Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
Smile Had a change of heart...Yippie!

...had a change of heart,I decided to go with a 1SS CamaroFor the past month or so i've been coming up with every reason not to get an SS,and tried to justify to myself why i need a 1LT and not a SS.

Then for some reason i started looking at the whole 1LT vs SS a little differently."Warning" Short story soon to follow

Here i am a single 46 year old man who has been obsessed with muscle cars since the age of 8 years old.The closest i have ever come to a "muscle-car" was a Orange 73' Pontiac Ventura,it had tube headers,305 cu.in 2 barrel carb and cherry bombs.This was back in high school...way,way back(1980).

Anyway,one of my goals in life was to someday own my own Muscle-car,and not have to envy everbody else and what they had.My favorite muscle-car of all time is the 69 Camaro RS/Z28,and the 69 Camaro RS/SS,simply the best designed muscle car i have ever seen and i'm still in love with it's shape and it's sexy linesThis one car has had a impression on me my whole life.

I have been following the development of the Camaro since GM announced 3 years ago that they were gonna build it.Ever since then i have been watching in the shadows of it's devolopment and waiting eagerly for it's return,not to say that i haven't been tempted by the other competition,but for some reason i keep coming back to reality.I'm a GM guy,I love the Camaro,and this may be my last chance to own a true American Icon!

With Obama pushing for better fuel economy by the year 2016,This is indeed my last chance,and i'm not getting any younger,everyday that i wake up in the morning i look at it as a blessing,cause the next day isn't promised to no one.With that being said,I changed my 1LT/RS V-6 order and was happy to learn that my dealer has a allocation order open for a 1SS/RS IOM 6-speed manual w/Boston acoustics sound pkg and 20" polished wheels that has been on pre-order since November of 08

Turns out that my previous order is at 3400,and my new order is 1 week behind that one...so i'm looking at maybe a month before delivery?After i made the decision to go with the SS I couldn't help but to have this overwhelming sence of accomplishment and pure contentment within myself....oh,and my grinning from ear to ear every time i think about it.

Finally,after years and years of dreaming,that one dream that i have contemplated for years is finally going to become a reality in my life(sniff,sniff)

Besides,I know in my heart now,that i probably would not have been "content",and always wondered what it would have been like to have a true muscle car if i were to accept 2nd best.

No longer will i give in to that little voice of doubt and compromise.
Attached Images

Last edited by chevy dude; 06-02-2009 at 12:18 AM.
chevy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Nice dude, thats awesome. Congrats old timer........... JK
Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Kevin L

Drives: Last Camaro was a '00 SS
Congratulations on making a tough but very good decision. You only live once. You should get what you really want and enjoy it! You will not regret it.

Enjoy!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
RyanSSaddict
oh no la migra

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
You will love the car, guaranteed.
RyanSSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
lad u came back from the darkside Chevy dude, I was just about to ask you to turn in your chevy card because I read how you mentioned you thought about buying a shelby then you got all concerned about gas prices.. They wont go much higher.. If they do .. cut down on your cable and cell phone bill and put gas in your Camaro.. then back out of your driveway turn off the engine to save fuel and just wash, wax , and admire your car as all your nieghbors will congregate at ypur house to drool and envy your car... few beers ,steakss...Instant block party!!!!.. no gas spent Problem solved...
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
lad u came back from the darkside Chevy dude, I was just about to ask you to turn in your chevy card because I read how you mentioned you thought about buying a shelby then you got all concerned about gas prices.. They wont go much higher.. If they do .. cut down on your cable and cell phone bill and put gas in your Camaro.. then back out of your driveway turn off the engine to save fuel and just wash, wax , and admire your car as all your nieghbors will congregate at ypur house to drool and envy your car... few beers ,steakss...Instant block party!!!!.. no gas spent Problem solved...
Actually i have been thinking about cutting back on a few non-important utility's,like high-speed internet and i plan on quiting smoking.Don't want to get that cloth interior all "stinked up"Btw I only live 2.2 miles from work and my twin brother who i live with and share the bills with and who happens to work at the same place i do has a 2000 Cavalier z24,so on those "Snowy" days here in Michigan you can sure bet I'll be driving in with him...of course he will get complimentry solo cruises in my SS
Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Now yer talking!!!
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #8
m0ore4ustin391

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
This story almost brought a tear to my eye... congrats!
m0ore4ustin391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
modiecast

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS / Sold my 2010 2SS/RS
Excellent decision. From a 41 year old guy to a 46 year old guy, you'll be glad you did. The SS is a blast....
modiecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I can't stop looking at that picture...

And drooling.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #11
Analogy

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
great decision! I had a similar dilema when I made my preorder. I didn't want to go the 40k route with a 2SS. So it was either the bells & whistles V6 or 1SS. I figured I would never be satisfied with the V6, everytime I would see the SS badging I'd feel regret. NO REGRETS !!! You only live once right.

Ordered 1SS/RS 3-2-09 1100
2000 4-24-09
2500 4-29-09
3000 4-30-09
3300 5-22-09
Analogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Ah, Maturity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
Nice dude, thats awesome. Congrats old timer........... JK
!! Old Timer !!! Ouch that hurts.

Hey man, congrats on your 1SS order. Camaro's are not just for young whippersnappers.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #13
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Nothing at all wrong with changing your mind op. Gm did a bang up job on the v6 simply put its awesome. The mustang guys or the challenger guys die hards wont even think about the v6 as its a stinker but the one we have been given had many guys struggling what route to take. Myself i struggled with this same issue but have decided to wait it out and buy a gently used ss when i get the chance. Im prob looking at min 2 more years but im cool with that. Ive had my grand am 10 years i can drive it a few more to get the car i really want.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #14
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Good story dude, I appreciate it.

Last night when I picked up my car, I was grinning from ear to ear. The driver made a comment about me being happier than the older guy before me who’s Z06 they dropped off.

Then once I get home I start feeling Buyer’s Remorse. How bad is that? I feel guilty like I shouldn’t own a car like this (and I’m in a 2LT, not an SS, Vette or anything really nuts). I just turned 30 and I think I’ve struggled so much for 30 years that now I can actually afford this car I almost feel like I shouldn’t. I’m living in a new state, probably going to be getting engaged in a year or two, probably going to be looking to buy a house shortly after and the economy is terrible. I think I probably feel like I should be worrying about those things, but this is as close to a dream car as it gets for me…so I should be happy, right? My girlfriend assures me I’ll love the car forever though!
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote