Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
plowxman
Starsky

Drives: 2012 V8 SIM SS/RS
Another Technostalgia problem

I have my lights all hooked up properly, so i thought. everything works until i turn my lights on. the outside passenger light decides it does not want to stay on. all the other lights work properly besides the outside passenger light when i turn the lights on automatically. any ideas?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Make sure all of the connections are good and tight.
Make sure all of the pin switches in all four lamps are set to the same positions.
Make sure the plug inside the lamp is inserted in the bulb socket correctly.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
plowxman
Starsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
Make sure all of the connections are good and tight.
Make sure all of the pin switches in all four lamps are set to the same positions.
Make sure the plug inside the lamp is inserted in the bulb socket correctly.
Thank you sir, just had to flip flop the plug into the where the bulb goes. thanks again C5 family for the help!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
And there we are, blaming the lights. There are so many threads about the lights that they don't work, they are junk, to much money for lights they don't work. And all it is, people tend to rush and blame the manufacturer.
Take your time to install them, make sure you follow instructions and all is fine..
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
plowxman
Starsky

I'm not blaming anyone. Maybe the wordage sounded so but def not. I love my lights I pay the steep price for quality prices. Now if they do go out or something happens I expect good customer service which I received while the problems I had. Thank you tech nostalgia customer service and camaro 5 for the help!

iPhone TapTalk
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
BADMAB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowxman View Post
Thank you sir, just had to flip flop the plug into the where the bulb goes. thanks again C5 family for the help!
This happens a lot (less than it did though). 9.9/10 times I receive an e-mail about the lights, that is the 1st suggestion I make (check the bulb harness).

Todd has added a few supplementary instructions to help, but I have suggested he shoot a few quick videos to help further.

I'm glad to hear you got your lights working though!
BADMAB is offline   Reply With Quote