Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
lingenfelter package with stock transmission / rear end?

i was checking out the site. looked at the 570hp package since that is in my price range. i noticed there were no trans or rear end upgrades. can the stock stuff handle that much more power?
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
For a while. Really though with added power it finds a weak link.

If your car can't put that much power to the road, then it's safer.

Automatic trans is smoother on driveline parts too.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
i was checking out the site. looked at the 570hp package since that is in my price range. i noticed there were no trans or rear end upgrades. can the stock stuff handle that much more power?
"can the stock stuff handle that much more power?"
the car should be able to take it, for a while.
Eventually it can catch up to you.. you want to play you gotta pay.
I'll buy a trans or Rear end section if I break it.

There should be better parts coming out as well. I'm sure there will be a few new parts announcements at SEMA coming up in first week of November.

there is an upgrade to the rear half shafts to a larger diameter. LPE sells them.

some people are ordering stall converters for the automatics.

The car is still too new. Once Gear sets are out, people will do them as well.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Jeff@Lingenfelter

Drives: 1966 Chevy II/1968 Camaro
True there are and will be better components come out with the demands of the customers that find the weak links. Its really all relative to how each and every car is used. Most will just spin the power off and won't hurt the car. Some will put a sticky tire on it and make them weekend warrior. Those are the guys that will find the weak points. We are in the process of some very nice upcoming products, so stay in touch!

Jeff
Jeff@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter View Post
True there are and will be better components come out with the demands of the customers that find the weak links. Its really all relative to how each and every car is used. Most will just spin the power off and won't hurt the car. Some will put a sticky tire on it and make them weekend warrior. Those are the guys that will find the weak points. We are in the process of some very nice upcoming products, so stay in touch!

Jeff
I look forward to some of the upcoming products. I have been running on stock tires so far (3500 miles) and a lot of spinning, which is ok. If your not at a dead stop, the car actually hooks pretty good on the street. Everything has held up just fine but will definately look at upgrading some more next year. One more thing - LPE has done a great job with my car and I would definately recommend them to anyone!!! Awesome - just Awesome
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter View Post

Jeff
sweet. did not know we had a lpe guy on here.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
jerseymike68
Account Suspended

Drives: black
nice sources here
jerseymike68 is offline   Reply With Quote