Protected by your local police " ...................

with the help of car manufacturers, car dealers, petroleum companies, coffee producers, distributors as well as food distributors, restaurants and coffee shops

Where?
In all Canadian schools

Why?
To:
1 Improve kid and kop relations
2 Improve the everyday lives of our kids and our kops
3 Reduce school entry by intruders
4 Reduce loss of life of KIDS and KOPS

HOW?
As part of their routine, all police officers must drop in at a school at least once per day.
The school principal makes sure that a fresh pot of coffee is always brewing in the small police office.
Kops can be at bus stops in the morning or in the afternoon, can take a walk around the school, can even have lunch in the student cafeteria. The sky's the limit with no minimum and no maximum. The key is visibility even if only for a minute or two while kids are growing up from 5-15.

WHEN?
Before the next tragedy :upset:

PS MAYBE THE NEXT TIME A GUY POINTS A GUN AT A KOP ....HE MIGHT ACTUALLY NOT PULL THE TRIGGER AS HE MAY HAVE A FLASHBACK TO HIS YOUTH!

Last edited by camaro99; 03-06-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: To get responses
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
CAMARO5 COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS WANTED : WAYS TO BRING KIDS AND KOPS TOGETHER ON A DAILY BASIS .

I have been working on a societal project to:

1 Improve the lives of our kids and our kops
2 Improve the relations between the two groups
3 Increase school security without much cost

Any ideas would be welcomed keeping in mind where kids and kops spend most of their day during the week

THANK YOU
Great idea! In Montreal we have a bike squad where officers learn how to maintain and repair bikes.Well when spring appeared the officers did a bike clinic where all the kids were invited to show up with there bikes and the officers gave them safety tips (deflectors missing etc etc) and tuned the bikes up for the the kids for the summer(tightened chains,air in tires etc).Kids loved it and they had our cavalry division show up too, soo needless to say it was a great event.
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
Ohhh forgot too mention this was a local initiative.It wasnt what we call "corporate".We did this from our neighbourhood police station and our 4 bike patrollers.
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
camaro99

Excellent initiative ! This is so important to build relationships with the kids as they grow up! You guys need the respect from young kids ...boys.... early in life before they grow up and become a problem!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
camaro99

KID KOP FOUNDATION $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-stang View Post
Ohhh forgot too mention this was a local initiative.It wasnt what we call "corporate".We did this from our neighbourhood police station and our 4 bike patrollers.

The idea is to have every police officer visit at least one Canadian school every day even for just a minute, perhaps have a free coffee and say Hi to some of the staff and students!

In 2006 , a girl was killed on the job in Montreal.

Her mom asked me to get some recognition and some compensation for her daughter from the employer.

The approach I used with the employer in June 2008 ,was one of out of court friendly approach ..........a foundation in the name of her daughter of $10 for every Canadian kid.

Three months later, the employer gave 100 000$ , a drop in the bucket for this big gas company from the Netherlands.

Our minister of education and of justice as well as your police director were impressed with the approach and with the 100 000 result.

The 45 Police officers spoken to so far like the idea.

The foundation would help pay for a small office at the main entrance of every Canadian educational institution.

I hope to approach the big Canadian coffee establishments to help this idea come to fruition.

My background is education :16 yrs as a Pe teacher and 16 yrs as a HS VP.
I took police force entrance exams before deciding to teach PE.

I would appreciate feedback and ideas from my Camaro5 North American friends

Last edited by camaro99; 02-19-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
camaro99

feedback wanted ....
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
So i take it you mean bridging the gap between our youth and police officers (Cops)?

Well it soo happens to be that i am an active volunteer for Peel Police. Our goal is to bridge the gap between members of our community and our officers.
Being 18, i have always had alot of respect for our officers, but i do know alot of teenagers who dont.
Im part of the events sub commitee as well and we have already set up 6 events this year. All of which youth and general members will be able to approach and talk to our fellow officers and build relationships.
As for the small offices in schools, its a great idea however im not sure it is very feaseable although i hope we can make it happen, it is a great idea.
In our division, we have NPUs, which are neighborhood policing units for those who dont know. These officers are each assigned a specific school or two in which they attend/montior/educate.
These officers are based there and their presence is great. My school NPU was a great Police officer. We ended up forming a great relationship and he stated that he would be my reference for when i apply for Peel Police.
Your idea is great and i would love to help make it happen.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:29 AM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Do you have NPUs in your area?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
camaro99

Cool

Hey thats great .

However..Community police officers in Quebec are assigned to only certain troubled schools.
Its an after the fact approach which is to keep a lid on things.
Its preventative but again only after an serious incident of violence or drug problem that the school administration cannot stop.

Im glad you understand where im coming from in terms of bridging the gap.
What im trying to achieve is many many things

Basically:
If 5-12 old KIDS see and say hi or wave to a KOP everyday at school ,say a minimum few seconds at the bus drop off in the am and KOPS see many kids every day and then they visit those same kids high school when there 12-16 yr old ,
those kids and those Kops will have grown up together.
ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE.... YOU will then have the majority of each group (KIDS and KOPS) have a real appreciation for each other....the sky is the limit with positive outcomes including less dead kids and less dead kops !

I will be approaching TIM HORTON's at one point to get things brewing
Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
camaro99

Asking all Gen5 kops and kids for ideas and comments
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
camaro99

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
So i take it you mean bridging the gap between our youth and police officers (Cops)?

Well it soo happens to be that i am an active volunteer for Peel Police. Our goal is to bridge the gap between members of our community and our officers.
Being 18, i have always had alot of respect for our officers, but i do know alot of teenagers who dont.
Im part of the events sub commitee as well and we have already set up 6 events this year. All of which youth and general members will be able to approach and talk to our fellow officers and build relationships.
As for the small offices in schools, its a great idea however im not sure it is very feaseable although i hope we can make it happen, it is a great idea.
In our division, we have NPUs, which are neighborhood policing units for those who dont know. These officers are each assigned a specific school or two in which they attend/montior/educate.
These officers are based there and their presence is great. My school NPU was a great Police officer. We ended up forming a great relationship and he stated that he would be my reference for when i apply for Peel Police.
Your idea is great and i would love to help make it happen.
DID U hear about the lockdown at a HS in Quebec yesterday.
The school was in that lockdown mode for over 4 hours because a teen had what appeared to be a gun.:upset::upset:

The problem with the Quebec ministry of Education is that they leave it up to individual school boards to govern school access. In December a local news station went into 6 diffrent high schools with a hidden camera and only 1 out of 6 schools questionned the news guy who by that point was well into the building!

I guess they just dont get it yet. Maybe when a politician's child gets hurt by an intruder that the gov will react.

KID KOP OUR SCHOOLS NOW!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
camaro99

The idea is to have every police officer visit at least one Canadian school every day even for just a minute, perhaps have a free coffee and say Hi to some of the staff and students!
Old 02-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #13
camaro99

Cool

PLEASE LOOK AT REVISED EDITION AT TOP OF THIS THREAD >>>>COMMENTS SUGESTIONS
Old 02-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #14
camaro99

[SIZE="2"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
HEY CAMARO5..... What do you think?.... ideas and feedback appreciated

WHO?
Police officers and students

What?
Have a small office at the main entrance of every Canadian school with the sign

.............."Protected by your local police force" ...................

with the help of car manufacturers/dealers, petroleum companies, coffee producers/distributors and food distributors/restaurants

Where?
In all Canadian schools

Why?
To:
1 Improve kid and kop relations

2 Improve the everyday lives of our kids and our kops
3 Reduce school entry by intruders

4 Reduce loss of life of KIDS and KOPS

How?

Police officers must drop in once per day as part of their routine.

WHEN?
Before the next tragedy :upset:

Small picture of some of the violence in Canada :
Age of most victims* 17-25
Age of most officers 23-29

1987 Montreal...............Anthony Griffin...and detective G.
1989 Polytechnique...... 23 victims.........and Marc L.
2005 Toronto .............. Jane Creba........and street gang
2006 Montreal.............. Brigitte Serre.....and Sebastien S.
2006 Montreal Dawson.. .20 victims.........and Kimveer G.
2006 Alberta..................4 Officers.........and ?
2007 Laval....................Officer Gignac....and ?
2008 Laval................... Officer Tessier...and P.
2008 Montreal...............Freddy V...........and officer L.
2009 ??

53 victims
28 deceased

Last edited by camaro99; 03-06-2010 at 04:22 AM.