Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #939
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Good to see you sold it John!! Where will it be going?
Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #940
Fisherboy561

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Hello everyone my name is Alfred or also known on here as fisherboy561. Im proud to say that i'm going to be the new owner of the ZLX and will be bringing the ZLX down to South FL. As John stated in his last post I do not have several post on here but have always followed the ZLX build since day one. John has been very good to me and always has time to give me great advice. I will do my best to keep updated photos and info of the ZLX on here and as John stated earlier, there really can't be a build thread because John has left nothing else to do to the beast!! We'll I hope to meet all of you that have followed the ZLX build in the future and thanks again John for everything, i'm truly honored to be the new owner of the ZLX!
Fisherboy561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #941
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the ZLX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherboy561 View Post
Hello everyone my name is Alfred or also known on here as fisherboy561. Im proud to say that i'm going to be the new owner of the ZLX and will be bringing the ZLX down to South FL. As John stated in his last post I do not have several post on here but have always followed the ZLX build since day one. John has been very good to me and always has time to give me great advice. I will do my best to keep updated photos and info of the ZLX on here and as John stated earlier, there really can't be a build thread because John has left nothing else to do to the beast!! We'll I hope to meet all of you that have followed the ZLX build in the future and thanks again John for everything, i'm truly honored to be the new owner of the ZLX!
Welcome Alfred,
Congrats on an outstanding acquisition. I am sure the ZLX will fit the bill. All of us on C5 have come to love that ride and watch it become one of the best, if not the best Gen 5 on this forum. I always told Kathy, "If I had a fourth bay on my garage, that precious piece of gold would be bedded down between my babies....

Yes, it is THAT NICE!!

Keep in touch Alfred!

Now, as for you John, my friend--What a honor it has been to not only know you, but watch you grow in your love of God and others as well. You always say to me things that make me proud to serve Him. I remember the first time I typed something on this thread...Your getting the 'eye candy' engine cover from Roger at Emblempros.com. I knew then I had found a new friend. It just evolved into a far away friendship...
I can hardly wait to watch what happens with the new C7....JOHN...KATHY AND I MET OUR 1st BLACK C7 ON OUR WAY HOME FROM CHURCH ON SUNDAY!! I told her, "Lookie....Here comes John!"...

Our hearts skipped a beat....Now...What can I do with a C7 on my editor???...

Guess we will just have to wait and see....

John, The picture I sent via email, with Tim, you and the ZLX, You might take that to Wal-mart and try to have them create a canvas print. John Blount, whom has a C6 IOM, took a photo we shot and had that made into a canvas...It is the size of the trunk area on his vette. It turned out SWEET!!

Just an idea....

Later John...

Kurt ABL99...

Last edited by aquablueL99; 10-29-2013 at 12:13 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #942
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Congrats man thats huge!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #943
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Good to see you sold it John!! Where will it be going?
Thank you Solo, it was a very hard decision deciding to sell or not to sell, and it brought many a sleepless night. At first I thought I was doing the ZLX an injustice by selling it so soon, and I really think had the car not gone to Alfred (Fisherboy, see quote below), that I may have not sold it. I had several interested parties and probably could've started a bidding war, but when Al said he was serious about owning it, I knew it would be the right thing to do, and especially after meeting him & spending the day with him today, I know it will be well taken care of and truly appreciated, and that's all I really wanted. I felt more like a father having to trust someone to watch over a child, as silly as that may sound. But as car enthusiast know, you get a certain connection when you build something special, and you want to see it go to the best possible home. Having lived in South Florida back in the early 90s, I can think of no better place for the ZLX to go, I can just see it now cruising down A1A, snapping necks along the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherboy561 View Post
Al, it was truly a pleasure to meet & spend the day with you today. It only reconfirmed what I already knew, that the ZLX would be going to someone that will carry on the passion for it and continue to let it evolve. Feel free to use this thread to continue to post updates should you wish, my build journal is now your build journal. I know you will love the car and it will give you many years of enjoyment, and I look forward to see you make it yours and put your touches on it. The ZLX has made my dreams of having a car in a hot rod magazine come true, and I wish you the same pleasures it has brought me. Nothing can or will ever takes it place as being one bad ass, super fast ride that ALWAYS put a smile on my face, and I can tell after today seeing how happy you were, that it will do the same for you! Be safe and keep us updated, I'll talk to you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Welcome Alfred,
Congrats on an outstanding acquisition. I am sure the ZLX will fit the bill. All of us on C5 have come to love that ride and watch it become one of the best, if not the best Gen 5 on this forum. I always told Kathy, "If I had a fourth bay on my garage, that precious piece of gold would be bedded down between my babies....

Yes, it is THAT NICE!!

Keep in touch Alfred!

Now, as for you John, my friend--What a honor it has been to not only know you, but watch you grow in your love of God and others as well. You always say to me things that make me proud to serve Him. I remember the first time I typed something on this thread...Your getting the 'eye candy' engine cover from Roger at Emblempros.com. I knew then I had found a new friend. It just evolved into a far away friendship...
I can hardly wait to watch what happens with the new C7....JOHN...KATHY AND I MET OUR 1st BLACK C7 ON OUR WAY HOME FROM CHURCH ON SUNDAY!! I told her, "Lookie....Here comes John!"...

Our hearts skipped a beat....Now...What can I do with a C7 on my editor???...

Guess we will just have to wait and see....

John, The picture I sent via email, with Tim, you and the ZLX, You might take that to Wal-mart and try to have them create a canvas print. John Blount, whom has a C6 IOM, took a photo we shot and had that made into a canvas...It is the size of the trunk area on his vette. It turned out SWEET!!

Just an idea....

Later John...

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt it only figures that you would be the first to welcome Alfred, you're one class individual and I'm honored to call you a friend. I know Al will take good care of the ZLX, and it really made me feel good knowing it will be appreciated and well taken care of. I will certainly be printing all of your masterpieces you've sent me, and they mean very much to me, but I think you know that! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Congrats man thats huge!!!
Bro, like I've said, it couldn't have gone to a better home, it definitely is HUGE! So it looks like we have a new HeadTurner on South Florida, and I know Alfred will represent us well!! She will be well taken care of!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #944
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thank you Solo, it was a very hard decision deciding to sell or not to sell, and it brought many a sleepless night. At first I thought I was doing the ZLX an injustice by selling it so soon, and I really think had the car not gone to Alfred (Fisherboy, see quote below), that I may have not sold it. I had several interested parties and probably could've started a bidding war, but when Al said he was serious about owning it, I knew it would be the right thing to do, and especially after meeting him & spending the day with him today, I know it will be well taken care of and truly appreciated, and that's all I really wanted. I felt more like a father having to trust someone to watch over a child, as silly as that may sound. But as car enthusiast know, you get a certain connection when you build something special, and you want to see it go to the best possible home. Having lived in South Florida back in the early 90s, I can think of no better place for the ZLX to go, I can just see it now cruising down A1A, snapping necks along the way!

Al, it was truly a pleasure to meet & spend the day with you today. It only reconfirmed what I already knew, that the ZLX would be going to someone that will carry on the passion for it and continue to let it evolve. Feel free to use this thread to continue to post updates should you wish, my build journal is now your build journal. I know you will love the car and it will give you many years of enjoyment, and I look forward to see you make it yours and put your touches on it. The ZLX has made my dreams of having a car in a hot rod magazine come true, and I wish you the same pleasures it has brought me. Nothing can or will ever takes it place as being one bad ass, super fast ride that ALWAYS put a smile on my face, and I can tell after today seeing how happy you were, that it will do the same for you! Be safe and keep us updated, I'll talk to you soon!

Kurt it only figures that you would be the first to welcome Alfred, you're one class individual and I'm honored to call you a friend. I know Al will take good care of the ZLX, and it really made me feel good knowing it will be appreciated and well taken care of. I will certainly be printing all of your masterpieces you've sent me, and they mean very much to me, but I think you know that! I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!!

Bro, like I've said, it couldn't have gone to a better home, it definitely is HUGE! So it looks like we have a new HeadTurner on South Florida, and I know Alfred will represent us well!! She will be well taken care of!
John,
Simply said, "The last post said it all". Nicely done my FRIEND!!

Kurt ABL99...
Old 11-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #945
Fisherboy561

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Some pics of the ZLX in it's new home.

Name:  IMG_1790.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  178.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1788.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  175.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1796.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  64.5 KB
Fisherboy561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #946
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Best of the Best!!

Bump this thread to the TOP!! Why?...

'Cause that's exactly where it belongs!!!

Kurt ABL99...:chevy
Old 03-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #947
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Hell yeah , and the amount of work and $$$ put into this beast is just ridiculous
Old 03-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #948
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hell yeah , and the amount of work and $$$ put into this beast is just ridiculous
Yours is equally so! You and John have both done awesome builds!
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:18 AM   #949
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
How is John doing? Anyone know how the build on his Vette is going?
Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 AM   #950
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
Yours is equally so! You and John have both done awesome builds!
Thank you Eric ,coming from you means a lot to me
Old 03-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #951
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Does my heart good to see this thread at the top of the forum....

Alfred....your turn to help keep it there...

Kurt ABL99...
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #952
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

yeah well i really miss the good'ol happy days

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx