Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Might have a 1LE lined up soon....

I called a dealer not in my immediate area asking about the 1le and was told one was coming in soon and it was almost like what I would order,now the salesperson is not very well schooled on these cars as I learned from our conversation,but anyway I plan on going to the bank and see what deal I can get and may have one by april,blkonblk2SS/RSNPP/NAV,I'm just hoping that this dealer is not going to be difficult to deal with and ruin the deal,because I'm not falling for any tricks like I did in my earlier years of car buying,wish me luck I really want this as my B-Day gift
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I bought mine through the Costco auto program,which means the dealer has someone to answer to! If your not a Costco member you might want to think about it,not every dealer is one.You need to call Costco and find a dealer.The car you want isn't sold which means any dealer can get it.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
LikaRokBowTie

Yeah my bank has a program also,is there a way to check to see if the dealer is on the costco list?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Good luck. Hope you get what you want even if this isn't the car for you.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
LikaRokBowTie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Good luck. Hope you get what you want even if this isn't the car for you.
Thanks,I miss having a Camaro after my 02SS which I should have kept but sold to get a truck,now I'm glad I've had to wait to get another because this 1LE is frigggin awesome and while it's not exactly like I would order it don't want to pass it up really,not really sure about having a black car again but it sure would be stealth like and scare the crap out of the other Camaros in my area
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Thanks,I miss having a Camaro after my 02SS which I should have kept but sold to get a truck,now I'm glad I've had to wait to get another because this 1LE is frigggin awesome and while it's not exactly like I would order it don't want to pass it up really,not really sure about having a black car again but it sure would be stealth like and scare the crap out of the other Camaros in my area
I had a buddy with a black 2002 SS auto and I got to drive it quite a bit. If this 1LE is anywhere close to that type of acceleration I will be extremely happy. It's been years but I still remember how it pushed me back in the seat and that will be the car I compare the 1LE to.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
LikaRokBowTie

Oh let me tell you the 02 has nothing on these new Camaros,I drove a 1LE and that thing moved out fast your talking a 100 hp difference now and that 02 couldn't corner as well as a houseboat but it was fast.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Oh let me tell you the 02 has nothing on these new Camaros,I drove a 1LE and that thing moved out fast your talking a 100 hp difference now and that 02 couldn't corner as well as a houseboat but it was fast.
They have more power...but they're also heavier. I equated my LS3 SS when it was bone stock, to just about even with my previous 4th gen LS1 car when it had headers/exhaust/intake/tuning as far as acceleration...but it's also WAY more refined, drives much nicer, and feels a lot better all around.

...doesn't mean I don't miss my 4th gen, and I certainly want to get another one some day.

Good luck with the 1LE. I've been collecting 1LE suspension parts to add to my SS for a few weeks now...not the same as a 1LE, but it's the closest I can get for now lol.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Check out PenFed for financing, best rates period for new and used cars....less than 2%!

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I called a dealer not in my immediate area asking about the 1le and was told one was coming in soon and it was almost like what I would order,now the salesperson is not very well schooled on these cars as I learned from our conversation,but anyway I plan on going to the bank and see what deal I can get and may have one by april,blkonblk2SS/RSNPP/NAV,I'm just hoping that this dealer is not going to be difficult to deal with and ruin the deal,because I'm not falling for any tricks like I did in my earlier years of car buying,wish me luck I really want this as my B-Day gift

Let us know if you end up purchasing one! We are sure you are excited.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Check out PenFed for financing, best rates period for new and used cars....less than 2%!
Most good local credit unions are there too...I've got my car at 1.9% from a small local bank.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote