Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #29
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Alabama-Washington.

Clemson-Ohio State.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #30
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I think it will be Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Washington.

I'd like to see Alabama lose in the first round to Washington... but they won't

So my realistic hope is to see Alabama and Ohio State go at it for the title... with the Buckeyes winning.

Edit: Fenwick got in while I was typing... and we agree.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #31
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Ohio state is not that good, i don't think they will make it to the finals. They can't pass the ball well. Stack the box with seven or eight and dare them to beat you with the pass. That's the best way to get by the Buckeyes.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:00 AM   #32
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Alabama vs Washington
Ohio State vs Clemson

Who you got on the winners?
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:15 AM   #33
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Ill go against the grain and say Washington. Bama hasn't face a really good passing team, we'll see if Washington can pull the huge upset. Clemson should roll OSU, who was 1 point better than a 3 win team in there last game outside of Coloumbus against MSU.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #34
Iron Lung Jimmy

Alabama gives up some points but wins.

Ohio State wins because that's what they do.

Then we have Nick vs Urban again... and it doesn't get any better than that! I'll pick Ohio State in the upset.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #35
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Ohio state does win, that have shown that. I think there luck will run out against a motivated Clemson squad. Bama probably will win, it's what they do.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #36
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'm just going to pop in and give my unpopular opinion on college football.

I miss the days when college football was more traditional. Pac-10 vs. Big-10 in the Rose Bowl. No playoffs or BCS BS. Just tradition and mostly fun. College football doesn't need playoffs. It really doesn't. There is just too much disparity between teams such as Alabama and other teams they play during the season and that is never going to change. Rivalries and Bowls should be the focus...not "who's best". We had the same effect of choosing a national champion back then as we do now...it's all a guess, and you can always argue who's second, or now who should be in the playoffs.

Big money brought us the playoffs we have now...and no, it is not better than it used to be.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #37
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'm just going to pop in and give my unpopular opinion on college football.

I miss the days when college football was more traditional. Pac-10 vs. Big-10 in the Rose Bowl. No playoffs or BCS BS. Just tradition and mostly fun. College football doesn't need playoffs. It really doesn't. There is just too much disparity between teams such as Alabama and other teams they play during the season and that is never going to change. Rivalries and Bowls should be the focus...not "who's best". We had the same effect of choosing a national champion back then as we do now...it's all a guess, and you can always argue who's second, or now who should be in the playoffs.

Big money brought us the playoffs we have now...and no, it is not better than it used to be.
I pretty much agree.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #38
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

It's just not a true playoff. The more the merrier. The more I think about it, the more I believe that at least an 8 team playoff with the power 5 conference champions plus three at large bids is the way to go at minimum. Preferably, the top four rated power five conference champions get seeded and a buy into the second round. 5 through 12 play in the first round. You talk about watering down the regular season games, OSU couldn't win it's division, let alone its conference, but gets to play in the playoff? That's why this 4 team playoff is ludicrous. It's crap. Someone said you lose the drama of UM v. OSU, because both would get in, well the winner of there division, let alone there conference isn't in. What's does that make of the regular season?
Old 12-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #39
Iron Lung Jimmy

Except if you only take conference champions we could have had a playoff this year of Florida, Virginia Tech, Penn State, and Colorado.

Nobody wants that.

And talk about making regular season games meaningless... Alabama rolls through everyone all year and Florida sucks, but then a fluke win in the championship game puts Florida in the playoffs? Regular season = meaningless under those rules.

As for Ohio State... everybody is complaining about that, but the only reason they didn't play in the B1G championship game was Michigan somehow lost to Iowa. Had Michigan beat Iowa, Ohio State goes to the conference championship game. To have clearly the best team in the conference left out due to some byzantine tie-breaking system is something else nobody really wants.

And ask yourself... in a rematch between Penn State and Ohio State... on which you were forced to bet $10,000... who would you take?
Old 12-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #40
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Iron Lung Jimmy;9447696]Except if you only take conference champions we could have had a playoff this year of Florida, Virginia Tech, Penn State, and Colorado.

Nobody wants that.

You make my case for not haveing a four team playoff. 5 champions ,plus 7 at large bids for the bye week/12 team playoff. Or 5 champions plus 3 at large bids. Still think 12 is the way to go.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #41
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
He destroyed your case for not having a four team playoff because you're putting so much emphasis on conference champions. If Florida by some miracle had beaten Alabama in the SEC championship game, they'd go straight to the playoffs under your system. That's ridiculous. Even if Alabama still got in with your at large bids, the fact that Florida would get an automatic trip to the playoffs from winning one game makes no sense. Penn State, a team which let's be honest has no business being in the playoffs, would've automatically gotten in over Ohio State and Michigan. That makes no sense.

I mean that's like setting up a drag race between a Corvette Z06 and a Camry, and the Z06 blowing a tire in the middle of it and declaring the Camry a better car.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:14 AM   #42
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
College ball is too rough for a full playoff. Injuries would be through the roof because these young men all play their heart out 110% not like the NFL.
I say go back to a 10 game season like back in the day then have a real playoff.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote