Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #43
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBLBEE View Post
Not hardly "elitists"... In fact most of the owners of 5th gens have owned Camaros in the past. I just sold my restored and "BUILT" (by myself) 4th gen Z28 to buy this car. I have owned several Camaros in the past and have waited for years for this one to finally come out. I only want to start a 5th gen club to be able to get ideas from other owners as this car is so new and has many unanswered questions and mods that a group like this would be very helpful! Did not want to offend other gens. owners and did not mean only gen5s can get together. But a local forum with people with a commonality just makes sense! You know, there is a club for all F-bodies in middle TN, MTFBA so why would we start a club that would compete with them???

I have drag raced every one of my Camaro's in the past and as recently as last season with my 4th gen. Just not ready to put this machine on the track yet.. The majority of the 5th gen owners are 45 years old and up and may be past wanting to race theirs every week. This is a pretty big investment for us and maybe not everyone is ready to race them. Mine will see the track one day, but not now! For you to say we are elitists and most of us "just got into cars" is totally untrue!
Did you just get your feelings hurt that no one took you up on the offer of a race. Hell, most of these guys are still waiting for their cars. And the ones that do have their cars are probably a little more mature...
Mtfba is about half douches lol... You don't need a club to get ideas. All you need is the internet. I am a bit of a loner and have a full bolt-on SS which is constantly improving. I like to look stuff up and do it my self. The ones who do have their cars are a little more mature than to.... WHAT? Unclear on that part. Camaros are made to take a beating, look at mine

YES, the majority of the new camaro owners on camaro5 are acting brand new. Just click new posts and you will see some of the, ahem, most inexperienced and strange looking questions and threads like: Will my car go any faster if I wash it in April vs October, or I got my first bug on my windshield and so on. Some people ask some strange questions.

btw I wasn't pin pointing anyone with the elitist thing, but if the shoe fits wear it. It is good to see a few out with them at the track on youtube. One day I'll get to smoke one of you guys... Its just a matter of time

I guess there's too much mid-life crisis and too little I beat a ______ in here. These are Camaros not Cadillacs.

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #44
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
Mtfba is about half douches lol... You don't need a club to get ideas. All you need is the internet. I am a bit of a loner and have a full bolt-on SS which is constantly improving. I like to look stuff up and do it my self. The ones who do have their cars are a little more mature than to.... WHAT? Unclear on that part. Camaros are made to take a beating, look at mine

YES, the majority of the new camaro owners on camaro5 are acting brand new. Just click new posts and you will see some of the, ahem, most inexperienced and strange looking questions and threads like: Will my car go any faster if I wash it in April vs October, or I got my first bug on my windshield and so on. Some people ask some strange questions.

btw I wasn't pin pointing anyone with the elitist thing, but if the shoe fits wear it. It is good to see a few out with them at the track on youtube. One day I'll get to smoke one of you guys... Its just a matter of time

I guess there's too much mid-life crisis and too little I beat a ______ in here. These are Camaros not Cadillacs.
Wow...I see why your a loner. Not much humility in this post.

So what if people ask weird questions, its a forum, there are hear to learn from more experienced members, and shoot the breeze about cars. If anyone on here is an elitist, sounds like you need to look in the mirror...are you sick? Sounds like you need a cardiologist, because a change of heart is in order.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #45
7CAMARO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
Wow...I see why your a loner. Not much humility in this post.

So what if people ask weird questions, its a forum, there are hear to learn from more experienced members, and shoot the breeze about cars. If anyone on here is an elitist, sounds like you need to look in the mirror...are you sick? Sounds like you need a cardiologist, because a change of heart is in order.

hawahhhhh hawahhhhhhh lol are we gonna type all day or am I gonna see anyone at the track

I'm a loner because I don't give a stang, i mean shiit, i mean damn

Old 08-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #46
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
One day I'll get to smoke one of you guys... Its just a matter of time

You have a car that only traps 88mph in the 1/8th and you're calling people out to drag race?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #47
7CAMARO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
You have a car that only traps 88mph in the 1/8th and you're calling people out to drag race?
yes i am and you're a pony boy on a camaro site but its all good. Just looking to have a good time at the track and if you want to bring your slobra, you'll be the first stang to beat me after the year,,, lets call it a '98 which was a cobra with a procharger/heads/cam/gears/radials Otherwise, I'm starting to get sick of running stangs. I figure the new maros will be a much better challenge. Why don't you bring your's out on street tires(not drag radials) and run me? Hell bring radials I don't care but it'll be more fun for me if you're on street tires.

There's this guy at the track with a fox body and 5.8 badges on the sides running on radials. We've run twice. During bracket racing he redlighted and so I won. The 2nd time he red lighted too lol, but I still ran him down on radials with my street tires. This was a heads/cam/radial car. I'd like to run you on street tires. With little to no prep on that track and you on real street tires, I bet I could take your 70rwhp cobra

Last edited by 7CAMARO7; 08-26-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #48
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Quote:
yes i am and you're a pony boy on a camaro site but its all good. Just looking to have a good time at the track
Somebody has to keep the riff-raff honest.

But to your point, you can look to have fun at the track without trying to shame someone else into joining you. Instead of, "looks like we only have 1 racer in this thread... " or "Mtfba is about half douches" it might have been better if you simply said something like, "Hey guys, now that a lot of folks in the area are getting their Camaro's, why don't we try to get together at the track one day?" That might encourage more folks to participate than basically calling them all pansy's because they choose not to beat on their brand new and pretty much untested vehicles.

Just a thought.

Quote:
...and if you want to bring your slobra, you'll be the first stang to beat me after the year, lets call it a '98 which was a cobra with a procharger/heads/cam/gears/radials
I don't have a Cobra, but I'm down on hitting the track sometime to get a good baseline on it before I start modding it. Better yet, maybe you can run my wife in her '65 and if you beat her, then you can step up to the Shelby.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #49
7CAMARO7

Quote:
Somebody has to keep the riff-raff honest.

But to your point, you can look to have fun at the track without trying to shame someone else into joining you. Instead of, "looks like we only have 1 racer in this thread... " or "Mtfba is about half douches" it might have been better if you simply said something like, "Hey guys, now that a lot of folks in the area are getting their Camaro's, why don't we try to get together at the track one day?" That might encourage more folks to participate than basically calling them all pansy's because they choose not to beat on their brand new and pretty much untested vehicles.

Just a thought.

I don't have a Cobra, but I'm down on hitting the track sometime to get a good baseline on it before I start modding it. Better yet, maybe you can run my wife in her '65 and if you beat her, then you can step up to the Shelby.
I called no one a pansy... But next time I need something translated from my head to these people I'll be sure to pm you the details and let you do it for me. Besides, 99% of people on here's junk is under warranty unlike my junk. What have you and they got to lose?

and better yet, I'll race your wife's '65 in my wife's bone stock '00gt and make mustangs look really bad lmao

Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #50
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'll race your wife's '65 in my wife's bone stock '00gt and make mustangs look really bad lmao
I wasn't trying to make a joke, I think you in your car and she in hers would make a great race on street tires. Last time she took it to the hill (about a year ago) it ran 8.52 @ 87.55mph.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #51
7CAMARO7

Quote:
I wasn't trying to make a joke, I think you in your car and she in hers would make a great race on street tires. Last time she took it to the hill (about a year ago) it ran 8.52 @ 87.55mph.
oh, ok lol... either way I don't get my feelings hurt or grow another 9inches win or lose. I bet the prep at hill is better than nss. I swear it feels like there's not a drip of prep there. I have to leave off of idle to keep from lighting them up. No joke I was spinning them when leaving off of 1200rpms. At hill I bet its not a pit row and they use prep. Last day for racing at nss is this friday. Hopefully my car will be out of the body shop. Someone hit and ran my back bumper when I was in a store. No big deal unless I find out who did it. But Friday is the last day to race at nss. I need a good reason to go. Looks like no one is going so if I go it will be iffy. Supposed to rain too. Hopefully only early in the day. Its the last day... I'll be there Tell your wife to bring the '65 and you bring your's. I still want to race a 5th gen

Last edited by 7CAMARO7; 08-26-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #52
7CAMARO7

Quote:
I'm a loner because I don't give a stang, i mean shiit, i mean damn
garagelogic, when I said this part I was not aimming that at you btw. I own a camaro and I'm sure you know about the camaro mustang rivalry which is older than the dynosaurs. I was just talking a little smack there. Besides, you have a shelby... that's different I like those too.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #53
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
...I don't have a Cobra, but I'm down on hitting the track sometime to get a good baseline on it before I start modding it...
before?
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #54
Camaro gal
is happy to be home :)

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Hey guys i live right on the alabama/Tennessee line in fayetteville tn. Mine is a IOM 2LT/RS manual. I absolutely love my car, and am extremely glad i didnt get an SS because i would probably be dead!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #55
dduncan13

Drives: 2010 ABM RS with white stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLER View Post
I THOUGHT YOU ORDERED FROM WHERE I DID AND WAS THE ONE BEHIND ME??? AM I MISTAKEN?
When did you order yours? I ordered 6/22. I have a build date and should be recieving it a couple weeks after that.
dduncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:56 PM   #56
SECjunky
Penelope is here!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
hey... i got mine in on wednesday last week... ready to meet up with some more 5th gens near nashville anyone interested????