The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
lukeC7

Drives: Crystal red Z51 3LT Mag ride III
297 C7 Z51's in dealer showrooms nationwide!!

Guys, go to www.cars.com and search "NEW CORVETTE STINGRAY" with your zip code and the mileage radius you are willing to travel. Click "style" and it will show Z51 cars. I wanted crystal red but still found cars at 150 and 27 miles! Drove 27 miles in a blinding rain storm and bought the car (waited three days to drive it home in sunny weather). The bottom line is, today 11-04-13 there are 297 C7 Z51's in dealer showrooms nationwide!!! GO GET YOURS!!

lukeC7

p.s. I paid MSRP and am happy about it because the car is fantastic!!! Chevy hit a Grand Slam home run with this car! I think it is worth 150k, but don't tell the dealer that until after you make the deal, ha

Last edited by lukeC7; 11-04-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: To add info
lukeC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Slight caveat: cars.com sometimes shows vehicles still waiting to be shipped and sometimes shows vehicles that are retail sold orders. Therefore, many of the 297 will not actually be available for a customer walking in off the street at the moment of walk in.

I would be surprised if even one third are actually unclaimed as of this moment.

So if you see one and it is not in your neighborhood I strongly suggest calling ahead to make sure it is on the ground and do not be surprised when you arrive it is not.

This is a post based on both my personal experience and experiences of others who responded to my caveat and discovered it was factual.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
jb306y

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I checked around my area and the dealers are listing about dozen or more C7's for sale on their websites. I called and all are sold, and they haven't updated their sites. Some have pre-ordered customers cars on their sites. Only found 2 cars available locally, and they are not very good combo's... no performance exhausts,,, LOL.
jb306y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Yup! Many if not all those cars.com results Z51 and non-Z51 are pre-sold units... been like that since day one and I expect it to be until the demand slows/dies down. Best bet of course is to call the dealer directly and inquire with the stock # or VIN # in hand.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
It won't change. Being a Corvette or a Z51 has nothing to do with how a car is listed on cars.com. It appears to me some dealers have the option to not have cars listed that are retail sold orders or are not yet at the dealership. One of those puzzles that has no solution for someone like me looking from the outside.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote