Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #29
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
depends. i would say the centrifuge might be a bit less, but close. 0-60 is not what its about. its about 60-120! our cars are so heavy that the 0-60 wont be much better than 5
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
Niko
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: Black Camaro LFX
Quick question is there any good single turbo kits out there. Also what kind of increase would a single turbo do for my 2012 LFX. I can not see doing a twin turbo setup due to the fact this car is my DD And the placement for them are so low and I live in Florida where it likes to flood every now and then.
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #31
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
Quick question is there any good single turbo kits out there. Also what kind of increase would a single turbo do for my 2012 LFX. I can not see doing a twin turbo setup due to the fact this car is my DD And the placement for them are so low and I live in Florida where it likes to flood every now and then.
Matt @ FSP just finished Butters single turbo car. Made great power, hopefully Butters will chime in.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #32
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
There have been a couple of custom setups, but the only kit I know of is the STS one. Most that have had it haven't been really happy with the quality.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #33
Niko
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: Black Camaro LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
There have been a couple of custom setups, but the only kit I know of is the STS one. Most that have had it haven't been really happy with the quality.
I know about the STS set up and I have been reading the reviews on it and wasn't liking what I was reading. So I thought the easiest way to find out if there was other kits are to just ask because I couldn't find anything on it really
Niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #34
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I know about the STS set up and I have been reading the reviews on it and wasn't liking what I was reading. So I thought the easiest way to find out if there was other kits are to just ask because I couldn't find anything on it really
Mounted in the engine bay, I think you will have to do a custom setup.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #35
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Didn't want to make a new thread but will my adm race scoop work with a IPF SC kit?

Just want to know so when I sell my cai inc I can include it with that but I'm thinking i can still use the scoop without a problem.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #36
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Didn't want to make a new thread but will my adm race scoop work with a IPF SC kit?

Just want to know so when I sell my cai inc I can include it with that but I'm thinking i can still use the scoop without a problem.
not sure, but I would advise against it. the air filter sits low enough and I would put a water sock on the filter to reduce the effect of water intrusion. I would not want anything that would channel the water directly to my airfilter if it were to rain.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #37
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Thanks bud! The scoop actually bolts where the horn does so it would be in the way of the filter. Very helpful picture
Old 08-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #38
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Okay, so I've made the decision I definitely want to go twin turbo over the s/c. I've also decided I want to start the build by the end of the year for my birthday Now I just need to decide which one to get....the IPS TT Kit looks really nice and HPTurbine made some awesome gains but are there any other brands out there that might be better or get more power? I want to get as close to 500 rwhp as I could!
Old 08-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #39
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
Okay, so I've made the decision I definitely want to go twin turbo over the s/c. I've also decided I want to start the build by the end of the year for my birthday Now I just need to decide which one to get....the IPS TT Kit looks really nice and HPTurbine made some awesome gains but are there any other brands out there that might be better or get more power? I want to get as close to 500 rwhp as I could!
The IPS kit is the only twin kit out there. You're only other option for a twin kit is having one custom made for you

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #40
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
The IPS kit is the only twin kit out there. You're only other option for a twin kit is having one custom made for you
That's what I figured, I think it would be cheaper if I just got the IPS kit but would I be able to get more power if I did a custom setup? How much more money would I most likely be putting into it if I went custom?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #41
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
That's what I figured, I think it would be cheaper if I just got the IPS kit but would I be able to get more power if I did a custom setup? How much more money would I most likely be putting into it if I went custom?
How much you put into it will depend on how much shop rates are and how much you can get parts for. Will it make more power? Probably not. The power IPS is making on their kit is what's considered safe. If you want more, you're going to have to push it

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #42
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
How much you put into it will depend on how much shop rates are and how much you can get parts for. Will it make more power? Probably not. The power IPS is making on their kit is what's considered safe. If you want more, you're going to have to push it
Understood. I saw Gretchen's build almost pumping out 600 which is why I was wondering but obviously he's done a lot to the car which I don't think I would want to do/pay for lol So looks like IPS is my best bet. Thanks for the info!