Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
what is that silver thermos thing just in front of your battery terminal? is that where you relocated your windshield washer reservoir? (if it is you got any more pictures of how you did it?) or is it some kind of a catch can? or do you just like to keep your coffee warm on your way to work?

awesome engine compartment! i just bought the ADM race intake also cant wait to get it and install it.
Thanks for the kudos! It's almost there... I've gotten a couple of PM's about the bottle, so...

Yes, that's my replacement Washer Bottle. I like the look better than the Washer Fluid Bag some use.... although that's a great more-OEM type solution. I like the bottle better though.

I got the water bottle at Walmart - cost: $8. I got it in the sporting good section, near the coolers... it's a 26oz. size, "Outdoor Living" brand, and the little logo came right off with some brake cleaner. Nice part about this, different colors are available! Also, Walmart puts water bottles in at least three places throughout the store, so look around to find one you like/want.

The mount was made for me, at least the one I use now, but it started out with just a hose clamp and a 10mm nut to hold it down... using the "left over" factory mount from where the CAI mounted to the car.

In terms of the setup, I drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the water bottle and used a 1/4" grommet with some 1/4" factor washer hose... the grommets and the washer hose were at AutoZone, cost: about $8 together.

That's it for parts... get your hole drilled, put in the grommet with a little silicone... let that dry... then clip the end of the washer hose to an extremely steep angle and stick it in the bottom of the bottle with just enough hose inserted to ensure no leakage, etc... the extremely steep angle of the cut end ensures that water gets into the hose, even at low water levels in the bottle.

I then ran the hose in ADM airbox and hooked it to the factory washer bottle pump, which pop's right out of the factory water bottle.... hook the other end of the pump up to the existing washer hose to complete the circuit, so to speak, and voila! - 26oz of washer fluid on demand.

Just make sure the level/height of the pump is below the height/level of the bottom of the water bottle.. this way gravity is always feeding water into the pump.

I hope this helps, PM me if you have other questions.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
thanks! makes sense to me! thanks for the ideas!
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote