Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #29
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
I just got the weirdest feeling of deja vu when reading about the earpieces. interesting.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #30
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
They were probably mad b/c they had to take it back.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #31
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRed08 View Post
I just got the weirdest feeling of deja vu when reading about the earpieces. interesting.
taken a ride in a Red Camaro lately?

"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #32
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
can't believe im saying this but that might be the only camaro i would ever throw my coke at, just for being so rude

just kidding, i dont thank i could ever do something like that to such a sweet car
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #33
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Maybe they were trying out for the secret service. GM is laying off a bunch of workers, and the government is the only employer hiring. They're just practicing being covert, cool, and making get aways.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Inside the car were two gentleman that looked like they were trying out for the secret service.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #35
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
I was driving that Camaro. Sorry if I came off as rude, I just couldnt help but getting mad when i saw that ugly challenger next to me UGH!

JK LOL
Old 03-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #36
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I don't know who they were -- but I will say this: Everyone at GM has been warned (and rightfully so...) about the dangers of street racing -- even a lil harmless "floor it at a stoplight with another performance car next to you..."

It's the quickest way to lose Company vehicle driving privileges.......

I've had several people try to 'egg' me on -- and after a while, you just learn to ignore it.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #37
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I don't know who they were -- but I will say this: Everyone at GM has been warned (and rightfully so...) about the dangers of street racing -- even a lil harmless "floor it at a stoplight with another performance car next to you..."

It's the quickest way to lose Company vehicle driving privileges.......

I've had several people try to 'egg' me on -- and after a while, you just learn to ignore it.........
I can promise you that street racing wasnt factored into this at all.

However, i have an update on the situation...
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #38
GatorBlue371

UPDATE

UPDATE

So i had spent the entire day at the beach (telling everyone i knew about my Camaro encounter) when i get a call from a buddy of mine

"hey man, i just saw that Camaro you told me about driving down 3rd!!"

(i was on the beach off 2nd, a block away)

So immediately, i jump into action and hurry off the beach to see if i can spot the Car driving by.

I finally reached the beginings of the parking lot, when i see something amazing. Not only do i see the red Camaro, but its pulling into the beach parking lot off 2nd right infront of me.

Big guy in the Camaro parks it at a toll meter a few feet in front of me and i go in to talk to him... common it was too much of a coincidence.

"Hey, nice car man, how did you get so lucky they let you take it all the way to Florida???"

The guy starts beeming, big smile on his face...

"Yea this car is a dream, idk how i got so lucky but im glad i did"

I ended up talking to this guy for a good 20-30 minutes about the car, seriously the guy was almost as excited about it as I was. In that 20-30 minutes my friend who had originally called had showed up to look at it, and i called my dad who lives down the street to come on down and take a look.

I learned that he was from the millford proving grounds and he had the car down in Florida testing how the heat/humidity effected the car. He looked like he was enjoying his assingment in his muscle shirt.

So just randomly, he shocked me with a...

"Hey, why dont you hop in the car?"

Im floored.... and wet/sandy from the beach so i graciously decline.

"Sorry, im all wet, but id love to"

This guy who I later decided was one of the nicest car people ive ever met, insisted i get in the car. Which, i ended up deciding i had to do.

Wow. Everything on the car was so nice. It looked like it was in a different class completely than the Mustang. The car had the 4-pack which was really neat in person, and the leather quality felt top notch. Everything was layed out perfectly, it was really amazing in person. I came away from it feeling that it was much more like a sports car than a muscle car.

So finally my Dad shows up, and he got all excited over the car, asking the guy about 15 times why GM hadn't put the car on the market sooner. My dad drives a 120K+ German Sports Car, but he was floored with how good of a job they did with the Camaro and how they priced it.

I have no idea what had gotten into the driver of this car the day before, but the guy i talked to today was great. I wanted to clear this up, It must have been a friend of his that he let drive who didnt want to get caught in a picture driving a car he wasnt allowed to be in on the internet.

Amazing Car
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #39
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
UPDATE

So i had spent the entire day at the beach (telling everyone i knew about my Camaro encounter) when i get a call from a buddy of mine

"hey man, i just saw that Camaro you told me about driving down 3rd!!"

(i was on the beach off 2nd, a block away)

So immediately, i jump into action and hurry off the beach to see if i can spot the Car driving by.

I finally reached the beginings of the parking lot, when i see something amazing. Not only do i see the red Camaro, but its pulling into the beach parking lot off 2nd right infront of me.

Big guy in the Camaro parks it at a toll meter a few feet in front of me and i go in to talk to him... common it was too much of a coincidence.

"Hey, nice car man, how did you get so lucky they let you take it all the way to Florida???"

The guy starts beeming, big smile on his face...

"Yea this car is a dream, idk how i got so lucky but im glad i did"

I ended up talking to this guy for a good 20-30 minutes about the car, seriously the guy was almost as excited about it as I was. In that 20-30 minutes my friend who had originally called had showed up to look at it, and i called my dad who lives down the street to come on down and take a look.

I learned that he was from the millford proving grounds and he had the car down in Florida testing how the heat/humidity effected the car. He looked like he was enjoying his assingment in his muscle shirt.

So just randomly, he shocked me with a...

"Hey, why dont you hop in the car?"

Im floored.... and wet/sandy from the beach so i graciously decline.

"Sorry, im all wet, but id love to"

This guy who I later decided was one of the nicest car people ive ever met, insisted i get in the car. Which, i ended up deciding i had to do.

Wow. Everything on the car was so nice. It looked like it was in a different class completely than the Mustang. The car had the 4-pack which was really neat in person, and the leather quality felt top notch. Everything was layed out perfectly, it was really amazing in person. I came away from it feeling that it was much more like a sports car than a muscle car.

So finally my Dad shows up, and he got all excited over the car, asking the guy about 15 times why GM hadn't put the car on the market sooner. My dad drives a 120K+ German Sports Car, but he was floored with how good of a job they did with the Camaro and how they priced it.

I have no idea what had gotten into the driver of this car the day before, but the guy i talked to today was great. I wanted to clear this up, It must have been a friend of his that he let drive who didnt want to get caught in a picture driving a car he wasnt allowed to be in on the internet.

Amazing Car

Ahhhhh!!!

I love a happy ending!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #40
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
yay! i knew there would be a happy ending!!!

grrr! scott, you beat me to it! lol
Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #41
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
lol bro u have been officially bestowed with the title of LUCKIEST SOB IN AMERICA lol
i mean to not only spot the car in the first place, but 2 get scumbagged adnthe have the same car with a new nicer guy drive into the parking lot at the beach you just happen to be at....i mean....speechless......i know i'm not that friggin lucky lol
Old 03-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #42
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
lol bro u have been officially bestowed with the title of LUCKIEST SOB IN AMERICA lol
i mean to not only spot the car in the first place, but 2 get scumbagged adnthe have the same car with a new nicer guy drive into the parking lot at the beach you just happen to be at....i mean....speechless......i know i'm not that friggin lucky lol
I couldn't believe it myself

It was great a great experience for sure. Much better than any show ive been to.