Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #127
kellertxgen5

Drives: 2LT RS - Black w' black 21's
1) Maybe you think Chevrolet "went cheap" because they didn't put in a big giant navigation screen (which btw I think is cool in some cars but wouldn't "fit" with this car.

2) Chevy was trying to keep the retro look of the interior of this car. The car does reflect interiors of the past.

None of this means they "went cheap" on the interior. That's laughable.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #128
blinkme323

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
comparing the track package to a supercharger is a bad comparison. Lol. Thats like the whole ford vs chevy feud. The SVT Cobra has a 4.6 s/c engine, and thats true, well the chevy has a 5.7 or a 6.0 ect... Believe it or not, it's hard to get ahold of the track packages right now.
Yeah, the track package in no way resembles a supercharger. It's engine is identical to the other 3.8's. It just adds brembos, an LSD, and heavy 19's.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #129
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertxgen5 View Post
Interior Pics
What is that first car supposed to be? That's not the Genesis coupe....
Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #130
kellertxgen5

Drives: 2LT RS - Black w' black 21's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's what came back on a google search. Someone post a genesis interior then since i obviously don't know what one looks like.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #131
Mr. Wyndham

It's this:

I've been in it...and I really don't care for it, tbh. But that's just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:40 AM   #132
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:

I think that's the genesis sedan
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #133
Mr. Wyndham

No. It's the coupe. 100% sure.

I think the pic I questioned may have been the sedan. Not sure, though...I barely pay attention to Toyota's offerings, I don't look at all into Hyundai (outside of the Genesis coupe)....
Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #134
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
No. It's the coupe. 100% sure.

I think the pic I questioned may have been the sedan. Not sure, though...I barely pay attention to Toyota's offerings, I don't look at all into Hyundai (outside of the Genesis coupe)....
haha that's what I was saying, the first pic looks like the genesis sedan
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #135
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic

ill give them one thing the exhaust sound is great
Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #136
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
The genesis run on regular Also, the Genesis biggest advantage is it's weight advantage, equal mods and equal power and it is always going to be quicker. I would easily take a Genesis V6 over a Camaro V8, but I want a V8 so i am looking into the 1SS.
are you on drugs?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:32 AM   #137
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
K I can see people are not understanding whom I am referring too. I am talking about the ones bashing the genesis. I don't mind the other camaro owners whom are true car enthusiasts. The ones that appreciate a nice car. I really just think people need to get over the "It's a hyundai" belief. So what! they did a good job with the car. For it being a hyundai it has balls. Who would of thought Hyundai would of came out with something like this? Whether people like it or not, this Hyundai will beat quite a few stock street cars, including the v6 camaro.

Yes it is a hyundai the car comp. that hires designers from other car maker's part time... no wonder some of their cars look familiar.
everything about this car is shared even both of its engines i dont think hyundai did a good job on anything, they learned from the tyibaron(cant spell) that their parts suked. so they take left over carp from everyone's parts bin, there you have it another POS
Old 07-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #138
blinkme323

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post

Yes it is a hyundai the car comp. that hires designers from other car maker's part time... no wonder some of their cars look familiar.
everything about this car is shared even both of its engines i dont think hyundai did a good job on anything, they learned from the tyibaron(cant spell) that their parts suked. so they take left over carp from everyone's parts bin, there you have it another POS
Wow, there's so much wrong with this statement (grammatically and factually) I don't even know where to begin.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #139
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
So essentually, it's even, except 200CC's only give the Coupe a 2 HP advantage. That is just likely tune, but the difference will be negligible. In a race yes weight certainly is the only real difference. At the end of the day Whomever has more more money to drop in there car is going to win. Stock for Stock, the Camaro V6 is going to lose this battle.
(Strickly talking day at the track here)

"I would easily take a Genesis V6 over a Camaro V8, but I want a V8 so i am looking into the 1SS"

That is the most confusing sentence I have ever seen....
I don't understand how you can say on the one hand "I would take the Genesis V6" over "a Camaro V8" and then say "I am looking into the SS"....

It's kinda like "Well I could of had What I think is the better vehicle, but I think instead I will take the inferior one"

NOTE : Not saying one is inferior to the other, just trying to understand....
I meant the Genesis V6 over the Camaro V6, but I want a V8 so I'd rather have the 1SS than either, make sense now?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #140
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertxgen5 View Post
yeah some people are kind of crazy about their car brands and might make some outlandish statements.

I stand by my statement that the genesis is "lacking in looks" (to put it nicely). You can call it fast all you want and we can't argue that it's a little faster than the v6 camaro, but I still think it's "lacking in looks". If me saying that means you wouldnt want to associate with me as a camaro owner because I think your car is "lacking in looks" then maybe you should go to the Genesis board where everyone there likes the Genesis.

I bought the v6 camaro b/c it's the total package: looks, gas mileage, performance, gadgets (good luck getting xm/onstar in your genesis), comfort, style, etc. If I wanted to buy the fastest v6 on the road I wouldn't be buying a camaro, but I bought the car I LOVE.

I'm glad you love your car, and I'm sorry some people here upset you by bashing Hyundai. But if you are looking for people to praise the Genesis you're in the wrong place.

thanks for sharing your opinions!
The Genesis V6 comes with XM standard, and while they won't have onstar, they are going to have a navigation system soon. Looks are subjective, IMHO the Camaro is a better looking car, in a musclecar way, but the genesis has good looks also in a sports car sort of way (especially the V6 with it's different lower front fascia). I am not for or against one car or another, just saying the little Genesis coupe deserves a little respect, as does the Camaro.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote