Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
What's the highest HP/TQ dyno #'s on the site for a STOCK LS3?

I wanted to see who can claim the highest HP and/or TQ dyno numbers so far for a stock LS3?
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....

Last edited by topgun1; 03-22-2010 at 04:41 PM.
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I've seen a couple of stock SS's with 380 RWHP at our BBK performance meet a few weeks ago. I'm sure they'll post here. Makes you kind of disappointed when you've done so many mods and you get the same thing :(
I need a tune...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
topgun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
I've seen a couple of stock SS's with 380 RWHP at our BBK performance meet a few weeks ago. I'm sure they'll post here. Makes you kind of disappointed when you've done so many mods and you get the same thing :(
I need a tune...

Wow, those are serious numbers for stockers. Yeah, this is true! or even a couple horses less! I know that the numbers can vary between cars probably 25-30 hp and very dependent on weather conditions. I hear ya, I need a tune too. But I'll plan on tuning the car once I get some new headers down the road (oh and a tuner).
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 03-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
My adjusted numbers were 368hp 372tq need to make an appointment to go back now that my exhaust is on before I do intake. Not expecting much but I want to see what each nets me.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
I wanted to see who can claim the highest HP and/or TQ dyno numbers so far for a stock LS3?
being that the LS3 is SAE Certified, they are all going to make the same HP within 1% of the rated HP. The variance you will see in dyno numbers have to do with weather, tire pressure, engine/oil temp, how tight they strapped down the vehicle, and wheel/tire size.

And then you have to throw in the tolerances of the drivetrain (transmission, driveshaft, rearend/differential, half-shafts, etc...).
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
Pope Designs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Rally Yellow
654 rwhp stock block. 7psi.
Pope Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
topgun1

nice numbers on the 'stock' supercharger!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
being that the LS3 is SAE Certified, they are all going to make the same HP within 1% of the rated HP. The variance you will see in dyno numbers have to do with weather, tire pressure, engine/oil temp, how tight they strapped down the vehicle, and wheel/tire size.

And then you have to throw in the tolerances of the drivetrain (transmission, driveshaft, rearend/differential, half-shafts, etc...).
We had a couple dozen done on the same day, same shop, same conditions. They varied quite a bit! No where near 1% of the rated HP! Hopefully they'll post up here as we all got our dyno sheets e-mail to us...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Go by the SAE rating.

Dyno numbers can be all over the place.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
We had a couple dozen done on the same day, same shop, same conditions. They varied quite a bit! No where near 1% of the rated HP! Hopefully they'll post up here as we all got our dyno sheets e-mail to us...
you can strap and unstrap the same car and the dyno will spit out different numbers. that's just the nature of dyno's.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
topgun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Go by the SAE rating.

Dyno numbers can be all over the place.
Mine was SAE adjusted. The dyno shop's AWD dyno was set up for turbo cars.

I'm trying to get a local group together to go to the dyno shop so we can use the same dyno on the same day under the same weather conditions.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
Mine was SAE adjusted. The dyno shop's AWD dyno was set up for turbo cars.

I'm trying to get a local group together to go to the dyno shop so we can use the same dyno on the same day under the same weather conditions.

That's a great idea - getting a bunch together at once. That way you will get a good baseline and as you perform future upgrades you will really be able to see the gains.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
topgun1

Yes, and it's less expensive too. Unfortunately, I only have a couple of people in the area interested.