Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #1583
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You are the biggest tease! What were the numbers???? And I don't mean MPG!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #1584
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
And what exactly would the "special" driveshaft pieces consist of?
Looks like we may need a different tranny yoke if the housing that goes around the Bowler tailshaft has needle roller bearings. Also Chris is making a cutdown version for more tunnel clearance.

Quote:
You are the biggest tease! What were the numbers???? And I don't mean MPG!
At the lowest boost setting it can be set to, it made 862 hp. The SST intake and cam will likely move that up a teeny bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Me too...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #1585
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I've sat in on intelligence briefs that were less ambiguous...

DUDE! HOME STRETCH!!!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #1586
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
I'm also doing some custom work to the Outlaw outer stubs to clear some bolts.
These will be a bolt in deal thanks to the combined work of Nelson Racing Engines and Gforce Engineering.
The Outlaw stubs clear the Spohn control arms and maybe others. We machined bolt clearance into a backup set we made for this project and will have them powder coated and shipped out tomorrow.
Once we get these little details worked out the Outlaw 33 spline axles and stubs will be a bolt in kit
I wont even throw a hp rating on these bad boyz, this is Promod stuff LOL
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #1587
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
You can tell me the real #'s Bruce. I've had top secrete security clearance at Boeing, Northrop and a couple other places My lips are sealed..
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #1588
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
I'm also doing some custom work to the Outlaw outer stubs to clear some bolts.
These will be a bolt in deal thanks to the combined work of Nelson Racing Engines and Gforce Engineering.
The Outlaw stubs clear the Spohn control arms and maybe others. We machined bolt clearance into a backup set we made for this project and will have them powder coated and shipped out tomorrow.
Once we get these little details worked out the Outlaw 33 spline axles and stubs will be a bolt in kit
I wont even throw a hp rating on these bad boyz, this is Promod stuff LOL
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #1589
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
You can tell me the real #'s Bruce. I've had top secrete security clearance at Boeing, Northrop and a couple other places My lips are sealed..
If you watch the Nelson Racing video of them showing cars they are working on, they walk by this one black camaro and state it will be at 1600hp when its done. Hmmmmm, I wonder if that was Bruces camaro sitting there?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #1590
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

DUDE! HOME STRETCH!!!!!
Did his conversation sound like this?

He told me a number in a round about way.... but... it's almost unbelievable. The only reason I believe it is his and Nelson's integrity, but still... DAYUM!
Actually he told everyone but I guess only I could see it
Old 02-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #1591
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

What he said ^^^
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #1592
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i don,t really believe car is at nelson, i think its a sham...there are aerial satelite reports of a mystical camaro in area51...witnesses have heard loud whoosh souns followed by sonic booms...but there camera,s could only get a glimpse of what appears to be camaro tailights..
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #1593
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Ok interesting story, I just went to Nelsons about 2 weeks ago, and saw a black camaro there. thought nothing of it lol. then 1st time ever just happend to click camaros of the week and the only one I clicked on is yours just to check out some pics. I saw that the post started in June so didnt really connect the 2. Then when I got to the last pages and seen that its still today and its still there. Kinda is weird that its the same one. Now ima have to go check it out again maybe with the owner there!!!! Id love to see it and here about it
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #1594
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Well, got some preliminary data on dyno numbers from a "sister" engine build. It is a little less radical in some areas, but even so Tom said the early numbers are above their best runs with the Alien 427 TT motor so we expect this one to run pretty well. Based on the data it looks like this motor will get well over 20 mpg and still make big numbers. The full run is tentatively scheduled for 3/1 so hope to have some more concrete info then. Definitely getting closer. The GForce differential and Outlaw axles are all installed. Just waiting for a few "special" pieces for the driveshaft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Looks like we may need a different tranny yoke if the housing that goes around the Bowler tailshaft has needle roller bearings. Also Chris is making a cutdown version for more tunnel clearance.

At the lowest boost setting it can be set to, it made 862 hp. The SST intake and cam will likely move that up a teeny bit more.
So basiacally the car is done except for the "special" pieces for the driveshaft.
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #1595
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Ok interesting story, I just went to Nelsons about 2 weeks ago, and saw a black camaro there. thought nothing of it lol. then 1st time ever just happend to click camaros of the week and the only one I clicked on is yours just to check out some pics. I saw that the post started in June so didnt really connect the 2. Then when I got to the last pages and seen that its still today and its still there. Kinda is weird that its the same one. Now ima have to go check it out again maybe with the owner there!!!! Id love to see it and here about it
Cool. Maybe YOU can get some pictures and actual specific info for us. The owner is not very forthcoming with specifics.

Speedster is the master of obscurantism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obscurantism

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 02-22-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #1596
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Cool. Maybe YOU can get some pictures and actual specific info for us. The owner is not very forthcoming with specifics.

Speedster is the master of obscurantism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obscurantism
So you mean... He's obscuring progressive enlightenment?

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo