Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Sorry Guys but I got a SS

Well after 21 fun months I had to go back to my dark side. Late B-day present, A VR 2012 2SS RS M6 with sunroof was delivered last night to the house Only M6/sunroof in Cali/Az around, all others were auto but I'm a stick guy and I missed it. Named him "The Red Baron" at least for now.

Doris loves the adjustable passenger seat and the backup camara is great!
FE4 suspension is taught and balanced and the car doesnt feel nose heavy at all. Stripes will be added not sure on color yet but probably black.Power is just what I needed and mods only will be cai and axelback.

I liked Blackbee and is a great car and no problems at all but I couldnt make it me no matter what I did, Just a old V8 guy and it kept nagging at me for the past year and alot more lately. Also tired of black as I get older, tired of spending to much time on it and red is easier to keep clean.

I'm glad I waited as I like the changes to the 2012's and Blackbee since 2010 also helped me deal with my Mom's death, had something else to focus on.I hope they find a good home for him.

I will remove the Injen,TB, sways and springs, but may keep those, D/T Shorties and the MRT V2's. catch can I may keep but not sure can use on v8, if not that also.Oh yeah the black painted radiator cover. Just wish I could remove all the sigs on the shock towers and put on the new car, not sure that isnt cheating though

Well its been fun and I will be around here still to check in but I have been reducing forum time a bit anyway to work on the house and workout.

Oh yeah if I see nasty v8 vs v6 crap I will sure jump in and straighten them out!
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
GbrilliantQ
ˇʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Congrats! I'm in the process of moving on to 2SS/RS myself.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats, nothing better than owning an SS
Old 10-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Hate to see ya go blackbee....we've had some good conversations over the past year or so about the six-banger lol. But I saw you had posted in another thread that you would be making the switch so I was expecting a thread like this sooner or later!

I'm sure your happy with the 2012 as I also really like the new interior tweaks they've done.

I hope we manage to keep most of our fellow V6 brethren lol...but then again it really isn't a suprise to me that we see several V6 owners moving to the SS. Thats to be expected in my mind.

SS just doesn't make financial sense for me so there is no way I'll make the move anytime soon and honestly I have no desire to move to any Camaro of another color. It would have to be ABM and that would make for a difficult search! Maybe down the road I'll end up in a 6th gen SS or something lol.

Not sure what you'd want for your ported TB, but I'd be curious. Feel free to PM me if you want about it.

Take it easy man!
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hate to see ya go blackbee....we've had some good conversations over the past year or so about the six-banger lol. But I saw you had posted in another thread that you would be making the switch so I was expecting a thread like this sooner or later!

I'm sure your happy with the 2012 as I also really like the new interior tweaks they've done.

I hope we manage to keep most of our fellow V6 brethren lol...but then again it really isn't a suprise to me that we see several V6 owners moving to the SS. Thats to be expected in my mind.

SS just doesn't make financial sense for me so there is no way I'll make the move anytime soon and honestly I have no desire to move to any Camaro of another color. It would have to be ABM and that would make for a difficult search! Maybe down the road I'll end up in a 6th gen SS or something lol.

Not sure what you'd want for your ported TB, but I'd be curious. Feel free to PM me if you want about it.

Take it easy man!
Yep its been fun and we sure did alot on here with all the mods finding out what does and doesn't work. Took a hit $ wise but got 24000 for blackbee and 2000 of on this one and put more down so payments only $15 a month more at 2.69%, and ins up only $14 a month.This for me may be my last car before I retire , and my last true muscle car as I keep them 10+ years, or untill they pry it out of my cold dead hands!

Your young and a long ways to go so there will be something out there for you in the future for sure, but If I had the ABM I wouldn't trade either or keep it if possible.

I'll talk to you about the TB, just have to get it all sorted out first.
I'll be around still so say hi
Old 10-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
If you have never driven a V6, don't be putting them down. I will always stand up for the V6.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Blackbee - sorry to see you switch but at the same time happy for ya! Congrats on the Red Baron!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
congrats I gotta get that tb spacer lol heard good things. gl with new car
Old 10-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Glad for you bee and thanks for being a great supporter for the V6.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
congrats man enjoy!!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
What is the FE suspension all about?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
What is the FE suspension all about?
Thanks everyone!

The FE4 I have heard has revalved shocks that are firmer but yet better riding and more balanced. The other is larger sway bars but I dont know if anything else. Im sure we will get the official data soon or I just have to look for it.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Congrats. heck, whatever make you happy
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
OMG!! Another one? Such a traitor.

Just j/k black bee. lol You made an absolutely perfect choice!

Totally understand the part where you said no matter what you did you just couldn't make it "you". Now looking back the 10 month I had with my car so far.. I probably would have went with my original purchase that was only waiting for my signature on the contract. I am not going to say it was a mistake or am I saying the V6 is a bad car, but knowing what I know now and with what I am trying to acomplish there are and "there was" better options. You said you are just a old v8 guy? I guess it's safe to say that I am a guy that's been spoiled by the 4 door AWD with a big spoiler on the back for close to 11 years and the pppsshhhhh!!

The most important thing I forgot about buying a car is that you have to be 110% satisfied with your purchase and know the purpose of your choice.

3 babies a fiance, and almost 5 years of driving a hauler will make you forget that very quickly

Have fun! you only live once.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote