Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
DCamaroLover

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Question about Halos

When do you use them? This is the main reason I really want an RS because I think they look awesome. But Ive been seeing a lot of good deals on used non-RS Camaros, and its really holding me back. So my question is when do you use Halos? or are they just for show? don't you have to turn on your low beams in the rain and at night and whatnot?
DCamaroLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
spurscar

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Show only, they're not your headlights.

I turn my lights switch to Parking Lights every time I get in the car (then back to
Auto when getting out) so that the halos are on during the day. At night I just leave
it Auto because the halos are on with the HID headlights.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCamaroLover View Post
When do you use them? This is the main reason I really want an RS because I think they look awesome. But Ive been seeing a lot of good deals on used non-RS Camaros, and its really holding me back. So my question is when do you use Halos? or are they just for show? don't you have to turn on your low beams in the rain and at night and whatnot?
You can turn them on just by them selfs anytime or use them with your low beams at nite, I like using mine in the mornings specially now when its cloudy or before dusk
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rareslick View Post
You can turn them on just by them selfs anytime or use them with your low beams at nite, I like using mine in the mornings specially now when its cloudy or before dusk
Me too, I drive around at dusk for as long as I can with just the Halos... It looks sweet.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Call me lazy but the idea of turning that switch every time I get in the car is a bit much. I just wired them to be always on.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Brent_$$
Warp drive in development

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS (Becca Bumble Bee)
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent_$$
dude check out the price for the HID headlights u may come out like a rose to get an awsome deal on no RS and change out the headlights. just do a little cost analysis on it. Good luck.
Brent_$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
Noturday
[Not-your-day]

Drives: 2005 Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Call me lazy but the idea of turning that switch every time I get in the car is a bit much. I just wired them to be always on.
that would be my plan, the look awesome and i would want to run them every time i got in the car haha

i did something similar with the fog lights on my Avalanche, i wired them up to come on with the headlights so i don't have to hit the button all the time, but i can still turn them on via the button when the headlights are not on