Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #589
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha055 View Post
Hi William,

Can you please check my VIN as well? 2G1FK3DJ2B9183489

I'm proud owner of brand "new" 2011 Camaro with 17K miles.. and I know nothing about car's history

Thanks
Sasha
No problem Sasha,

After researching your VIN, there were no open recalls or service actions listed under your vehicle. If you'd like additional information relating to vehicle build or warranty, feel free to send me a private message.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #590
lynxwizard

Drives: 2012 red lt2/rs convert
William,

I have a 2012 Camaro, only 5K miles, would you check my Vin for any Recalls ?

2G1FC3D35C9191151

Thanks
Allen
lynxwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #591
VA SSHEVY

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
There's always going to be a little wind noise right? Is a perfect top silent? We have wind noise around the rear windows on our brand new SS. When I'm driving I can hear it on the passenger side, and when I'm a passenger I can hear it on the drivers side.
when we drove a car off the lot it was extremely quiet. I was impressed. Couldn't believe it was a convertible. Two cars two different dealers. Mine on delivery was noisy about to schedule the fix. Anyone in in Woodbridge VA area have any a vice or warnings about where to get the service!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #592
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
I live several states north of you, so don't know where in VA is good. All I know is my car got quieter inside when I had the top adjustments done last spring.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #593
Rhinestones

Drives: 2011 convertible Camaro 2LT
I took my 2011 convertible in to Kelley Chevrolet on Sept 18,2013 for this recall which required a full replacement of the top. While they were driving my car to a subcontractor to replace the top it was hit by another Camaro that ran a red light. 5 months later, I still do not have my car, dealership refuses to help me (won't file a claim with their insurance co because they state they are not responsible), at fault parties insurance co is refusing to settle because they feel after $14,000 in damages the car is worth the same amount now as it was the day of the accident! I did not want the car back but since Kelley refused to help me I was forced by insurance company to do repairs - which they continue to find more and more "little" things wrong with it. Called General Motors and asked for help - nothing. Refused to even help assist with dealerships lack of customer care. I'm faced with thousands of dollars in attorney fees & left with a car with significantly less value. I just don't know what to do? Suggestions? Thank you.
Rhinestones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #594
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinestones View Post
I took my 2011 convertible in to Kelley Chevrolet on Sept 18,2013 for this recall which required a full replacement of the top. While they were driving my car to a subcontractor to replace the top it was hit by another Camaro that ran a red light. 5 months later, I still do not have my car, dealership refuses to help me (won't file a claim with their insurance co because they state they are not responsible), at fault parties insurance co is refusing to settle because they feel after $14,000 in damages the car is worth the same amount now as it was the day of the accident! I did not want the car back but since Kelley refused to help me I was forced by insurance company to do repairs - which they continue to find more and more "little" things wrong with it. Called General Motors and asked for help - nothing. Refused to even help assist with dealerships lack of customer care. I'm faced with thousands of dollars in attorney fees & left with a car with significantly less value. I just don't know what to do? Suggestions? Thank you.
I don't understand how the stealership could say they are not responsible when the car was left in their custody. What did your attorney have to say about it? Seems to me like an open and shut case here. It's a shame that you have to go through this crap.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #595
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
+1, my thoughts as well.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #596
Rhinestones

wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
I don't understand how the dealership could say they are not responsible when the car was left in their custody. What did your attorney have to say about it? Seems to me like an open and shut case here. It's a shame that you have to go through this crap.
Thank you - it's unreal! My attorney said I have an open and shut case - no doubt! BUT - Indiana law states I cannot ask for attorney fees in the settlement for personal property damage! so all the fees I will have to pay out of pocket - who has deeper pockets? That would be the dealership! To me it's more about doing the right thing for the customer! Clearly they have NO desire to be an outstanding Chevy dealership!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #597
Rhinestones

I've asked GM for help, I've not named the dealership on Facebook, Twitter, etc until recently. I've tried to be the better person but at this point - I need help. And I just don't know how to do it! Suggestions? https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=79d82a3a1f

Last edited by Rhinestones; 02-19-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: adding link to see phots
Old 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #598
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Quote:
I've asked GM for help, I've not named the dealership on Facebook, Twitter, etc until recently. I've tried to be the better person but at this point - I need help. And I just don't know how to do it! Suggestions? https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=79d82a3a1f
I'm sure one of the news teams in your area would be more than willing to get involved. Get a hold of one of those 'shame on you' investigative reporters and let them blurt it out all over the radio and TV. They will no doubt get in touch with the dealer and persue it to GM. No automotive company, that we bailed out, would welcome such negative press. Granted, technically, the driver at fault insurance company should be paying. The news team might pull the drivers license history from who was driving you car, and find some derogatory info that might help your plea. They are getting dirty with you, it's time to get dirty with them.

If that doesn't work, go get a rental car, pay for all the insurance, and drive thru the showroom managing to hit every single car they have.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #599
Rhinestones

I like your style! Especially the car rental!!! LOL! You have no idea how badly I want to make these people look like fools! I understand they aren't at fault but the refusal to help me or even allow me to file a claim against their insurance to make up the difference in what at fault driver won't pay!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #600
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Per what you presented here, the party at fault is the driver of the other Camaro and that their insurance has taken responsibility for the damages, but there is a dispute as to diminished value and additional problems that keep cropping up due to the accident.

Based on this, Kelley Chevrolet is not truly responsible for the damages. While the car was in their care, they were not the responsible party to the damages, and were also victims in the accident, especially if the dealership's employee that was driving was injured.

GM doesn't really have anything in this either, other than attempting to smooth over customer relationship with you.

If you haven't done so already, get your insurance company involved to pursue the other Camaro driver's insurance for proper valuation of damages. Your insurance company can pay the repair and have better luck pursuing an equitable settlement.

(Realize that most of the opinions that will be given here on the forums are not legal advice, as most of us are not lawyers and the laws where you live may be substantially different).

Sorry to hear that you are having these difficulties. I hope that you are able to get things resolved to your satisfaction soon.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #601
mike10cc

Drives: 2012 camaro 1SS Convertible
William,
My 2012 Camaro's vin is 2G1FJ3DJ9C9103481 & I have 8k. Are there any recalls?

Thanks
Mike
mike10cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #602
Stittville Ed

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Found this forum last night and parts were ordered for the top today.
Lots of very good information here.

Thanks
Stittville Ed is offline   Reply With Quote