Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
NCShooter

Drives: 1LT
Anyone want my '10 1LT/RS?

After the dealer pissed me off, I have no desire to deal with them or even take official delivery of the car. The car is sitting -- right now -- in their showroom. It's already been purchased by me, insured, etc. I had agreed to let them keep it there "for a few days until the next one comes in". Turns out their estimation of time was complete BS - they have no clue. It's been 12 days and still no joy. All they can tell me is that the others are in transit. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me - I'm the kind of person that if you can't give me solid numbers I have no desire to deal with you. Corporate has been no help... so rather than deal with it any further, I'd prefer to find a different car at a different dealer all together.

If anyone is interested:

-1LT, red/black w/ connectivity, RS and auto
-Bumblebee package (black glossy) stripes & gill kit ordered from aftermarket, should be here in 2-3 days
-None of the onstar/XM stuff has been activated yet
-Has 14 miles on it total, 10 of which were mine on the first test drive.

29 for the whole shebang. If no one picks it up, then I'll just void my current deal with them - which I am legally entitled to do - and sell the stripes when they arrive here on the forum. I'd rather the car go to someone who wants it (take a slight loss) rather than a random walk in.

Car is located in North Carolina, PM me if anyone is interested.
NCShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
If youve paid for the car and done all the paperwork they legally can not hold it there. Why you agreed to it, I dont know but screw them. Go get your Camaro.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Yeah, I'd call the police!
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
Who is this dealer? When did you order? That is just not right that they wont give you your car....they can't hold it hostage like that. This should be made public so they can face consequences for the way they treat their customers....people need to be aware of this CRAP.
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
If you bought it,insured and such. Its yours. Tiem to go pick it up buddy.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
NCShooter

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
If youve paid for the car and done all the paperwork they legally can not hold it there. Why you agreed to it, I dont know but screw them. Go get your Camaro.
Because they were very helpful at first, and I was returning the favor. Logistically I had to get my garage squared away (epoxy was going down that day) so it would work out fine. However, that favor runs out fast as the clock ticks. What went to "should be by Friday" turned into "we have no idea....". They then claim I can get it by the 31'st regardless of if another one comes in So that would be >3 weeks if the clock ran out to the 31st.

Perhaps someone has more patience than I do.
NCShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
It does not matter, it is your car and they cannot legally hold on to your car. Tell them, sorry, but it's been long enough and I'm driving home right now. If the deal is done, insured etc. it is gameover.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCShooter View Post
After the dealer pissed me off, I have no desire to deal with them or even take official delivery of the car. The car is sitting -- right now -- in their showroom. It's already been purchased by me, insured, etc. I had agreed to let them keep it there "for a few days until the next one comes in". Turns out their estimation of time was complete BS - they have no clue. It's been 12 days and still no joy. All they can tell me is that the others are in transit. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me - I'm the kind of person that if you can't give me solid numbers I have no desire to deal with you. Corporate has been no help... so rather than deal with it any further, I'd prefer to find a different car at a different dealer all together.

If anyone is interested:

-1LT, red/black w/ connectivity, RS and auto
-Bumblebee package (black glossy) stripes & gill kit ordered from aftermarket, should be here in 2-3 days
-None of the onstar/XM stuff has been activated yet
-Has 14 miles on it total, 10 of which were mine on the first test drive.

29 for the whole shebang. If no one picks it up, then I'll just void my current deal with them - which I am legally entitled to do - and sell the stripes when they arrive here on the forum. I'd rather the car go to someone who wants it (take a slight loss) rather than a random walk in.

Car is located in North Carolina, PM me if anyone is interested.
Hmmmm. you probably should've made a different kind of deal with them. Instead of saying you'd let them keep 'for a few days', you could've said they could keep it for a set number of days regardless of when their next car comes in. They probably wouldn't have even been able to give you a for sure time when their next car would come in.....it's kind of a guessing game by everyone at this point.

I'd make them give you the car. It's yours.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
Oshawan

Drives: Camaro
Depending on how much "friction" there is between you and the dealer, you-give them the timeline, (say another week) and then pick it up. A quick call to your lawyer will make everything clear.
Good Luck
PS: Which stripes did you get?
Oshawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Sounds like..., go get your car!!!!!!!..... you are gonna regret this.... What dealer in NC
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #11
bcudm

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT RJT
there is no need to give them any more time.. you own it.. you could take it whenever you want... just be firm and say hey.. its mine and I'm taking it.. they will let you drive it away.. they prolly jst arn't saying anythign cuz they can't believe you let thwem have it this long.. if they do trouble you about it, they have no ground to stand on.. did you sign anyting that says you would leave it there? and even if you did, it doesnt matter... i don't believe any dealership would want to alienate a customer by illegally trying to keep their car...
bcudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post

BTW what happened to their showroom car they probably sold it and now their holding yours rent free. I'd go up to them and tell them after 12 days already you want to keep it longer they have to give you something like a car cover etc.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Actually if it's yours they can't hold it. Like others have said call the police if they don't let you take it and you have the bank paperwork.

If they kept it without permission that's a felony in mosts states.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Oh my,this is something.

Ambiguity is the Mother of Discontent.

You bought it, you paid for it, you insured it. You let them keep it for a not so clearly defined period of time.

I would calmly go in, go through everything and tell them, "Either give me the car or it is yours to do with as you wish."

If they won't then, deal is off and money refunded for obvious reasons.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote