Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
opinion wanted ?

Here is my little dilemma. I wanted to order a 2014 SS2 1LE with RS package, Nav, Recaro seats and Dual-Mode Performance Exhaust. But now I am looking at 2013 ZL1 because with the rebates and deals out there right now, it would only be about 6000 or 7000 more. I would be giving up the Nav, and the Recaro seats and the COLOR heads-up display. But I would be gaining other things like a supercharger. I will never be going on a track. The car would be a weekend toy. I do have a lot of concerns about spending this kind of money for a new car that has been sitting on a lot for a year, and who knows where it was kept over the winter. Some dealer have even admitted to me that they have let ZL1 sit out in bad weather, but it would be pretty cool to own the fastest production camaro ever built. What would you do if it was your money?
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
Here is my little dilemma. I wanted to order a 2014 SS2 1LE with RS package, Nav, Recaro seats and Dual-Mode Performance Exhaust. But now I am looking at 2013 ZL1 because with the rebates and deals out there right now, it would only be about 6000 or 7000 more. I would be giving up the Nav, and the Recaro seats and the COLOR heads-up display. But I would be gaining other things like a supercharger. I will never be going on a track. The car would be a weekend toy. I do have a lot of concerns about spending this kind of money for a new car that has been sitting on a lot for a year, and who knows where it was kept over the winter. Some dealer have even admitted to me that they have let ZL1 sit out in bad weather, but it would be pretty cool to own the fastest production camaro ever built. What would you do if it was your money?
awesome car but for me its not twice the car as 2ss/rs whatever, 60k is alot of cash.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
get the features you want. you could always SC the 1LE in the future if you wanted more power, and the numbers would be close... and you wouldn't be sacrificing all the little things you've picked out.
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would jump on the zl1 like a bad boy at Christmas........ upgraded suspension, magnetoreological shocks, upgraded rear end and trans to handle the power the supercharger puts out that can pump a lot more power with a little cheap tweaking and a pulley...... and maybe some headers...its a no brainer it will be worth more, and well nav...over rated, same with $2000 retardos....... when the base seats are great, and you don't have to deal with a ugly rear end.......... and the dual mode is already there with the other bells and whistles.......... wish I had gotten a zl1 instead of two ss/rs........
Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
something to think about.. if you super charge the 1LE you pretty much have a ZL1. But I do have to ask... if its going to be a weekend driver and you dont plan on tracking it, why did you order a track ready car?
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Highland Ranger

Drives: 2014 CRT Convertible ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
something to think about.. if you super charge the 1LE you pretty much have a ZL1.
Don't think so.
Highland Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
oh yeah and a the magnetic suspension
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #8
kinpin
618 RWHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
something to think about.. if you super charge the 1LE you pretty much have a ZL1. But I do have to ask... if its going to be a weekend driver and you dont plan on tracking it, why did you order a track ready car?
I love the look of the big tires and rims . I did say i will not be taking it to the track but that dose not mean i wont have some fun with it now and then.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
It's your money, get what makes you happy.

A 1LE with a SC is not a ZL-1 for reasons both technical/parts and pedigree/spirit. IMO if a car built at the ridiculous great Oshawa facility:

Cannot stand to be out in a little weather, then it's a sad day.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #10
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
If you have the cash then get the ZL1. You'll like the magnetic suspension. I thought the 13s had Nav. and you still get the HUD.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #11
kinpin
618 RWHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
If you have the cash then get the ZL1. You'll like the magnetic suspension. I thought the 13s had Nav. and you still get the HUD.
The 13 did have Nav, but the ones i am seeing out there don't see to have it .
Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #12
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
if i had to choose, the ZL1 would be the choice. dont worry if the car has sat outside, its a frickin car, and they are intended to be outdoors, they are not indoor furniture. but a ZL1 i think is in a class by itself.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #14
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
If possible, go Z baby! Sitting out in the elements won't hurt it, it's made to be in them. Some of us just choose to keep ours out of the elements...

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote