Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #99
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
z/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySS2011 View Post
I like checking out the cars on Jay Lenos garage site. Ad states he will have. Z/28 on his site on August 12

Review is up:

Forgive the improper grammer but this car "aint nothing but the truth".
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #100
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
@ that $, I'd rather get a newer, slightly used Z06/427..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #101
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I think they were more focused on the performance aspects.
Daaaaaag Nabit!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #102
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Of course I hope you are right but the quote from the Jay/Al video is

Jay: "The cool thing is they're only going to build about, what, 1500 of this a year?"

Al: "That's right, yup..."

Some of you guys know way better than I do, from past GM/Chevy experience, if Al is prone to being agreeable in these interview situations or if he would have said something to the effect of "No, we plan to build as many as the market has appetite for". What is his past track record of sticking to interview claims?

If their conversation is to be taken at face value, Chevy decided to do a limited edition after all. Or it's constrained by capacity to hand build the engines. Or both. Hey, it's all just mental masturbation. I've got no opinion which way it will go and will just wait, with my March dated, signed, MSRP buyers order and see what shakes out.

We'll know soon enough, in TWO WEEKS! Right?

Sorry, couldn' t resist...
Looks and sounds great...hope it lives up to everything they are claiming. I think demand will be the limiting factor. Price i still think is gonna be pushing 70k and up. Just how many are gonna put down that kind of money. I hope they sell over the 1500. Gotta keep our cars profitable so we can argue about the 2025 and 2026 Mustang and Camaro
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #103
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this video. So sweet that I had the opportunity to meet Al Oppenheiser and chat at C5FestIV. Just don't want to part with my SS yet (its paid for).
Old 08-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #104
Oliv59

Drives: 45th M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Bad news for me, at 6'7"...
Do you already drive a Camaro ?
Because i'm between 6'6 and 6'7 and my head nearly touches roof by less than 1/2".
So, no helmet for me :(
After that, it depends on your morphology : long legs or not.
Oliv59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #105
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
It's not that I don't like Jay. But i'll wait until the David letterman test drive...
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #106
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcchuck View Post
It's not that I don't like Jay. But i'll wait until the David letterman test drive...
Definition of Dodge, ' to avoid'
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #107
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
You are right of course. And I'll pay for it when I eventually do sell, "He tracked it! Waaaa! It's ruined! Waaaa! Gimme a 75% discount because you tracked it!". I'm so over that crowd...haha.

No one asks the question: what's the value of a frequent Z/28 induced dopamine and endorphin high? Priceless, I'd contend. Certainly far more than than whatever the bubble wrappers will ever make in "profit", when corrected for inflation. Seems that minor issue is always conveniently overlooked. If you are honest with yourself, cars aren't investments no matter what anyone will try to tell you. Or what you tell your wife...

PS- I take some solace in seeing a new BOSS 302/S (that's the Ford parts dept sold race car, for those who don't know) went for less than MSRP at the Reno Barrett-Jackson. Sold for $75k as I recall, new ones sold for $85/$89k depending on 3-way shocks or not. So maybe the bubble wrappers have less interest in specialty track cars and don't muck up the market for new Z/28's. It's not a direct comparison for the Z/28 so not sure how applicable my assumption might be.
Ya I would drive the damn thing. We did it with our goats and cudas then woke up one day to trade for a new one and there were none. Just had to wait tell now for off the showroom fast/fun again.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #108
RedWS601

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Just my $.02....Jay is a collector for sure....don't know where he heard the 1500 made from, but it sounded like Al didn't want to get into all that with him while driving....lol....I'm thinking the "limit" will be how many of the available/smog legal or whatever LS7s they can get their hands on for the builds....Also I think Al was a little sheepish/demure on the pricing, and didn't want to raise Jay's gigantic eyebrows with the real price...lol...

Seemed Al wanted to emphasize the availability of the Z/28 parts....maybe that's something that might help keep the price of the car down a tad, but I doubt it...

Last thing, Jay kept saying it felt like a "muscle-car"....In my book a muscle car didn't handle worth a darn, was overweight in the front, and just made to go a 1/4 mile at a time....not quite what the Z/28 is...lol...

Felt like a muscle car and handles like a sport car he said!
RedWS601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #109
RedWS601

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Damn! I should have been patient one more year! Oh well I don't regret getting the GT500 until I see a Z/28 on the road.
RedWS601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #110
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
I think its going to have an extremely difficult time beating a C6Z06, especially a zo7 equipped model.

having said that, the fact that its the highest performing track oriented camaro ever says a lot about their dedication to the camaro program. Of course the car is going to be expensive, but its equipped with many of the same features as the second highest performing corvette.

I also think there are a lot of people (and members here) that seem to be forgetting top models arent typically designed and priced with your average joe in mind... Not everyone is supposed to get this car. First, it ruins exclusivity. Second, whether we like it or not there are people in this world that have the means (deserving or not) to enjoy material possessions others can only drool over.

one more comment since im already knee deep... why all the hate toward the collectors? I see ultra low mileage nearly never driven models of old cars and admire the people that had the will to never drive them. Ill admit now that if I had the cash id have several <20 mile preserved rides in my collection.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #111
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv59 View Post
Do you already drive a Camaro ?
Because i'm between 6'6 and 6'7 and my head nearly touches roof by less than 1/2".
So, no helmet for me :(
After that, it depends on your morphology : long legs or not.
At the fest, I sat in a 1LE with the recaros and had between 2 and 3 inches more head room.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #112
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Cool car, I suspect that 1500 allotment is just right. It SICKENS me that we can't bypass the price gouging from dealers. That's what is really starting to turn me off from GM/Chevy. If there was a way to direct order these cars and bypass the Dealer then i'd be all for it. If GM actually monitors these posts my idea is this:

1. Give each Dealer 1 CAR such (Corvette ZO6, Camaro ZL1, Z28, Z51 etc.) for demo/test drive purposes.
2. Create a separate dept. in all Chevy dealers for (direct orders) or even take the orders online directly at Chevy site.
3. Make dealers basically pickup locations once car arrives.

BOOM Gouging is gone.
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote