Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Suge3523
Chevy Ridin' High

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
BowTie Removal

Quick question.. How do I remove the bowtie off the front and back of my car?
2012 Camaro RS - EXTERIOR: Plasti-Dipped Rims, Blacked Out Lights/Emblems, MRT V1 Exhausts, with more to come. INTERIOR: Red FootWell Lights, One 12" KICKER CVR W/1200 Watt HYPHONICS Amplifier, with more to come.
Suge3523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Bow Tie Removal

The Front Bowtie had tabs that snap into holes on the mounting plate.Reaching behind the bowtie you can press on the tabs to release them. Take your time,to get all 4 tabs released.On the rear,the bowtie is held on with double sided tape.I put some blue painters tape on the area above,and below the emblem.Then take a piece of string or fishing line and using both hands run the line up under one end of the emblem using a sawing motion.This will release the tape so you can remove the emblem.Real easy job,Good Luck.--
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytahoe View Post
The Front Bowtie had tabs that snap into holes on the mounting plate.Reaching behind the bowtie you can press on the tabs to release them. Take your time,to get all 4 tabs released.On the rear,the bowtie is held on with double sided tape.I put some blue painters tape on the area above,and below the emblem.Then take a piece of string or fishing line and using both hands run the line up under one end of the emblem using a sawing motion.This will release the tape so you can remove the emblem.Real easy job,Good Luck.--
+1 I also recommend getting some glue remover like goo gone (sold at pepboys) whatever you get make sure its safe for cars. Spray it on and let it sit for a min then start with the string. It makes it SO much easier to remove and helps remove the left over glue on the car.